How would you rate episode 310?

Ran

How would you rate episode 310?  

1,120 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

JEESUZZZZ

Stoneheart appears in the epilogue of the book, what the hell? That's freaking atleast 400 pages after Cat's death, of course they won't freaking put Stoneheart an EPISODE after Cat's death, the continuity in that does NOT MAKE SENSE.

The book worms are hilarious these days.

This season is still the first half of the book. There is no correct continuity not so ever to see her dead in one episode, and oofty doofty she's alive the next. Let the death sink in, jesus. This episode is setting up the next season, let it be.

Does it make sense for Cats body to appear floating up in a river at the end of next season? The Stoneheart epilogue happens at the end of the book, yes, but her creation happens three days after the Red Wedding. S having her come back to life, in terms of continuity, in this episode makes perfect sense. Considering we had a raven fly from Castle Black to Dragonstone in the matter of a few scenes.

Does it make sense for Cats body to appear floating up in a river at the end of next season? The Stoneheart epilogue happens at the end of the book, yes, but her creation happens three days after the Red Wedding. S having her come back to life, in terms of continuity, in this episode makes perfect sense. Considering we had a raven fly from Castle Black to Dragonstone in the matter of a few scenes.

/Blackfish

done.

Gave it an 8. Arya doing the thing with the coin made me SO happy you have no idea straight from books when she left harrenhal and then her stabbity stab stab like for polliver! and THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT SEWING THE HEAD ONTO ROBBS BODY!!!

I agree that Dany's part was a little weak. I was thinking something else would happen, ya know? but loved the dragonstone stuff with gendry and shireen with davos! <3 And the added scene with Ygritte and jon was so sad but he totally got arrowed didnt he! love him talking to pyp and SAM! (reminded me of LOTR lol) and Sam with gilly and Maester Aemon was wonderful! <3

Could have done without the varys/shae

I fully enjoyed "WHAT IS YOUR NAME!?" "Reek T__T"

It was awesome. Screw you guys who dont appreciate the transformation!

I'm glad i finally got to see Asha/Yara and Balon. I've been wondering where the Ironborn been at.

But yea, not as good as Rains, but pretty good on its own.

Huh, I guess I'm the odd one out. I really enjoyed the episode and gave it a 9. Every season so far the exciting episode, the climax, is the premultiate episode, and then the final episode of the season is set up for next. They did it that way in season 1 and 2, so I'm puzzled why anyone thought it would different this season. As for the set up for season 4, I thought they did that very well moving the pieces into place, and I enjoyed it. Perhaps they could have found a more exciting note to end it on than Dany's Mhysa scene, but I guess I didn't find it as stupid and cheesy as others did.

The one scene that made me cringe was the Jon/Ygritte scene. I like that Ygritte shot him since that was in the book but the dialogue between them wasn't that good. I wish Ygritte had shot at him while he was fleeing the way it happened in the book. Other than that, the rest worked for me. I am intrigued by the change in Theon's storyline with Yara going after Theon. My guess is Balon will be killed and Asha will be forced to return home after her rescue attempt for Theon is thwarted.

I believe it was intended to make Shae presume Tyrion wanted her to go, and couldn't tell her himself. Now there's a bigger rift between them? That's what I would asssuuummmeeee.

^ This, obviously. Shae's final line to Varys tells us that. This is obviously to set up strife between the two for you-know-what next season. If I had to guess, I bet that was Varys's intention by trying to bribe her in the first place.

I'm also surprised that people automatically assume "bad writing" or whatever EVERY SINGLE TIME the point of a scene isn't completely spelled out. Hello, have you people been reading the books? D&D are trying to confuse us, much the same way GRRM does.

Take, for example, the burning of Winterfell last season. D&D obviously wanted the audience to wonder who burnt Winterfell and why.

The best episode of the entire series.

The Young Wolf, Tyrion’s conversation with his father, and for that matter King Joff’s convo as well, Reek, Reek, it rhymes with meek, Jon getting shot up with arrows, The Rat Cook, Ser Davos and every prefect moment he was on screen, the look on Cersei’s face when Jamie walked through the door, the look on Sansa’s face when she was looking out the window, Shea the funny whore didn’t suck the life from her scene for once, Arya’s amazing revenge, King Stannis acting like King Stannis, and one of my faroite moments in all of the books…Mhysa. I almost cried.

Y'all are entitled to nit-pick everything you want, but no cold hands doesn't bring a 10 to a 5. Get out and get some sun, and try not to complain for 15 whole minutes. And why would LS come? She's in the epilogue.

You can't give this episode a 10 because last episode was a 10, if there was an option for a 9.5 you could give it that. And no, this episode wasn't on par with last episode - even when we know what episode 9 means for this series.

I liked it overall.

The Dany stuff felt very out of sync with the rest of the episode and I could have done without the Ramsey eating the sausage and the rest of his penis joke monologue.

No Lady Stoneheart is a disappointment, it won't make sense to do it next season, the audience wants to get some kind of sense of Stark hope NOW.

