[Book Spoilers] EP310 Discussion

Ran

Since Balon didnt die episode 10. He will probably die episode 1 or 2. Joffery will probably die between episode 3 or 4. Tyrion will be in jail by the end of that episode and trial by combat will proably will be 7 or 8. and Tywin and Lyssa will die episode 9 and the Lady Soneheart will be the last thing we see episode 10. But I think we will hear background stories of BwB hanging Freys and Lannister. I think no kingsmoot next seson I think they are gonna wait till season 5 for that, since there are alot of goodies to deal with in Kings Landing, The Wall and the Vale. Balon's brothers probaly wont show up till season 5 also but we will probably get alot of talk about them. They have to introduce the Red Viper and Dorne so they can wait on the main Iron Island story.

Huh? Tywin said the same line in the books.

Yeah, the "insult" of the RW is what happens inside to the nobles/royalty. The Northern army being dismembered is just part of the war, even if they were considered under the guest right.

The ending scene pretty well summarizes why I hate Dany. All it needed was for her to make googly eyes at Daario. And, didn't anybody working on the show think that having a little, pale woman being worshiped by a mob of former, dark-skinned slaves might not be the best thing to put on TV?

Jaime only said one word in the entire episode and he still blew away most the cast. Tywin/Jofferey, Roose/Walder, Jaime, Cersei, and Arya/Hound were good this episode. But, some of the other characters were painful to watch.

I'm really disappointed.

Dany's scene was boring as hell

No coldhands

No LS....I'm so PISSED

Jon's return was terrible. But I did love the ygritte scene.

Why is Yara going to the Dreadfort!

No Jamie and Cersi banging on Joffreys coffin.

Urgh I can't wait for next season.

Just read a pretty interesting article on yahoo about the mainstream reaction to season 3 of GOT, that definitely makes the future of the show look encouraging, or at the very least puts tons of pressure on D&D to deliver in the next couple of seasons in order to keep the non book reading bandwagoners on board. But so far, so good......

Here's the article in case any of you are wondering : http://tv.yahoo.com/...-111527775.html

Edited by Jon Icefyre

I've been waiting to hear from the people who assured us the Purple Wedding would be this year :)

Haha, so have I! Though I do not have much room to talk, because I just KNEW Talisa was a spy. Even after the RW, I was like "Well she could STILL be a spy, maybe they killed her because she fell in love with Robb, or got pregnant with his heir!" I was grasping onto straws. I only gave up when I read David Peterson (the linguist for the show) posted a translation of Talisa's letter she wrote after her romp with Robb. You can find it here:

http://www.dothraki.com/2013/06/mhysa/

Anyways, yeah, S3 PW folks...

I'm really disappointed.

No coldhands

No LS....I'm so PISSED

Oh.. come on... it wash`t that bad!

Dany`s scene IMO showed that she is starting to go a little crazy... Jorahs face said it all. He had "Is she crazy?" written all over his forehead.

LS will show up next season... Let the unssulied viewrs sink in her death and forget about her, and the impact will be a lot bigger.

I agree with you about Jamie and Cersei scene... But there was no Joffrey coffin yet.. so no banging...

And I liked Yara/Asha is going to kick some asses in the Dreadforth! There was about time they show a little of Ironborns bad assess and 0fucks to the rest of westeros.

No Coldhands: You really think they're going to cast someone so they could have 10 seconds in this season? No they'll properly cast the guy and we'll see him in the next season not take a gamble on someone.

No LS: She isn't there in the books, Cat only died 2 seconds ago why bring her back now? Will make it much better when she returns next season.

Although I didn't really enjoy the Danny scene at the end I have this theory they are finishing in certain ways:

S1: Dragons

S2: White walkers

S3: Dragons

S4 will end at the wall somehow

and so on and so forth, a slight nod to the 'Ice and Fire' if you like

Theon destroyed Rodrik's 200 Northerners with 20 Ironborn, so 50 Ironborn could take Dreadfort if the show is consistent.

