becca69

Numbers/Books Wanted List ASOIAF Limited Editions

729 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure it was 16kish... but that was pre Dance with Dragons. So that's 5 books instead of 4. Which would bring the price, on a fractional basis, from 16k to 20k. That's not really how it works obviously but it does show that it's not a completely unreasonable increase.

For sale or trade: a Game of Thrones 416.

Wanted: Storm of Swords 438.

Wanted a Game of Thrones 259.

Great work with this becca!

For sale or trade: a Game of Thrones 416.

Wanted: Storm of Swords 438.

Wanted a Game of Thrones 259.

Great work with this becca!

Thanks and you've been added!

Looking for #277 - any and all books since I only have ADWD and the rights.

I'd also be interested in ANY number ASoS and AFFC as placeholders for the 277s which may never materialize.

Or a complete numbered set if anyone is selling.

Hi Becca,

I appreciate you doing this (!)

I'm looking for:

Both the lettered (TT) and numbered (391) for:

A Feast for Crows

A Storm of Swords

Thank you...

391 - A Feast for Crows

391 - A Storm of Swords

Hi Becca,

I appreciate you doing this (!)

I'm looking for:

Both the lettered (TT) and numbered (391) for:

A Feast for Crows

A Storm of Swords

Thank you...

391 - A Feast for Crows

391 - A Storm of Swords

You are on the list!

Hi Becca this is a great thing you are doing!

I'd be interesting in selling full numbered set with rights (#441) in exchange for a single numbered GoT + $$$$.

David

Hi Becca this is a great thing you are doing!

I'd be interesting in selling full numbered set with rights (#441) in exchange for a single numbered GoT + $$$$.

David

Ok, do you want me to list this as a trade only or will you sell outright? And is your set AGoT thru ADwD?

Edited by becca69

I'm open to both of those options, depending :)

It's GoT thru DwD yes, haven't pre-ordered the SubPress CoK yet.

Thanks so much.

We should rise up!

In the event we all get shut down, tell Ran that I am Spartacus...

Someone just open a new one, no big deal lol

Looks like Camelot Books has a numbered set available (minus MM AGoT, but including SS ACoK) for $5100. Depending on what you think MM AGoT are worth ($1,000-$2000) doesn't seem too bad. Don't know which number it is...

I dunno, it's not just a matter of subtracting the value of the MM AGoT. The whole of a matching set is worth more than the sum of its parts. An incomplete set is incomplete whether or not its missing 1 matching book or 3.

So if we think $5100 is a decent price for a numbered "set' without the MM AGOT, what would be a decent price for one with it? I agree with Justinian; you can't just add the market value for numbered MM AGOT. A set is greater than the sum of it's parts. So if we assume a fair price for a stand-alone numbered MM AGOT is approximately $2200, we saying a numbered set is worth more than approximatley $7300...

Thoughts?

So if we think $5100 is a decent price for a numbered "set' without the MM AGOT, what would be a decent price for one with it? I agree with Justinian; you can't just add the market value for numbered MM AGOT. A set is greater than the sum of it's parts. So if we assume a fair price for a stand-alone numbered MM AGOT is approximately $2200, we saying a numbered set is worth more than approximatley $7300...

Thoughts?

Hard to say. That's probably close. Mid- to high-6k is probably about right in my estimation (wiggle room, naturally, for auction or consignment fees, condition of books, etc.).

I also wonder what kind of cut Camelot takes in that kind of consignment.

Hey guys, the set is actually mine up on Camelot. I talked with Kim at camelot to help pick the price, they just recently sold a numbered set of books 3-5 for 4,500$, so I figure the price is reasonable, plus people feel safer buying from a legit source. The books are in amazing condition with the book marks and illustration booklet. Also the new Sub Press clash of kings is on pre order paid for included with the early illustration booklet that comes with it. Camelot takes 20% on consignment for the above question :).

Edited by `SerPounce