Arianne Martell's Future

I think Arianne will marry Aegon. The Dornish will be offended/enraged about what happened to Quentyn Martell in Mereen, and they won't support Daenerys. I think that Aegon/Arianne might get the Iron Throne for a brief time, but they will loose it to Dany, who will kill them with her dragons. Some others have pointed out the foreshadowing that suggests that Arianne may behave rashly when it comes to Aegon, and I tend to agree with them. I think she'll see the opportunity to be queen and forget about the risks.

Arienne is a sucker for men with good looks and if she allows that to cloud her judgement at her parlay with Aegon she will be doomed. I love the Dornish, but they have been itching for a fight for 17 years. I think Arienne will make them regret calling Doran week when she gives them a war that they cannot win.

I think Arianne will marry Aegon. The Dornish will be offended/enraged about what happened to Quentyn Martell in Mereen, and they won't support Daenerys. I think that Aegon/Arianne might get the Iron Throne for a brief time, but they will loose it to Dany, who will kill them with her dragons. Some others have pointed out the foreshadowing that suggests that Arianne may behave rashly when it comes to Aegon, and I tend to agree with them. I think she'll see the opportunity to be queen and forget about the risks.

Yup, yup, yup. Alllll of this.

Arienne is a sucker for men with good looks

Not only that, remember what she thought about Darkstar? Their children would be "as beautiful as dragonlords." She likes her some Targ-looking men.

I actually dont think the Dornish believe Aegon is legit. If I recall, Doran's plan all along had been to wed Arianne to Viserys when Viserys came back to take the throne. The problem with that is if a legit Aegon were alive he would in fact be the legit Targaryen heir as he was the son of the crown prince whereas Viserys was a second son of Aerys. If Aegon were legit, I think the Dornish would be one of the few parties privy to that information and if so, why marry Arianne to Viserys who has no claim?

Her ambition, rivalry with her brother and weakness for pretty boys will be her undoing. I think she has better chances to survive than Aegon, but that is not saying much. She and Aegon will have splendid court with feasts and wealth on display but it will be only last lie denying hard truths (winter), hers and Aegon's power won't match the power of real Targ dynasty and then Dany will come to Westeros and well...

Doran Martell wants a Targaryen government, and at least initially will probably try to prevent Aegon and Dany from fighting each other and ideally get them to join forces. For now Arianne seems to be on the same page as Doran, and I think she would go along with that. Of course he is in poor health, but if he were to die I think she would stick to the plan. The Sand Snakes might not, though.

Arianne is certainly determined to be *the* Queen. Doran's revelation has fuelled her ambition.

Dorne's future now lies in the hands of her, Tyene, and Nymeria, which is probably not good news for Dorne.

Im going to with Doran dying due to ill health, and Arianne leaving Aegon to rule Dorne.

She will mature as a result, and Daenerys attempts to invade Dorne, she will fly Drogon to Sunspear, and find it abandoned save for Arianne. And Arianne will say

"This is Dorne. You are not welcome here. Go back to where you came from"

Dany will wail that she will return with fire and blood. And Arianne will reply with the immortal words of Mariya Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"

Or at least I hope

I think that is a remote possibility, even if they do end up on opposite sides of the conflict, which is admittedly likely. There would be little reason for Daenerys to execute Arianne when the latter could only be found guilty of being deceived. I grant that the situation would be complicated if Arianne were to get pregnant, but I find that sequence of events unlikely.

More importantly, Daenerys is supposed to be the slayer of lies. That is indicative of a conclusion to the conflict wherein Daenerys exposes Aegon as a Blackfyre and as a puppet of Varys and Illyrio. Once the truth is out, Arianne will have much less cause to hate Daenerys.

If Arianne is Queen of Westeros, she'd have every reason to hate the person who was seeking to remove her (she already sees Dany as a rival, even before she gets to Westeros). I couldn't see her surviving a defeat at Dany's hands, or vice versa.

Doran Martell and his Norvoshi wife had spent half their marriage apart and the other half arguing. It was the only rash thing his father had ever done, to hear some tell i, the only time he had followed his heart instead of his head, and he had lived to rue it.