JEESUZZZZ

Stoneheart appears in the epilogue of the book, what the hell? That's freaking atleast 400 pages after Cat's death, of course they won't freaking put Stoneheart an EPISODE after Cat's death, the continuity in that does NOT MAKE SENSE.

The book worms are hilarious these days.

This season is still the first half of the book. There is no correct continuity not so ever to see her dead in one episode, and oofty doofty she's alive the next. Let the death sink in, jesus. This episode is setting up the next season, let it be.

Do you understand the definition of "continuity?" LS would have fit perfectly with the timeline from EP 9 to EP 10. Perhaps not the actual SOS epilogue verbatim; but again, the timeline in the books has not been adhered to stringently anyways.

At any rate, ending it on Dany was ridiculous given her borderline campy storyline this season. Underwhelming.

All of the Yunkai scenes from last episode should've been in this one. They were out of place last episode and would've given this one a little more excitement. Varys/Shae was a complete waste of screen time. Jon's "I have to go home" was really cheesy. Bran's scenes were well done. Twyin, Roose, and Walder were excellent. The Ramsay reveal and "Reek" naming were both done pretty well. I enjoyed the Dragonstone scenes but I don't love how Stannis is portrayed. Balon Greyjoy probably should've died, as that would've made the Gendry sacrifice business seem much more important and also hint at Joffrey's death. Dany's last scene was rather ridiculous and quite a weak way to end the season, but it would have had much more of an impact had the Yunkai battle scenes been in this episode and perhaps fleshed out a bit more.

Overall, it was basically teaser trailer for S4, but had good amount of positives in spite of the lack of action and plot development. I give it a 7/10. Solid episode, but one of the weakest of the season.

I liked it overall.

The Dany stuff felt very out of sync with the rest of the episode and I could have done without the Ramsey eating the sausage and the rest of his penis joke monologue.

No Lady Stoneheart is a disappointment, it won't make sense to do it next season, the audience wants to get some kind of sense of Stark hope NOW.

Uhm, Jon Snow (they still probably think he is) just met with Samwell.

Bran is doing shit for the realm.

Rickon is going to grow up angry as hell.

Arya is going to be a killer.

Sansa is just crying.

I think they have Arya, Jon, and Ban to follow.

Do you understand the definition of "continuity?" LS would have fit perfectly with the timeline from EP 9 to EP 10. Perhaps not the actual SOS epilogue verbatim; but again, the timeline in the books has not been adhered to stringently anyways.

At any rate, ending it on Dany was ridiculous given her borderline campy storyline this season. Underwhelming.

Too bad Dany is kind of the fan favourite aside from Tyrion, deal with it.

And her scenes are campy?

Nah, it's not. You have grudges against her in the book and it is automatically transferred to the series. Deal with it.

There was never a moment where a character dies, and comes back the next episode in any TV show. The thing is, you have to let something like the RW set loose for a while man. It will take away the epicness of it to have Cat come back the next episode.

Edited by RalnsofCastamere

Wow that was, that was??? I don't really know what that was. I am indifferent to the episode. The double Messiah imagery of Jon and Dany, that ending music was like a bad youtube clip. No LS, no Coldhands, Yiggy shoots Jon this week so they could have a nice little talk instead of last week.

Sam would never let those kids go North if Coldhands was not there, that made no sense. Please, please, please. Ok children go face an Army of death, it was like watching South Park "Ok children" go ahead ahead and jump into death here is a Obsidian Dagger.

It was basically all setup, and nothing really intresting going on, it felt flat. I give it a 5 and feel I am being generous. Gendry in a row boat crossign the Narrow sea with a small bag of food and water. Not even a sail, he has to Row and he is suppose to Row day and night, you know what happens when you stop rowing? The current takes you. Just like 500 miles of rowing in open water.

I thought Davos was good, Ram is a bit of a Goof and is more of an angry evil Hobbit than the Sociopathic monster we have come to know and love.

Two thumbs up for an Aemon sitting, no Bree and a certain someone confrontation. The hwole thing just felt blah.

I gave it a 7.. All in all it was a pretty well-written episode but it seems like some of the dialogues went on with out accomplishing much..

Arya was great. The Ramsay reveal was very well done and I really liked the Pyke scene (could this be what occupies the Bolton's next season? Would be a cool storyline)

Joffrey/Tywin great as usual.

I enjoyed how they handled the events at Dragonstone - they got a lot accomplished very fast but it was done concisely so even my unsullied friends could follow.

Cersei/Tyrion convo was kinda meh.. they've had this conversation before and I though it would at LEAST have her mention Joffrey offering Loras a place in the Kingsguard to spite Tywin (since she started out by saying she wouldn't be marrying him yet didn't explain that at all)

Jaime's return was hella ambiguous.. It should've been left until next season imo.

And the ending... the only thing that could've made that more cheesy is if One DIrection was playing when Dany started crowdsurfing - even my friends who are super casual and love Daenerys thought it was kind of a dull ending.

Good television and a nice episode but it could've easily been about 7-9 minutes shorter. A big plus was they gave the book readers a lot of shouts which was cool.

Edited by Daenerys Must Die