Robb's worst betrayals came from his aunt and his grandfather

The Frosted King

Does family mean nothing??? She sat behind her walls while her brother and father and sister fought for their lives - fought in a war which she had started by sending that fake letter to Cat.She was a traitor to her King and husband. She might not be a traitor to Robb the King but she was a traitor to her family by deliberately and knowingly getting them into a war which destroyed them.

Wasn't she forced to have an abortion by her father and then marry some old guy to strengthen his political position.

After reading this, I would blame Robb's worst betrayal to be from Aegon the conqueror. If he hadn't conquered the seven kingdoms, Robb would have been King in the north, after his father died ofcourse. Which would also mean that Ned's worst betrayal ALSO came from Aegon I.

Wow, no. She owed nothing to Robb. She protected her people with selfish reasoning but even a sane person would have no reason to help him. She is rulling Vale as a Regent for her son(an Arryn), being the Aunt of Robb was in no way an obligation to help him.

What about her sister and her father and her brother?? Did she owe nothing to them as well?? I'm not saying she should have proclaimed Robb her King but she should have sent men when her father was dying, her brother was captive and her old home besieged. She should have sent men when she realized her family would die if she did not.

What about her sister and her father and her brother?? Did she owe nothing to them as well?? I'm not saying she should have proclaimed Robb her King but she should have sent men when her father was dying, her brother was captive and her old home besieged. She should have sent men when she realized her family would die if she did not.

Lysa cared about them less than she cared about pleasing Petyr Baelish.

I think Robb was just young to shoulder the burden of king in the North, he was shouldering it well but it still weighed heavy on him, we can blame catelyn but it was also understandable, it was also Robbs mistakes, he realizes that he is winning battles but loosing the war, that speaks volumes.

We see things differently, we will agree to disagree.

Wasn't she forced to have an abortion by her father and then marry some old guy to strengthen his political position.

She was carrying the bastard of a low born scumbag who didn't even love her and only f*cked her because he thought she was her sister. And Jon Arynn was a great match - how many second daughters get to marry a lord paramount? Hoster Tully saved his daughter from dishonor and marriage to LF - and seeing as how Lysa died a few weeks after her marriage to LF, Hoster probably saved her life as well.

Just like the North was safe with the Crannogman in the Neck and Manderly in White Harbour?

The North was safe - if it wasn't for infighting in the North the ironborn would have easily been kicked out. And just who was Lysa fearing?? Lannisters?? If so then why not send men to destroy that threat once and for all.

The smart option for Lysa would have been to join Robb and take out one of the strongest allies to the crown if Little finger really wanted the crown how could have had the North handled through infighting later. Once the Lannisters were gone the Throne would have lost all its power over the seven kingdoms.

So basically you are saying that we should not blame Lysa because she was a coward?? I am blaming her for being a coward while you are excusing her actions because she was a coward. Either way cowardice in war is punished via death.

We can call her actions cowardly, and brand her as such. However this does not mean that she betrayed Robb, as she was under no obligation to help him. As the Regent of the Vale she was perfectly within her rights to sit back and watch. And if she is a coward why have her knights go storming off to help a cause which she isn't interested in?

The North was safe - if it wasn't for infighting in the North the ironborn would have easily been kicked out. And just who was Lysa fearing?? Lannisters?? If so then why not send men to destroy that threat once and for all.

No it wasn't. I'm dealing with events in the series and the North was not safe. If you want to discuss hypothetical scenarios then fair enough, had Balon not died the Ironborn would of cemented their hold of the West of the North.

After reading this, I would blame Robb's worst betrayal to be from Aegon the conqueror. If he hadn't conquered the seven kingdoms, Robb would have been King in the north, after his father died ofcourse. Which would also mean that Ned's worst betrayal ALSO came from Aegon I.

See my earlier post. It's the firstmen's fault, if they had never come there would be no Robb.

Archived