[Book Spoilers] EP310 Discussion

Ran

At first I didn't like the Danny last scene. But then, I rrealized it was probably suposed to be a little odd and out of place. think they are hinting about her big ego and tip of madness. This is another side of Danny that hasn't been shown in the tv show yet

I didn't get any hint at all and D&D aren't really known for being subtle.

I am not a fan of the ending, I was really hoping for Stoneheart, not to mention the scene that took its place was very "meh" to me despite being a Dany fan.

I have mixed feelings about the Stannis scenes, although Davos was quite amazing.

The Tywin scene was the best part.

Another few minor things of note:

Those ravens are super fast...

Did Shae really need a 5 minute scene all to herself?

And since when did Dany teach her Dragons how to fly on command?

How did Ygritte even catch up to Jon when he was mounted on a horse? Did I miss something..?

Edited by LikeWoah

The decision to split Storm of Swords into 2 seasons really saw its worst effects in this episode. Every storyline (except Robb for obvious reasons) feels incomplete and it leaves much to be desired. Actually had the same feeling as reading the last 100 pages of Dance. At least with the show we'll know it'll be back again next year. George? idk.....

At first I didn't like the Danny last scene. But then, I rrealized it was probably suposed to be a little odd and out of place. think they are hinting about her big ego and tip of madness. This is another side of Danny that hasn't been shown in the tv show yet

THIS!!!

The more I think about that scene, the creepier it becomes! The way she was laughing at the end with her arms open wide seemed almost a little demented. I love Dany but maybe GRRM really did hint to D&D about what he has planned for her in the future. Very strong Messiah complex vibes. If I think of it in that sense, it's way less cheesy.

In order (spoilers) to have Lady Stoneheart, episode needed the BwB and Beric would need to die for good. That would entail a fairly lengthy set of scenes with first Nymeria finding the corpse, then the BwB riding up.

Maybe they could have chosen that set f scenes instead of the Dany ending but I feel lime it was a better fit in season 4 to do it justice.

THIS!!!

The more I think about that scene, the creepier it becomes! The way she was laughing at the end with her arms open wide seemed almost a little demented. I love Dany but maybe GRRM really did hint to D&D about what he has planned for her in the future. Very strong Messiah complex vibes. If I think of it in that sense, it's way less cheesy.

I would like to think that, but honestly...I think it was just cheesy :(

THIS!!!

Honestly, I didn't see any criticism or hint of insanity to come at all. I saw them as saying that she's the hero of this thing and she'll end up on the throne.

Is a person supposed to look nice after they kill someone?

No, what I meant was she sort of looked like a vampire or ghoul or something. Like they deliberately added some grey face makeup to her character to get this effect. And then she picked up the Braavosi coin....seemed like major foreshadowing.

The Westerosi dick in a box was interesting. I'll have to add that song to my Game of Thrones playlist.

Aside from that, Arya was amazing. Love that adorable little psycho killer. Get 'em all, Arya. Every last one.

I thought there could've been two cliffhangers for this one -- the battle at the Wall and unCat -- but I guess it's not surprising they wanted a more feel good ending after last week.

Dany, the snow white Queen, being lifted onto the hands of a bunch of brown folks was a little facepalm inducing, though. Plus, I thought the acting was those extras was a little stale -- did they not feed them lunch so as to go for a more authentic feel?

good on them for keeping the Rat Cook story.

But Gilly's baby has a name?? Roose Bolton smiling and japing with Walder Frey? Sansa all carefree with Tyrion? idk. Kind of a hot mess. And Cersei would never say Joffrey was a cruel monster or whatever.