[BOOK SPOILERS] Jaime?

Rashtibram

I know. It's like they have to put things in a box. I keep brining up Robb/Talisa because that's their baby, from start to finish. That's what they consider romantic. Something can be romantic that's just the way something is done, like the way he jumped into the bear pit and said "I only rescue maidens". But it doesn't have to end in a love affair, or even a kiss. Maybe they never see each other again. But maybe it means a lot to them, just the same. Why do they think the only thing we want to see is those Robb/Talisa type things? Haven't we seen all of that before?

I find it hard to believe they dont' care about the Jamie/Brienne story, it was one of the most popular and well received storylines they did, the two characters have great chemistry on screen and it was a hit with critics as well.

Maybe and I hate myself for saying this, they are going to use Brienne in KL to turn it into a weird love triangle...if you think about the books...he thinks he loves Cersei, but after he meets Brienne everything w/Cersei goes wrong....but he doesn't really recognizes his feelings for Brienne, its all subconscious.

The show likes to beat the audience over the head with things so maybe they will make this very, very subtle pschological triangle a much more obvious pull of Jamie's feelings?

I have no idea. WTF are they going to do with Brienne at the PW? LOL.

I don't understand, why would it make sense?

IMO, they've whitewashed Cersei because they don't care. She was whitewashed in season 1 and 2 as well, but by season 3 they just made her into what the showrunners wanted her to be. Also LH hasn't read the books, so she has her own take on the character, which I guess has nothing to do with her book counterpart, by looking at the way she plays Cersei.

Cercei sees her children all go down, horribly in the books, supposedly. So, showrunners with their inside info figure, lets amp her up as this loving mother so audiences will share in the pain, also remember most Starks are off the chess board learning their trades, so they'll have to look elsewhere to punch viewers in the gut. Sweet Tommen could be one of those moments. Or it could be your reason, just because.

I find it hard to believe they dont' care about the Jamie/Brienne story, it was one of the most popular and well received storylines they did, the two characters have great chemistry on screen and it was a hit with critics as well.

Maybe and I hate myself for saying this, they are going to use Brienne in KL to turn it into a weird love triangle...if you think about the books...he thinks he loves Cersei, but after he meets Brienne everything w/Cersei goes wrong....but he doesn't really recognizes his feelings for Brienne, its all subconscious.

The show likes to beat the audience over the head with things so maybe they will make this very, very subtle pschological triangle a much more obvious pull of Jamie's feelings?

I have no idea. WTF are they going to do with Brienne at the PW? LOL.

My impression is that the popularity of this storyline and their dynamic was unexpected. It was great for about 6 episodes or so, then ended abruptly without some sort of "closure" scene between them, it was weird. And they also rushed them back to KL for no apparent reason, because let's face it this is not one of those instances in which the adaptation required a change, so overall I don't think they were that invested in Jaime and Brienne.

However, now that they know, if they're smart they'll play with this dynamic because the audience like it.

Lord Petyr Baelish knows Arya is alive, he indicated as much to Sansa in their scene by the docks.

Gendry, Hot Pie, Jaqen H'ghar, The Brotherhood Without Banners, even presumably Melisande, the Hound. Plenty of people know Arya Stark is alive.

If Jaime hadn't lived his life as a man without honor, perhaps he'd have better networking and would get a tip from out in the field.

He's a changed man after Brienne, they won't quit on Arya as long as there is even the slightest chance to find her alive.

That's, perhaps, the only way I see them split up: Jaime stays behind to track down Arya while Brienne is forced to follow the other one.

My impression is that the popularity of this storyline and their dynamic was unexpected. It was great for about 6 episodes or so, then ended abruptly without some sort of "closure" scene between them, it was weird. And they also rushed them back to KL for no apparent reason, because let's face it this is not one of those instances in which the adaptation required a change, so overall I don't think they were that invested in Jaime and Brienne.

However, now that they know, if they're smart they'll play with this dynamic because the audience like it.

This is my exact feeling. I think the wrap of S3 for Jaime/Brienne is evidence that they did not anticipate their wild popularity with the audience. I think they were hoping to successfully sell Jaime to show watchers and Brienne was very much secondary to that.

I've even got a theory there was more Jaime/Brienne for the finale, but they cut it because they've decided to take S4 in a different direction than they originally intended, due to their joint popularity. It's a little crackpot, but if you read the NCW interviews prior to 10 airing, he implies more of a wrap to their story than what we saw. Almost as though they shot more scenes.

At this point, they'd be smart to milk the audience's J/B infatuation for all it's worth.

Interesting. LOL. It would be so typical of my revised view of D&D that the storyline they created and intended to showcase Robb/Talisa did not become a runaway audience favorite...and one they hadn't counted on Jamie/Brienne did.

But, I don't know, Jamie/Brienne is quite popular among book fans.

I've even got a theory there was more Jaime/Brienne for the finale, but they cut it because they've decided to take S4 in a different direction than they originally intended, due to their joint popularity...