Rodrick went to retake Torrhen Square with 200 men, he could easily have lost a significant part of that force in there.

Edited by fede989

I'm really disappointed.

No coldhands

No LS....I'm so PISSED

How would Joffrey be dead? The Martells haven't even arrived yet

If anything this episode showed a huge problem they are going to have in the future seasons when more characters arrive, the more viewpoints we get the less time we will get from them (This was the longest episode of the season I believe and it still seemed a bit rushed), unless they have longer episodes or (WHAT I HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR SINCE SEASON 2) 12 episode seasons with a double premier and double finale.

Oh.. come on... it wash`t that bad!

Dany`s scene IMO showed that she is starting to go a little crazy... Jorahs face said it all. He had "Is she crazy?" written all over his forehead.

LS will show up next season... Let the unssulied viewrs sink in her death and forget about her, and the impact will be a lot bigger.

I agree with you about Jamie and Cersei scene... But there was no Joffrey coffin yet.. so no banging...

And I liked Yara/Asha is going to kick some asses in the Dreadforth! There was about time they show a little of Ironborns bad assess and 0fucks to the rest of westeros.

Not bad at all but I was still disappointed. As much as I live for Dany, I was pissed as hell at her scene being the final scene. I couldnt even pay attention cos I was watching the minutes run out and was coming to terms with the fact that there was no LS. LS coming next season will have less impact than if she did now. It will look so contrived.

If Yara actually goes to the dreadfort then I will be happy but I fear she will end up somewhere else like deepwood motte for the story to revert to the books. But if they follow thru with the dreadfort attack, it could be epic.

And I saw no signs of dany starting to go mental nor did I see Jorah display any such concern and nor do I think she is going crazy in the books. That's just a haters wet dream to discredit dany and stan for stannis.

If anything this episode showed a huge problem they are going to have in the future seasons when more characters arrive, the more viewpoints we get the less time we will get from them (This was the longest episode of the season I believe and it still seemed a bit rushed), unless they have longer episodes or (WHAT I HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR SINCE SEASON 2) 12 episode seasons with a double premier and double finale.

Well no not necessarily, yes new characters get added but a few character's/storylines are also getting taken away in the near future. The entire Robb Stark king of the North arc is now gone, the Jon/Ygritte storyline will soon be finished,Tywin, Joffrey, and Shae will also be gone soon along with a few others here and there. HBO will find a way to make it work....

Edited by Jon Icefyre

Loved it, but am disappointed we didn't get the purple wedding. That event would have wrapped up the events at Kings landing nicely.

All season they are talking about the wedding, they showed us the inside of the Sept of Baelor, and they really played up Joffrey's cruelty. The PW would have made so much sense. the Martells would not have been there, but they didn't have much to do or say up to that point anyway, other than the awesome conversation between Oberyn and Tyrion when the Martells arrive. Garland had some nice lines at the wedding that I would have missed, but they were fairly inconsequential. Everything was pretty well set up and the characters were in place for the PW.

Now we have Jaime back in King's Landing prior to the PW, which will feel really weird. I imagine the show writers will find something awesome for him to do. They will probably play up how Jaime's grief over the death of his son. In the books when Jaime learns of Joffrey's death he totally blows it off, thinking to himself: "I have another son, and I can always make more with Cercei." My guess is that the show will change his reaction dramatically. Now that I think of it, getting Jaime to the PW is probably the main reason the show writers delayed that event. I'm fine with it I guess. I have actually like many of the changes in the show better than the book anyway.

Do you guys think that they will let Tyrion strangle Shae next season or have her die another way?

Strangle! Strangle! Strangle! LOL

I've seen a few posts that thought the Shae/Varys scene was pointless or out of character. But especially since I think Varys is Symon Silver Tongue, I think this scene makes perfect sense and is indeed setting up the golden handed end of Shae.