[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

espec22

My unsullied boyfriend and family were horrified at Robbwind.

They love Arya, they like the dark side.

Two of them think Tywin is pretty awesome, in an evil way I guess.

I pointed out to my boyfriend that Dany's scene looked like a giant zombie horde and he thought it was hilarious. A family member thought that part was stupid.

They hate Stannis and Mel because of the leach- it's to blame for Robb's death, apparently? I really hate what the shows doing with Stannis, he'll have no support from the unsullied.

I think the RobbWind scene was allot more disturbing/upsetting for book readers. Personally, I found it more gut wrenching than the RW scene but the unsullied don't seem too bothered by it- probably would have been better if they had shown what happened to Cat and Talisa's bodies too.

And of course, they love Dany and believe she will be the one to avenge the Starks despite me telling them she hates the Starks....they won't hear anything negative when it comes to Dany- or Tyrion for that matter.

My Unsullied friends and S.O. thought crowd-surfing Dany was horrible. It also took them a second to understand that RobbWind wasn't just Grey Wind's head impaled on a spike. Bit dark and blurry, I suppose (and I don't mean just in the psychological sense). Once they got it, they were totally grossed out.

My S.O. and his best friend are big fans of Tywin's and his scathing wit. I'm sure they'll be disappointed when

Tywin gets offed on the shitter.

They hate Stannis and Mel because of the leach- it's to blame for Robb's death, apparently? I really hate what the shows doing with Stannis, he'll have no support from the unsullied.

I think the RobbWind scene was allot more disturbing/upsetting for book readers. Personally, I found it more gut wrenching than the RW scene but the unsullied don't seem too bothered by it- probably would have been better if they had shown what happened to Cat and Talisa's bodies too.

And of course, they love Dany and believe she will be the one to avenge the Starks despite me telling them she hates the Starks....they won't hear anything negative when it comes to Dany- or Tyrion for that matter.

Not quite true. My friend thinks Stannis is a "good man" thanks to the scenes we had with him where Mel was not present. The problem is not the leeches, which was also in the books, but the way they make him being so manipulated by Mel. In the books, he always gave the impression of being capable to defy her. Maybe, they will still develop that side of Stannis in future events. I do not believe that he is in a point of no return. I mean, once you decide to adapt a story as complicated as ASOIF to a TV show with only 10 fifty min episodes per season, you have to accept the fact that they will simplify every character. While in the books multiple dimensions are explored, in the show they have to focus on some aspects of the character. And, let us be honest, Stannis was manipulated by Mel very often in the books.

My sister just said 'good episode'. From what I gathered at TV viewers' site, many liked the episode generally, but didn't like the last scene. Not exciting enough for finale. Some one wrote this, i thought it was so funny (and accurate):

Season 1 end: OH MY GOD, LOOK - DRAGONS!!

Season 2 end: OH MY GOD LOOK - ARMY OF ICE ZOMBIES!!

Seasin 3 end: Slaves happy to be free, smiles all around.

Most Unsullied I know call her Khaleesi. I hope with Missandei pronouncing her names and titles every time she gets a visitor, they might learn her real name.

My unsullied wife liked the finale. She thought it was a nice wrap-up of the season events, and she was specially happy to see nobody died this time after the RW. She was really scared when Ygritte shot Jon though! :lol:

- She is devoted to Dany (she also calls her Khaleesi), so she even cried during the last scene. She keeps fearing for her life, I told her already that she will be fine at least for some time

- She loved Bran's Rat Cook story. She immediately thought about Walder Frey breaking the guest rights to the Starks, and now she is sure the Freys will suffer....

- She is sure Joffrey will die (I think she picked up the leeches names but did not care about Balon, only Joff hahaha)

- Completely delighted about Arya and Hound, that couple

- Really enjoys KL scenes, and the Lannister family business

- Surprised that she guessed Jon will become Lord Commander

I'm more surprised at the fact that your friend thought they were conceiving when they were having anal sex.

Is this guy serious?

Sex from behind = anal apparently

I guess so! Have I been putting it in the wrong place all along?

Robbwind left my mom 'devastated and so sad'. She took the Red Wedding with surprising stoicism, but she was shocked by the image (and Arya witnessing it) and says she doesn't want to watch that part again. She now thinks Bran is going to be the hero. Also I was kind of surprised when she asked me what happened with Arya's wolf and if she's ever going to meet Nymeria again. She thinks 'she has to' and then go to kill the Freys. Doesn't even suspect

about Cat being resurrected. Another friend though, considers it as an obvious development since 'we got to meet Beric Dondarrion's six resurrections for a reason'

My boyfriend is convinced that Arya is going to avenge her family by killing pretty much everyone (especially the Freys) lol. He also love the Hound/Arya dynamic and is excited to see where it goes next season.

Like the rest of my non-reader friends, he loves Dany (I actually understand the Dany love amongst the viewers, because I loved her too throughout SoS, especially at this point). He is convinced, however, that Dany is going to get her ships ASAP, invade Westeros, and save it from the White Walkers. I think viewers will become disillusioned very quickly...

Yeah, my unsullied friend liked Arya/Hound very much; but he liked Arya with pretty much everyone. He says that her storyline is built like that on purpose: she is forced to "partner up" with many different men, from all of whom she could learn something. Syrio Forel, Jaqen, the BwB, the Hound... They are all great killers/warriors, so he is sure Arya will pick up a bit of each one and become a high-class killer/warrior herself.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband thinks Cercei will have Joffrey killed because she can't control him anymore. :lmao:

However he also predicts a long and epic fight between Castle Black and the Wildlings and that the Wildlings will eventually join the NW against the Others.

• 2 weeks later...

My unsullied friend asked when Stannis was going to get his own dragons like "the albino girl" did and was he going to join "the old dragon priest guy" (she meant Maester Aemon Targaryen). She's been keeping track of "the dragon people" and remembered someone mentioning that Robert, Stannis and Renly were part Targaryen. But she only remembers Stannis's name?!?

I blame Liam Cunningham for being too cute as Davos :cool4: and "Stannissing" everywhere

The other day I was discussing the show with my unsullied friend and another girl whom I thought was also a non-reader. She was defending Jon Snow, opposite to my friend who hates him for leaving Ygritte, but soon after that I found out that she had read the books up to the point where the TV show is right now -.-' It was a big disappointment, I thought I'd finally found an unsullied who didn't hate Jon after the Ygritte thing.

Are all your unsullied friends/family also thinking the same?

• 3 weeks later...

A unsullied friend who has watched only season one so far ist totally convinced that Dany will join the war in Westeros at least midway season 2. Oh my sweet summerchild what will you say about Meeren?

A other friend has spoiled himself in the internet. It is still quite funny too discuss these things with him because he read that Jon Snow will kill one of Dany's dragons.

Archived