I don't think so, if only because their story was speed up rather than slow down on the show.

On the books, they didn't reach King's Landing until after Joffrey was wed and killed. On the show, they got home shortly after Tyrion's wedding. There's plenty of material left for them whether or not they cut scenes in the finale.

This is my exact feeling. I think the wrap of S3 for Jaime/Brienne is evidence that they did not anticipate their wild popularity with the audience. I think they were hoping to successfully sell Jaime to show watchers and Brienne was very much secondary to that.

I've even got a theory there was more Jaime/Brienne for the finale, but they cut it because they've decided to take S4 in a different direction than they originally intended, due to their joint popularity. It's a little crackpot, but if you read the NCW interviews prior to 10 airing, he implies more of a wrap to their story than what we saw. Almost as though they shot more scenes.

At this point, they'd be smart to milk the audience's J/B infatuation for all it's worth.

I'm really not sure about this. I saw NCW interview and yes he talked about closure, but I don't think this is the case. Also because like I said, they've rushed them to KL while they would have had still plenty of material to use if they were interested in their dynamic and wanted to delay their comeback to be more faithful to the books e.g. finding out about the RW while on the read, etc.

But I agree, they might not care (and I do think D&D have favourites and everyone else is treated meh at best) but the audience does, so they'd be smart to keep them going.

Interesting. LOL. It would be so typical of my revised view of D&D that the storyline they created and intended to showcase Robb/Talisa did not become a runaway audience favorite...and one they hadn't counted on Jamie/Brienne did.

But, I don't know, Jamie/Brienne is quite popular among book fans.

It's popular with book fans, but maybe not with D&D. For instance, like you say their idea of a popular pairing is Robb/Talisa which was so cringey, sometimes watching it I just wanted to cry in shame. Their love scene in season 3 was so corny, I felt like I was watching a Latin American telenovela, and I don't mean it as a compliment <_< And also, their idea of a good storyline is Theon being tortured for 7 episodes, and that should tell us a lot.

Now that Ygritte/Jon and Talisa/Robb are no more, we need another horribly written shitty love story. Why not make it a triangle while they're at it? Cersei/Jaime/Brienne! Yay!

The Cersei/Jaime reunion was already very Bold&Beautiful in the 90s, so chances are they'll turn the Lannisters into the Forresters of Westeros.

The Cersei/Jaime reunion was already very Bold&Beautiful in the 90s, so chances are they'll turn the Lannisters into the Forresters of Westeros.

Ahah totally. All it was missing was the slow close-up on their faces and the fuzzy lighting.

Right now it's all about Jaime/Brienne, Arya/the Hound, and Davos/Stannis.

Da best duos right now.

I see Davos, Stannis and Melisandre as a love triangle sanctioned by the Lord of Light myself.

Seriously though, I think both Arya & The Hound and Jaime & Brienne will continue their respective journeys as pairing next season.

I think they messed up BIG time with having Jaime in KL already. They'll end up making stuff up to fill his time there until he speaks with Tyrions in the cells. This extra made-up stuff will always annoy us book-readers.

The only positive is that Cersei and Jaime probably won't bang each other on top of Joffrey's coffin.

Jaime's early S4 storyline (pre-PW) will likely revolve around his fragmenting relationship with Cersei, as well as somehow being directly or indirectly involved in Loras' decision to join the Kingsguard. It would be ironic, and so very Jaime, for him to play on the very same notions that led him to join Aerys' Kingsguard when he was Loras' age, even though he KNOWS he came to regret the choice and that it didn't work out how he planned.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if we saw a Brienne/Loras scene too, to bring closure to the Renly saga. In the show they've gone with the notion that Loras doesn't believe Brienne is responsible (unlike in the books) so they might instead have some sort of unusual vague mutual bonding over grieving Renly. Perhaps we'll even get the 'candle' line.

What if Sansa is the reason Brienne doesn't take Sansa. If Sansa reveals to Brienne the RW, then that would be a nice scene. Following that up with Where would she go, who could protect me from the Lanasters or her husband. Brienne could finally convience her that anyway would be better then where she is now, and off Tarth as a harbor.

Then while trying to escape with Sansa, Jaime or Loras could catch them and have them arrested before Joffery could have them killed.

I think Jaime with Tyrion and Tywin is what I would love to see. Maybe even some sneers from Tywin about Jaime/Cersi. Blaming their sin as to why Joffery is evil. Maybe Joffery over hearing it-because he seems to believe that Robert is his father. I could see that being impactful.

What if Sansa is the reason Brienne doesn't take Sansa. If Sansa reveals to Brienne the RW, then that would be a nice scene. Following that up with Where would she go, who could protect me from the Lanasters or her husband. Brienne could finally convience her that anyway would be better then where she is now, and off Tarth as a harbor.

Then while trying to escape with Sansa, Jaime or Loras could catch them and have them arrested before Joffery could have them killed.

