How would you rate episode 310?

Ran

How would you rate episode 310?  

1,120 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

DarkANdFullOfTurnips, if you have an objection about what I wrote there about storytelling, rather than swearing, I'd like to hear it. I guess talking about something for the whole season and not giving it is a good kind of storytelling for you... well enjoy it then...

It needed to be brought up this season for Marg/Sansa to work, and to avoid it coming out of the blue early next season (Oberyn, Mace Tyrell) but it couldn't possibly be done this year since it would've been extremely rushed and void of important characters that need to be there.

Good grief, there was nothing racist about Dany's final scene. It was stupid for lots of reasons, but not racism.

I am not intimately familiar with slavery in ASOIAF, but from what I remember the people upon whom the Dothraki and other slave-trading warlords prey (e.g. the Lhazareen) are darker-skinned. In general, Essos is more Near-Eastern/Mediterannean in its roots than the Northern-European of Westeros.

Some people are so politically correct they see "racism" or some "ism" everywhere.

At the very least, the "climax" of her taking Yunkai was anticlimactic, because we know they're not going to kill her, or fight a massive battle with 2 minutes left in the show. She can't die yet. Who else are we going to watch at this point? Ser Jorah's Journey? The adventures of Drogon the dragon? Missandei's Misadventures?

Having her crowdsurf was just silly. Looked like she was at a Motley Crue concert.

I don't think the producers said, "Let's have these poor brown people carry this white savior while chanting something that sounds like 'Messiah'", but the imagery was there. It looked very patronizing.

Edited by WinterisAlwaysComing

Easy. The Worst episode I have seen. The writers must have decided the book wasn't good enough. So they changed a few things, cut shit out, did a rewrite. Now Shay is looking like a hero and more likeable than Stannis. Deciding to exceute dudes at the drop of a hat. Mel saying go save the wall. "Yes Mastah". I say it again: Mel's slave. To an average viewer of GOT I don't think they can respect him.

About John Snow: John Snow looked weak, crying like a ho. I couldn't believe that shit, I literally laughed. Pathetic and I know that shit wasn't in the book.

This shit is wild. They have decided they can do whatever they want, readers can go to hell. Surprised they didn't make Rob beg for his life last week end.

DarkANdFullOfTurnips, if you have an objection about what I wrote there about storytelling, rather than swearing, I'd like to hear it. I guess talking about something for the whole season and not giving it is a good kind of storytelling for you... well enjoy it then...

Well if you take into account that Book 3 is being split over 2 seasons, there's no need to have a massive climax in this episode, especially since we just had the Red Wedding.

I really enjoyed it, it gave me some great examples of what I love about this show which is the interaction between characters. The opening scene was a gut punch, wow, it had my heart breaking for poor Arya. And Walder Frey eating and howling while they cleaned up the blood, he is the worst ... the worst.

I like the change ups, especially Yara/Asha. I am not sure why but I was really moved by her character standing up to Balon and heading off to rescue her little brother.

I also like the way The Hound and Arya's relationship is less confrontational than in the books. I would like to see them together for a while longer.

Much has been made of the final scene and the colonial implications but I simply think it was a matter of hiring local extras (don't they film in Morrocco?) for a scene that called for a large crowd. I can imagine local actors wouldn't be too hot about getting passed over for whiter looking foreigners. A gig is a gig you know?

Anyway, great episode, they wrapped things up nicely and paved the way for Season 4.

I give it a 9 out of 10.

Much has been made of the final scene and the colonial implications but I simply think it was a matter of hiring local extras (don't they film in Morrocco?) for a scene that called for a large crowd. I can imagine local actors wouldn't be too hot about getting passed over for whiter looking foreigners. A gig is a gig you know?

