[Book Spoilers] EP310 Discussion

Ran

• 1 month later...

I really think it’s too early to call the whole “Tyrion killing Shae” situation. Book Shae and TV Show Shae may be different people, but I still think the trial will be a huge catalyst/determining factor for that relationship. We should be getting more of an idea as to which direction the writers will go when Tyrion is imprisoned. Will Shae visit him? I think that will be our biggest clue.

We also should not underestimate the power of manipulation. Varys was not able to buy off Shae with money, but there are other ways to turn her. They could very easily use Cersei to plan the seed of doubt within Shae’s head, who can be very persuasive. They could use Tywin to this aim as well.

Or maybe they will surprise us all and Shae will turn out to be the gold digging whore we all know her to be in the books and someone will come along with a better offer than Varys.

Whatever they choose to do, I’m going to give D&D the benefit of the doubt on this one until I'm proven otherwise. I feel like that moment in the book is very important for Tyrion’s character, and I personally think the TV audience will be able to handle it. Breaking Bad has shown us that TV audiences are okay with gradual descents into moral darkness. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. It won't make or break the show for me.

On the Jaime/Brienne front: that’s certainly a nice little mystery we can look forward to next season. I imagine Brienne won’t have much time to really do anything with Sansa if the PW is happening as soon as we think it is, but who knows?

Edited by ohpooratlas

Or maybe they will surprise us all and Shae will turn out to be the gold digging whore we all know her to be in the books and someone will come along with a better offer than Varys.

Yeah...I don't like TV Shae. They try to make her out to be some sly worldly person. I always thought she was more of the bubbly type. I hope Tyrion kills her. I was happy when they killed off Ros.