[Book Spoilers] Robb and Grey Wind

Broken Fox

I was so convinced they were not going to show it that when they started chanting "Here comes the King in the North!" I let out like such a cheerful giggle

To be clear I did not enjoy seeing that. It was more of a "holy fuck they actually went there" kind of giggle.

the scene was so much painful. i felt very bad when arya looksed at her elder brother with wolf head. 10 out of 10.

They made the RW a 1000 times worse for Arya in the show.... I mean come on, wasn't it enough to let her see Grey Wind getting killed and now they actually parade Robbwind around infront of her. Poor Arya...

I knew they were going to show it and I thought I was ready. I was wrong.

Really, I don't know how to describe the horror, the rage, the saddness that I felt during that scene. My hate for the Freys and Boltons has reached a completely new level.

They made the RW a 1000 times worse for Arya in the show.... I mean come on, wasn't it enough to let her see Grey Wind getting killed and now they actually parade Robbwind around infront of her. Poor Arya...

Well, one thing is that this makes Arya's journey towards death even more compelling for the show. She's been through a lot in the books, but I'd argue it's been even worse for her on the show. This scene coupled with the following scene of Arya going nuts on that Frey bannerman was awesomely brutal.

I think for me that was harder to look at than the whole red wedding.

Same for me. As sad as the RW was, I surprisingly wasn't as emotionally gutted as I thought I would be, but seeing Grey Wind's head on Robb seemed much more tragic+horrific...I'm not entirely sure why.

Archived