TWoW Arianne I

Pretty boys had ever been her weakness, particularly the ones who were dark and dangerous as well. That was before, when I was just a girl, she told herself. I am a woman now, my father’s daughter. I have learned that lesson.

The only thing Doran had ever been considered to have done rashly is his marriage. Arianne thinks of herself as her father's daughter, and she may reflect that in her marriage to Aegon.

I think she will be Aegon's queen.

She burned as bright as any man and so shall I.

She will die in the second Dance of Dragons. Aegon may possibly watch his queen being eaten by Dany's dragons like Aegon III saw his queen, his mother Rhaenyra, being eaten by a dragon. Either way, Arianne will be burned by Dany's dragons.

Pretty much this.

Like the OP, I'd also be bummed to see Arianne go, but her first TWoW chapter heavily implies that Dorne will side with Aegon in the upcoming Second Dance of the Dragons, especially since:

It's revealed in that chapter that word has already reached Dorne that Dany didn't actively try to prevent Viserys's death, leading some to already label her a kinslayer. Also, Arianne seems quite torn up about her suspicions regarding Quentyn, so when word reaches her about his death, she might channel her inner Oberyn and decide to get revenge on the person who spurned Quentyn and drove him to his crazy plan.

She's not really bright enough to be anything other than a tool for real players of the game. Looking forward to her inevitable nude scenes on the HBO show though. :bowdown:

Her plot to crown Myrcella was certainly rash and not very bright, but given the glimpses of her TWoW chapters that we've seen, it appears that Arianne is learning from her mistakes and taking a more calculated approach. She might also be able to play Aegon and Jon Connington, since Aegon has shown flashes of impatience and rashness, and JonCon is so determined to get Aegon on the Iron Throne that he might accept Arianne's "help" without a second thought.

Doran Martell wants a Targaryen government, and at least initially will probably try to prevent Aegon and Dany from fighting each other and ideally get them to join forces. For now Arianne seems to be on the same page as Doran, and I think she would go along with that. Of course he is in poor health, but if he were to die I think she would stick to the plan. The Sand Snakes might not, though.

I don't think Doran has much longer to live, and the decision whether or not to support Aegon rests with Arianne. I think that both her ambition, and her desire for revenge, will make it very hard for her not to believe Aegon is real. It's interesting that Doran feels he has no option but to place power in the hands of a daughter he's never trusted. Maybe he thinks it's time to throw caution to the winds.

For a cautious person he risks the lives of his family quite freely. How on earth did he persuade himself Oberyn would behave in KL? Why did Quentyn have to ask Dany's hand in person? Why send your daughter on such as dangerous mission and why think she would be capable of telling if Aegon was fake?

Doran Martell and his Norvoshi wife had spent half their marriage apart and the other half arguing. It was the only rash thing his father had ever done, to hear some tell i, the only time he had followed his heart instead of his head, and he had lived to rue it.

TWoW Arianne I

Pretty boys had ever been her weakness, particularly the ones who were dark and dangerous as well. That was before, when I was just a girl, she told herself. I am a woman now, my father’s daughter. I have learned that lesson.

The only thing Doran had ever been considered to have done rashly is his marriage. Arianne thinks of herself as her father's daughter, and she may reflect that in her marriage to Aegon.

I think she will be Aegon's queen.

She burned as bright as any man and so shall I.

She will die in the second Dance of Dragons. Aegon may possibly watch his queen being eaten by Dany's dragons like Aegon III saw his queen, his mother Rhaenyra, being eaten by a dragon. Either way, Arianne will be burned by Dany's dragons.

I think she is going to cause the downfall of house Martell. Her "weakness" for pretty boys and her lust for power will make her telling her father that Aegon is real.

I really like the Martells and I want them to get their revenge for Elia :(

She's not really bright enough to be anything other than a tool for real players of the game. Looking forward to her inevitable nude scenes on the HBO show though. :bowdown:

Yeah.

And I wonder how they'll cast her. That's quite a few physical things she has to have to match the character. (Bleh.)

Archived