[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

teemo

Hey I'm just saying from what I've read. I didn't say anything about any sort of statements that you or anyone else post. I know I never said that statement even though I have my gripes with the show. Its kind of funny you take my rather innocent comment out of text when all I said was that the rudest people I've seen on the site happen to be those who adamantly defend the show and won't admit it had faults. (And I even said that obviously not all show apologists are like that.)

The problem so-called show "apologists" have with 'book purists' isn't that they dislike the show. It's that they constantly question the intelligence and taste of those who don't take a similar stance against changes from the books. If that isn't rude, I don't know what is. And I don't think anyone on this site believes the show is perfect, though I'm sure more than a handful truly believe that the books are. What's really obnoxious is that you act as if they aren't just as antagonistic, or act as if they don't 'act like they're better'. I'll call bullshit on that, as well.

The problem so-called show "apologists" have with 'book purists' isn't that they dislike the show. It's that they constantly question the intelligence and taste of those who don't take a similar stance against changes from the books. If that isn't rude, I don't know what is. And I don't think anyone on this site believes the show is perfect, though I'm sure more than a handful truly believe that the books are. What's really obnoxious is that you act as if they aren't just as antagonistic, or act as if they don't 'act like they're better'. I'll call bullshit on that, as well.

The fact people take things so out of context on this site is mind boggling as well as hilarious to me. The fact that I said from what I've seen show apologists are the rudest people on this site. I said nothing about what problems people have with someone of the opposite opinion. Nor did I say those who have issues with the show can't be rude. I never said anything about either being perfect or that I think either are. So thank you for the completely ridiculous and out of context response.

They are being rude by even posting in this thread. It's supposed to be a thread to criticize the show without the defenders and apologists whining that you offended them by exposing the faults of their sacred cow. Nitpick....without...repercussion. There are literally hundreds of threads to praise the show or discuss individual sequences and debate them.

Go visit the "D&D Appreciation Thread" over in general, and get back to me.

The fact people take things so out of context on this site is mind boggling as well as hilarious to me. The fact that I said from what I've seen show apologists are the rudest people on this site. I said nothing about what problems people have with someone of the opposite opinion. Nor did I say those who have issues with the show can't be rude. I never said anything about either being perfect or that I think either are. So thank you for the completely ridiculous and out of context response.

Out of context? I responded directly to what you posted. How is that out of context, whether it was directed at me or not?

Out of context? I responded directly to what you posted. How is that out of context, whether it was directed at me or not?

Because your implying I said all these things that I didn't. Like trying to tell me I said those who have gripes with the show can't be rude. Obviously anyone can be rude. I know it's not one specific group. I even said in my post not all show apologist are like that, just that some of the rudest people I've seen on the site happen to fall into that category. So telling me I said that, as well as throwing all this stuff at me, like, about perfect when I said nothing about thinking anyone thought either was perfect. Seems like your putting words in my mouth. It was a simple statement and not meant to start some huge ass argument with anyone.

Because your implying I said all these things that I didn't. Like trying to tell me I said those who have gripes with the show can't be rude. Obviously anyone can be rude. I know it's not one specific group. I even said in my post not all show apologist are like that, just that some of the rudest people I've seen on the site happen to fall into that category. So telling me I said that, as well as throwing all this stuff at me, like, about perfect when I said nothing about thinking anyone thought either was perfect. Seems like your putting words in my mouth. It was a simple statement and not meant to start some huge ass argument with anyone.

You implied them yourself...

It's always so amusing reading debates. Particularly show apologists. They think there better than everyone else and act very rude. Not to mention the fact they completely ignore points other people put in front of them lol.

(Not that all are like that. But some of the rudest people I've seen on the forums have been people that so viciously defend the show.)

Hey I'm just saying from what I've read. I didn't say anything about any sort of statements that you or anyone else post. I know I never said that statement even though I have my gripes with the show. Its kind of funny you take my rather innocent comment out of text when all I said was that the rudest people I've seen on the site happen to be those who adamantly defend the show and won't admit it had faults. (And I even said that obviously not all show apologists are like that.)

All I'll say is all shows seem to be like that not just GoT. Tv nowadays seem to think people are stupid and have to dumb everything down. I do think a lot in the show is simplified compared to the books but I wouldn't expect any less considering the world we live in and how most media is like that.

Sounds to me like you just popped in to stir shit up, got called on it, and have decided to play the victim.

