Small questions v.10007

Stubby

Any chance that Septa Lemore could be Lynesse Hightower?

Only if she dyes her hair (Lynesse is blonde, Lemore brown), and I don't see a reason why she would do so.

Even then, it would mean that she was almost 30 when Jorah met her. Now I don't have a precise quote on her age, but it seemed to me that Jorah snatched up Lynesse when she was still very young. It would also make the timeline a bit cramped - Jorah meets her, takes her North, she becomes bored, he sells slaves, they flee, they separate, she meets Tregar Ormollen, becomes his chief concubine, has a child, leaves Tregar, and all in the span of a few years, and then she starts teaching Aegon about mysteries of the Faith "since he has been old enough to understand them". Granted, Aegon could recently have switched septas and it all can be twisted around to match up, but it's a hard sell nevertheless.

I'm rereading Game now for the fifth time and I don't see any narrative of them meeting. But you should assume they have seen each other about the castle. I don't believe there was any narrative of her meeting Varys either but when she spies him in disguise with Illyrio she notices something familiar about him.

I thought that Arya met Littlefinger either on the trip down to KL (I definitely recall Sansa meeting him), and then another interaction in KL. Was it Arya that kept referring to him as the "little man"? Here's to hoping she does meet him someday, so she can stick a needle through his eye.

I'm guessing the Starks would have some kind of tax, but I mean how do the other kingdoms get their income..

This is my one issue with the books: I find the lives and livlihoods of the smallfolk to be rather vaguely described. Given the description of characters travelling through Westeros, the land seems largely uninhabited with only tiny villages and road-houses found primarily along the major routes; I'm sure this is deliberate and suggests the dimensions of the land are quite vast with large tracts of wilderness. Nevertheless most of the peasants who appear in the novels seem to be crofters - small-scale tenant farmers who grow food crops. I would think that a civilization as complex as Westeros would require more miners, stone cutters, builders, yeoman farmers, etc.

Based on the description of the North, money would come from mining and forestry. East Watch and White Harbour would be ports from which these natural resources would be dissemintated, as well as the Kingsroad. Since it is a feudal civilization, the tenant farmer would pay tythes to the lords and vassals.

I thought that Arya met Littlefinger either on the trip down to KL (I definitely recall Sansa meeting him), and then another interaction in KL. Was it Arya that kept referring to him as the "little man"? Here's to hoping she does meet him someday, so she can stick a needle through his eye.

LF wasn't at the Trident when Ned and the Girls traveled down. He was sucking up to Cat in KL.

So, Aegon has arrived in Westeros, correct? Where? It kind of sailed over my head until I read TWoW Arianne chapter.

The Stormlands. They've been taking castles in the Stormlands

and as of WoW have taken Storm's End itself.

Is there a concrete answer to whether Margaery is really a maiden? And whether she was actually being given moontea by Pycelle or was it made up? Because in the Cersei POV where she questions Pycelle, he seems to say he was giving Margaery moontea without any persuasion or leading questioning by Cersei.

if you notice during that scene, when Pycelle gives the answer that, yes, he did bring moontea to Marge, he is cut off in mid sentence as he continues to talk by Cersei. if allowed to finish his sentence, could he have said it was for someone else, as in a hand maid or lady in waiting of Marge's? one of them was being courted by a Kettleblack or someone else i can't remember now.

Archived