Small questions v.10007

Stubby

Are the nagga bones on old Wyk really bones or just rocks that look like them? It makes for a much better story this way, but I'd think we'd have heard more about actual krakens and sea dragons with all the time spent on boats lately if they were real.

(First post)

Why was it necessary for Stannis to have Edric's (or in the tv show, Gendry's) blood for the spells against the other kings? Stannis and Robert share the same blood, since they are brothers, no? Wouldn't Stannis be more kings blood than Gendry, who is half king blood and half whore?

(First post)

Why was it necessary for Stannis to have Edric's (or in the tv show, Gendry's) blood for the spells against the other kings? Stannis and Robert share the same blood, since they are brothers, no? Wouldn't Stannis be more kings blood than Gendry, who is half king blood and half whore?

Are you asking why they didn't use Stannis' blood? I think Melisandre was under the impression that using any more magic through Stannis might kill him, due to the fact that he made two shadowbabies with her.

Are the nagga bones on old Wyk really bones or just rocks that look like them? It makes for a much better story this way, but I'd think we'd have heard more about actual krakens and sea dragons with all the time spent on boats lately if they were real.

I believe they are bones, but don't quote me on that.

Is there a concrete answer to whether Margaery is really a maiden? And whether she was actually being given moontea by Pycelle or was it made up? Because in the Cersei POV where she questions Pycelle, he seems to say he was giving Margaery moontea without any persuasion or leading questioning by Cersei.

Is there a concrete answer to whether Margaery is really a maiden? And whether she was actually being given moontea by Pycelle or was it made up? Because in the Cersei POV where she questions Pycelle, he seems to say he was giving Margaery moontea without any persuasion or leading questioning by Cersei.

That is my reading as well, however, there are others who interpret things differently. See e.g. this thread.

Are you asking why they didn't use Stannis' blood? I think Melisandre was under the impression that using any more magic through Stannis might kill him, due to the fact that he made two shadowbabies with her.

My small question: were there actually two shadowbabies, confirmed? The TV show (where she kills 1) messes up my ACoK memory (where she kills 2). Hngh.

Just rocks:

Nagga had been the first sea dragon, the mightiest ever to rise from the waves. She fed on krakens and leviathans and drowned whole islands in her wrath, yet the Grey King had slain her and the Drowned God had changed her bones to stone so that men might never cease to wonder at the courage of the first of kings. Nagga’s ribs became the beams and pillars of his longhall, just as her jaws became his throne.

My small question: were there actually two shadowbabies, confirmed? The TV show (where she kills 1) messes up my ACoK memory (where she kills 2). Hngh.

Yes. Brienne and Cat see one kill Renly, and Davos sees another under Storm's End being born.

I'm a little confused about the timeline regarding Sybell Spicer getting Jeyne to sleep with Robb and eventually leading to their marriage (by the purported "love potion" or any other means). Did Sybell do that under Tywin's instructions (ie, implying they'd been in touch ever since Robb moved west, and Tywin knew that Robb's honor would be his downfall), or did she orchestrate it all on her own and inform Tywin about it after it was done, and then wait for further instructions from then on?

She clearly mentions she had no idea that RW was going to happen though (she says otherwise she wouldn't have sent her son Ser Reynald with Robb), so Tywin was definitely not completely open about his plans.

Hello guys it is me again.Sorry I am asking maybe a questions that is asked before but... here it goes :D

"When gazing into the fires, Melisandre sees a wooden face, corpse white, a thousand red eyes, and a boy with a wolf's head beside him. She believes these to be the Great Other's champions, as Stannis is hers[3]." This is from the Wiki. I am 100% sure the boy with wolfs head is Robb.I know he might not be alive but what if he doesn't have POV in the books because of that that he will become the Great Other.Sorry if the question is stupid,but I really want to see Starks kickin and taking names :D

Hello guys it is me again.Sorry I am asking maybe a questions that is asked before but... here it goes :D

"When gazing into the fires, Melisandre sees a wooden face, corpse white, a thousand red eyes, and a boy with a wolf's head beside him. She believes these to be the Great Other's champions, as Stannis is hers[3]." This is from the Wiki. I am 100% sure the boy with wolfs head is Robb.I know he might not be alive but what if he doesn't have POV in the books because of that that he will become the Great Other.Sorry if the question is stupid,but I really want to see Starks kickin and taking names :D

It's more likely that the wooden face, corpse white is BR, and that the boy with the wolf's head is Bran.

In the first chapter of brienne's pov in A FEAST FOR CROWS, it is said that,Along with a shield with lothston arms on it, she found also a mare, some gold coins, silver coins and a "scroll, worth more than any of the rest." WHAT IS THAT SCROLL SHE FOUND?

In the first chapter of brienne's pov in A FEAST FOR CROWS, it is said that,Along with a shield with lothston arms on it, she found also a mare, some gold coins, silver coins and a "scroll, worth more than any of the rest." WHAT IS THAT SCROLL SHE FOUND?

Robb's will? it would be great D:

anyone knows that??

I believe it is the letter with Tommens seal on it saying that she is on kings business or whatever. I think she shows it to Tarley when she is brought to him.

Did the show foreshadowed:

1. Bran will be the one to defeat the Others.

2. Tyrion and Sansa's relationship will become amicable.

No.

The show does not forshadow. It barely even aftershadows.

Seriously though, the show changes the plots pretty heavily, on a who-lives-who-dies level even (GRRM has warned against some things and not been heeded btw). There's little to be gained by picking out one appealing change and calling it forshadowing.

Both points that you mention are on a level that the show could easily turn around again if the books decide it's the other way around.

I might have missed something, but why does Stannis return to dragonstone after the blackwater? At this point he has already taken storm's end, which is a far superior castle, both strategically (further away from the lannisters, much easier to defend etc) and in terms of significance - surely Stannis would want to take his rightful seat there (especially since he bangs on about how unfair Robert was for giving it to renly)? Instead he leaves it to a castellan and stays in far more vulnerable dragonstone, makes no sense to me

Archived