I think Jaime with Tyrion and Tywin is what I would love to see. Maybe even some sneers from Tywin about Jaime/Cersi. Blaming their sin as to why Joffery is evil. Maybe Joffery over hearing it-because he seems to believe that Robert is his father. I could see that being impactful.

Well, Robert is Joffrey's father, you're not a parent because you produce a child, you're a parent because you act as one, so tbh all of Cersei's children are Robert's even if they're not.

The things is, I can't imagine Brienne coming in contact with Sansa and not 1- trying to help her 2- if all fails and she can't take her anywhere (although as many pointed out she has an aunt and Jon Snow would definitely be an option too) but even if travelling would be out of the question because it's dangerous etc, I can't imagine Brienne not staying behind to protect Sansa until she can take her somewhere to be safe.

Lend me a hand, Hand. A kingslayer needs his place next to the king. Just a few drops of nightshade Tywin as Cercei is totally stumped. Loras has a few extra fingers being her boy brings her that cup of moon tea........ Brienne uses stilts, easily stepping up to Jamie's, Sansa challenge Tyrion is far too short..

No it doesn't make sense.

Why was knight'ed stupid from season 2 not seen in season 3?

I think they messed up BIG time with having Jaime in KL already. They'll end up making stuff up to fill his time there until he speaks with Tyrions in the cells. This extra made-up stuff will always annoy us book-readers.

I look on the bright side: this time he'll know for a fact that Tyrion is innocent, if only because Jaime was already here.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if we saw a Brienne/Loras scene too, to bring closure to the Renly saga. In the show they've gone with the notion that Loras doesn't believe Brienne is responsible (unlike in the books) so they might instead have some sort of unusual vague mutual bonding over grieving Renly. Perhaps we'll even get the 'candle' line.

I'm eager to see Brienne scenes with the Tyrell because, up until the bath tub scene, Jaime struck me as a bit jealous of Renly or, at the very least, he was painfully aware of Brienne's devotion for him.

It should be interesting to hear both Margaery's and Loras's perspective on it.

Especially because its that devotion what convinced Loras that Brienne had nothing to do with Renly's murder. The more they defend her, the trickier it'll get for the Kingslayer.

A couple of thoughts.

1.)Jamie promised to send Sansa back with Brienne, so he has a chance to do that. What everyone here is forgetting is Where exactly is he supposed to send her? Her parents are dead, her brothers are all dead, her sister is missing, Her loyal armies are either dead, or betrayed her brother, and her home was destroyed by Roose's bastard. The only places left to send her are the eeryie and riverrun, You can't send her to Riverrun as that was part of the agreement with the Freys, why send her someplace that is about to be sieged by the people that just murdered the rest of her family at a wedding? Jamie being in kings landing is stuck between a rock and a hard place, and should provide him with some real soul searching moments with brienne that should make for good tv.

2.)The show from this point forward i seriously doubt will be strictly adhering to the order of the books, I fully expect lots of ADWD and AFFC material to start showing up in the show.

3.)I would be completely okay with cutting out most of the ironborn storylines, as it all felt like Fluff to pad the books, same thing with some of the Dorn storylines, All the chapters with the prince trying to woo danny was filler, it meant nothing, and nothing came of it.

4.)I don't think we are getting LS in the show at all, and thats okay.

A couple of thoughts.

1.)Jamie promised to send Sansa back with Brienne, so he has a chance to do that. What everyone here is forgetting is Where exactly is he supposed to send her? Her parents are dead, her brothers are all dead, her sister is missing, Her loyal armies are either dead, or betrayed her brother, and her home was destroyed by Roose's bastard. The only places left to send her are the eeryie and riverrun, You can't send her to Riverrun as that was part of the agreement with the Freys, why send her someplace that is about to be sieged by the people that just murdered the rest of her family at a wedding? Jamie being in kings landing is stuck between a rock and a hard place, and should provide him with some real soul searching moments with brienne that should make for good tv.

And why couldn't she be sent to her aunt? Also, you forget she still has a living brother. Nevermind he's a half-brother and a bastard, everyone knows Ned brought up Jon as a sibling to Sansa, and it doesn't take a genius to work out her life would be better anywhere than as a prisoner in KL, with Tywin pushing Tyrion to impregnate her so the Lannisters can have a claim to Winterfell.

2.)The show from this point forward i seriously doubt will be strictly adhering to the order of the books, I fully expect lots of ADWD and AFFC material to start showing up in the show.

3.)I would be completely okay with cutting out most of the ironborn storylines, as it all felt like Fluff to pad the books, same thing with some of the Dorn storylines, All the chapters with the prince trying to woo danny was filler, it meant nothing, and nothing came of it.

And what's your point in reference to Jaime's storyline?

4.)I don't think we are getting LS in the show at all, and thats okay.

This is speculation. Why even bother introducing the BwB and the whole bringing people back to life malarkey if not to use it later on for zombie!Cat? And anyway, not to have LS might be ok for you, but it isn't for me and a massive chunk of book readers. The moment they stray too much from the books is the moment GoT ceases to be an adaptation and that's not ok.

Archived