Bingo

It was solid. Loved the Tywin-Joffrey-Tyrion- scene, right from the book. Had hoped they would NOT show the wolfs head cause they thought made me queasy, as reading about it in the books did. (But when they decided to show it, why could`nt they show the wolfman in danys foreshadowing last season?? argh) Bit suprised they didn`t show the black gate, but I guess they meant it was too "Narnia", and my Unsullied girlfriend agreed to that. Think Coldhands should have been here though. Can`t understand why so many expected LS to show up. You need some time to digest her death, before having her pop back up again. People who were shocked, and are in grief after RW, would not see it as redeeming to have a hateful zombie Cat resurrection. They would think it inappropriate and f***d up, I always thought that bit was a bit borderline myself. Anyway , better to let it lie now, and have a great shocker in S4. The ending WAS a bit too Avatar/Disney, but I understand, they want to end with a positive, grandiose, feelgood scene, after last episode. In all, this was the best season, and GOD, if they do things right, s4 might top it!

What .more wine. said. How bad would that have looked? I liked the finale, as I said, but the ending of that chapter in ASoS is more effective without the overblown Hans Zimmer type scoring and Dany's rockstar routine in the moshpit. The only reason they made that scene so overdone was to throw non-readers a bone who were put off by the bleakness at the end of episode 9.

The worst bit, by a mile, was Kit Harrington impersonating Mel Gibson in Braveheart just before he gets shot by Ygritte, but that might have been the writer's and director's fault as much as anything else.

Edited by The Killer Snark

First, while watching this episode, I thought it was a nice setup episode and a good wrap-up. But as the episode went on, I simply couldn't feel good about it. My biggest problem with it, is with Stannis (he is completely different as compared to book Stannis) and the Arya scene frightens me, that we won't see an epic scene at certain inn... And my god, what is the point with Shae scene if she refuses to go away. I really have no idea what will they do with her storyline... It was a pretty good television, so from that point a give it an 8, as from the wasted potential concerning books, I gave it a 2, so it sadly comes down to 4...

I cannot understand why you and many others are screaming for PW this season. In the books it was in the second part of ASOS, well after RW. Do you really think they should cram in such a major event, in the next episode after that massacre? Is that good storytelling? No, let the show breathe, let it sink in, and let people wait a bit for their sweet vengeance. Plus, we have learned, that in GOT they have the big event in ep 9, and more of a setup in the last episode, so what`s the suprise. And that it`s talked about all season, so what? So it was in the books. Is it something that is in the true spirit of GRRM, its draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagging things out, before hitting you smack in the face.

I cannot understand why you and many others are screaming for PW this season. In the books it was in the second part of ASOS, well after RW. Do you really think they should cram in such a major event, in the next episode after that massacre? Is that good storytelling? No, let the show breathe, let it sink in, and let people wait a bit for their sweet vengeance. Plus, we have learned, that in GOT they have the big event in ep 9, and more of a setup in the last episode, so what`s the suprise. And that it`s talked about all season, so what? So it was in the books. Is it something that is in the true spirit of GRRM, its draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagging things out, before hitting you smack in the face.

Are you aware that there are only 127 pages in the books betwwen Rw's end and Pw's end? Generally if you look close enough until now the show is on 150 pages per episode... and when you talk about the wedding in all episodes of the season, when you show the scene with the leeches for 3 people, you need to close it. Otherwise : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chekhov's_gun

Geez everyone hates the crowd surf. Yes it was cheesy. But it also lasted a second and then she's hoisted on a pair of shoulders. I don't see anything wrong with the latter.

Agreed.

The SUPER heavy-handed exposition between Stannis/Mel/Davos was the real let down for me. D & D set things up so poorly that the impending threat, fate of the land and Stannis' involvement had to be wrapped up in this awkward moment. It could have been handled much better in a number of ways.

Actually, it was the worst moment in the series, IMHumbleO.

Edited by Jon Black

Since BG is still around when he's not in the book (his end prefacing the RW), the PW will most likely happen, as it should, about four episodes into season 4. Maybe less, though, even though Oberyn has not been introduced yet. I'd say three. You need at least some space to introduce the Martells. You need some space afterwards to develop things after the PW.

Edited by The Killer Snark

Are you aware that there are only 127 pages in the books betwwen Rw's end and Pw's end? Generally if you look close enough until now the show is on 150 pages per episode... and when you talk about the wedding in all episodes of the season, when you show the scene with the leeches for 3 people, you need to close it. Otherwise : http://en.wikipedia....i/Chekhov's_gun

The PW was just not gonna happen. I hate to be cliche, but TV is just a different medium. Period.