Meanwhile on the Iron Islands (book spoilers)

shimmy

She's only taking one ship- they probably disguise it as a freighter carrying squid-ink to the insurance underwriters of Braavos.

And it's not like there are hundreds of enemy ships in the seas. The Redwynes are the only ones with an actual fleet in Westeros at the moment in the show, but they are probably on their way to King's Landing already. The only threat Yara could face would be the pirates of the Stepstones.

Did the Boltons really try to ransom Theon to Balon in the book?

That letter to the Greyjoys did not seem written by Roose , sounded more like nut case Ramsay would have written and even signed Roose's name to it.

Maybe it was a ploy by Roose to get the Greyjoys out of the North, but the Boltons would have known when Balon died , which must happen before Yara(Asha) reaches The Dreadfort, ... every Greyjoy (except maybe Asha, tho that's been changed now) would not give a damn to get Theon back. Theon becomes totally useless.

So maybe that what Roose transmits to Yara that they are just going to keep Theon as a hostage and not kill him , only for the strategic reason of identifying Arya.

She turns away from the raid.

I don't know. I really did not mind the rework of Gendry and Jeyne Westerling , but this offshoot experiment with Yara , I can't figure where it's going.

D and D had better come up with something clever.

The sea is effin' big no matter how narrow it is. She's a naval person; taking one fast ship will be no problem for her, as she likely knows all the pirate spots. Plus, I bet the Ironborn just need to run up the Greyjoy sigil and the pirates will run off in case it's Victarion.

Archived