[Book Spoilers] Arya and the Tickler

The Dark Sister

It's probably not really essential (aside from being a strong reminder of her identity? it's actually pointed out explicitly in that context, so who knows, it might actually end up being pretty relevant) but it's definitely really satisfying when she finally gets it back. People who haven't even read the books still ask about that damn sword, haha, (and Nymeria naturally) and yet they can't remember half the main characters' names. I would imagine they'll have her recover Needle for that reason alone.

Depends on what you deem essential. It's the only token of her former live she doesn't get rid of,

so i'd say Needle is already very important and it might become more important the closer

she gets to becoming "no one". Her sword might be important when regaining her former Identity.

Why? We've seen nothing in the books so far to suggest Needle is essential to any narrative elements.

Yeah, but it's essential to Arya's characters, it's her last connection to her past. They have nothing else at the moment to replace it. And the killing in Mhysa was almost exactly with the way she killed the guard at Harrenhal. This time she did it for revenge, the next time it will be to help The Hound. I'm not worried about this. Arya's a fan favorite, they'll take good care of her story.

I'm still pissed about it. DD are cutting out the most brilliantly written scenes in the series (Ramsay/Reek in S2, HotU S2, Arya getting her revenge on the Tickler and Crew)... that bullshit they had her do in this episode does not make up for the fact that that scene will never happen, and they made sure of it last season when they had Jaqen kill him.

You could FEEL her fury as she is stabbing him "Is there gold in the village?..." and all the other questions the Tickler had that she shot right back at him as she was killing him. And brilliant way for her to get Needle back.

I'm really quite excited for her to get to the House of Black and White. I wonder what they will do with Arya next season though, because since the Crossroads scene probably won't happen, the only other thing she does in the book is leave the Hound and board the ship at Saltpans. But the Hound will get injured for her to leave him behind, so I guess something will happen. And (this isn't necessarily a gripe on the show, but just the character period) I thought the way Arya treated the Hound was a little tough, considering he could have let her run right into her death at the Twins. He saved her life and did not have to.

I think she will get needle back somehow.

There will be a lot going on next season, there may only be a couple of Arya scenes, which could just be the Hound and Arya traveling around, wisecracking and killing people.

I do agree, Arya gets a lot of flack for "turning dark" but to me the darkest thing she has done other than her actual assassination was leaving the Hound and the cruel things she said to him.

That sword would have to be pretty damned important to write it in and make a big deal about it - as of now its only a connection to her past, and disobeying the kind man.

Some day people will write doctoral theses on people's reaction to things changed in the TV show based on their projections on how they think these plot lines will be developed in the future.

Sandor doesn't save Arya out of the goodness of his heart. He actually says he should have let her die and she might have been be able to kiss her mother's corpse.

He wanted the money. At that point he was still thinking of ransoming Arya to her Tully relatives.

She was mean but he killed her friend and took her hostage. He threatened her in the same manner that Weese and Roose Bolton did, called a bitch several times, said no one would want her, was amused at the thought of her being married to Robert Arryn against her will, etc.

Sandor doesn't save Arya out of the goodness of his heart. He actually says he should have let her die and she might have been be able to kiss her mother's corpse.

He wanted the money. At that point he was still thinking of ransoming Arya to her Tully relatives.

She was mean but he killed her friend and took her hostage. He threatened her in the same manner that Weese and Roose Bolton did, called a bitch several times, said no one would want her, was amused at the thought of her being married to Robert Arryn against her will, etc.

Right? In this last episode my clothes fell off when he saved her. I seriously fell in love with him at that moment. Not so much in the books lol.

Why does she need it? Last time we heard about it, she put it under a rock.

Really? Don't do that -_- She hides it and thinks "Needle was Robb and Bran and Rickon, her mother and her father, even Sansa. Needle was Winterfell's grey walls, and the laughter of its people. Needle was the summer snows, Old Nan's stories, the heart tree with its red leaves and scary face, the warm earthy smell of the glass gardens, the sound of the north wind rattling the shutters of her room. Needle was Jon Snow's smile. He used to mess my hair and call me 'little sister', she remembered, and suddenly there were tears in her eyes."

Arya getting revenge wouldn't make much sense since they butchered her stay at Harrenhal in season 2 anyway. The whole ordeal was basically reduced to her serving water to grampa Lannister. TV show viewers probably don't even remember that some guy took needle.

That scene was fantastic. It might be a weird thing to look forward to IDK but I've been on pins and needles about whether they would do the coin trick and they really pulled it off. You're obviously not feeling that remorseful about Random Frey Asshole getting stabbed but the way she played coy at first and then fucking snapped was great, and a little chilling.

Her travels with the Hound are going to be amazing, their scenes are almost like a dark sitcom already.

"next time tell me before you're going to murder a bunch of people!!"

*laughtrack*

A Chuck Lorre Production

:agree:

Archived