Shit, we've been exposed. Better retreat to our elitist caves, fellow show apologists! Because as everyone knows, it's the show apologists that make statements such as "Game of Thrones is made for the lowest common denominator".

Man, why you keep fighting battles for other people? Is that New Zealand thing? The consequence of you standing upside-down all the time? (Kidding, sorry.)

I mean, you’re a show-lover, not a show-apologist. “Khal-a-bunga” is a perfect example of a show-apologist, with his lack of manners and patience and style. You are nothing of a sort (even if you don't realize - sorry, can't help it - that the show is indeed "made for the lowest common denominator"). We rarely agree, but I like debating with you.

You implied them yourself...

Sounds to me like you just popped in to stir shit up, got called on it, and have decided to play the victim.

It's funny you quoted that top line because that was in response to someone saying about GoT appealing to the lowest denominator or something to that affect. That's what I was referring to about the mention of statements, not in any way was it referring to my own comment. Please check your facts before deciding to quote someone only to prove my point that you try to make it look like your better by twisting around what someone says so it looks like your right.

So yes some of what you had responded to me on the previous responses was taking what I said out of context. Thanks. I'm done talking with you as your posts are always ridiculous and you ignore points, twist things around, and say a bunch of crap to make it look like your right. I don't like stuck up people like that which is why I tend to avoid those sorts of people as well as the rude ones I've seen on this site. So take this as you will I don't care. Don't blame me because you decided to get butt hurt and take it personal when it was a simple post that wasn't actually directed to anyone, your the one who quoted me getting all defensive.

Man, why you keep fighting battles for other people? Is that New Zealand thing? The consequence of you standing upside-down all the time? (Kidding, sorry.)

I mean, you’re a show-lover, not a show-apologist. “Khal-a-bunga” is a perfect example of a show-apologist, with his lack of manners and patience and style. You are nothing of a sort (even if you don't realize - sorry, can't help it - that the show is indeed "made for the lowest common denominator"). We rarely agree, but I like debating with you.

I agree with this. I've never had problems with Pinkie even if we don't agree on things about the show. But people just love ripping about posts and making it more than it actually is. It wasn't meant to be an insult to any direct person or say that all people who defend the show are rude, or anything of that sort. I've come to notice though that people will start an argument over anything on this site so I'm not surprised by the responses I got to my comment.

The problem so-called show "apologists" have with 'book purists' isn't that they dislike the show. It's that they constantly question the intelligence and taste of those who don't take a similar stance against changes from the books.

What I like to question constantly is the creativity of D&D. Just like other posters accused of “purism” seem to. It’s only your reading into it, if you feel so threatened by it that you think your intelligence is being questioned. Even their intelligence isn’t questioned, but you feel yours is? How’s that for insecurity! (And that kind of insecurity goes a long way in explaining your general rudeness; also, in explaining the fact that you often run away from debate you stormed into with insults and accusations.)

Just look this latest discussion of ours. I only kept asking questions, and explanations, and examples. Sometimes ironically, but more often straight-forward. On the other hand, you kept answering with one petty insult after another. Just read it again, and you’ll see who’s been antagonistic.

And, do point any post in which I questioned the intelligence of anyone here. I’ll wait!

P.S. What's wrong with questioning other people's tastes? Isn't that, like, the point of forums like this one?!

I agree with this. I've never had problems with Pinkie even if we don't agree on things about the show. But people just love ripping about posts and making it more than it actually is. It wasn't meant to be an insult to any direct person or say that all people who defend the show are rude, or anything of that sort. I've come to notice though that people will start an argument over anything on this site so I'm not surprised by the responses I got to my comment.

I blame it on show-apologists. They have a way of spreading their insecurity to others.

Winter In My Heart,

What time zone you're in? I really, really have to go to sleep now, and I'll sleep much better if I know someone will stay here and defend us against show-apologia.

Winter In My Heart,

What time zone you're in? I really, really have to go to sleep now, and I'll sleep much better if I know someone will stay here and defend us against show-apologia.

EST but I probably won't stay on much longer. I just come on sometimes to read others opinions. It's become tedious arguing with people who debate in illogical ways lol.

EST but I probably won't stay on much longer. I just come on sometimes to read others opinions. It's become tedious arguing with people who debate in illogical ways lol.

Nevertheless, thanks for support. If I save my job today, it's going to be partially because you made it possible for me to finally go to sleep.

Archived