davos seaworth

MadFox

George can kill off as many Starks as he likes but if he touches my Davos I`ll have his head on a spike with an onion in his mouth.

In all seriousness though, Davos is one of the better characters. He`s Ned, but not as near so much a fool as Ned was. Davos has it in him to survive. He bloody well better.

(He`s also clearly Azor Ahai)

Either Stannis and Davos both live or they both die. They are an unbelievable team and both need each other to function properly as rulers. Without Stannis, Davos is just another Ned Stark who will die at the hands of his own honour and morals (yeah yeah I know he was a smuggler, but he's obviously a different man now). Without Davos, Stannis is unintentionally another version of the Mad King, who goes too far with "spreading his justice" and with his unethical decisions.

That all being said, Davos is probably my favourite POV character, the guy is an absolute legend.

Either Stannis and Davos both live or they both die. They are an unbelievable team and both need each other to function properly as rulers. Without Stannis, Davos is just another Ned Stark who will die at the hands of his own honour and morals (yeah yeah I know he was a smuggler, but he's obviously a different man now). Without Davos, Stannis is unintentionally another version of the Mad King, who goes too far with "spreading his justice" and with his unethical decisions.

That all being said, Davos is probably my favourite POV character, the guy is an absolute legend.

Actually, I think Stannis will die but Davos won't. He could find it in himself to serve another king if he proves to be about as just or more than Stannis. I think after Stannis dies, and R+L=J is revealed, Davos will be one of Jon's advisers.

Davos will be Jon's Hand

Davos wears gloves to hide his disfigured left hand while Jon wears gloves to cover his disfigured right hand. This could point to them working together, the King and his Hand.

Davos wears gloves to hide his disfigured left hand while Jon wears gloves to cover his disfigured right hand. This could point to them working together, the King and his Hand.

This Ser, is one hell of a catch! Awesome :bowdown:

GRRM killed Ned, he can't kill Ned-Lite.

I see Davos as an Odysseus sort of character, so I think he'll make it home after a long journey.

Calling Davos Ned-Lite :rofl:

Davos' chapters in ADWD finish rather early in the book, so I am hoping that when TWOW starts he's already on Skagos and well on his way to finding Rickon. Realistically, he has to do that before he can do anything else of importance in the series. I hope he can be back in the North (ie, off of Skagos) halfway through TWOW. It'd be a shame if he had nothing to contribute to The Game (be he a willing player or not) until ADOS

• 1 year later...

I'm not really impressed with Show-Davos he seems merely passable. But Book-Davos is one of my favorite characters. He's loyal, honest even when it could get him killed, good hearted, just, hard working and he wears his emotions on his sleeve. His emotions really leap of the page.

His whole "I serve... STANNIS!!" when being unable to read the sigil on the ship and not knowing which side the ship served when he was rescued from the battle of blackwater bay was a frickin' great moment.

One thing I would say about Davos which arguably makes his POV somewhat more important than it initially appears is that he is the only POV character who is a lowborn Westerosi. EVERY other POV except Davos and Hotah are born into the nobility and Hotah is a foreigner (he's also a pretty dull character I've read the descriptor 'camera on legs' on this forum!).

So Davos is the only POV character who gives a first-hand voice for the people who make up 90%+ of the population who aren't 'Lord' or 'Lady' so-and-so. One thing I'd love see is have some of the other major characters in the series put under the same scrutiny and have to answer some of hard honest questions Davos asks of Stannis. I really look forward to any future chapters that involve Davos being sent to parley with other POVs because he's one character who's morally courageous enough to call anyone's shit shit regardless of how many soldiers or dragons or evil sorceresses they have.

Davos by himself was not "that" interesting. I enjoyed his chapters, but I also enjoyed Arya, Sansa, Littlefinger, etc. However... Davos and Wex is a different beast all together. And on a quest to find the true King of the North, wow. I really hope this happens on page. I can't wait to read these chapters. It's almost like Dunk and Egg or Brienne and Pod, we now have Davos and Wex!

I'm not really impressed with Show-Davos he seems merely passable. But Book-Davos is one of my favorite characters. He's loyal, honest even when it could get him killed, good hearted, just, hard working and he wears his emotions on his sleeve. His emotions really leap of the page.

His whole "I serve... STANNIS!!" when being unable to read the sigil on the ship and not knowing which side the ship served when he was rescued from the battle of blackwater bay was a frickin' great moment.

I think he actually did know which side they were on, or at least suspected..since they were striped hulled ships loyal to Saan, Davos was able to safely assume that they were on his side. Still a leap to trust a pirate after a bad battle, but I also believe Davos would have declared who he was and who he served even if Mace Tyrell or Tywin Lannister himself came upon him. Just that type of dude.

I also don't think there is going to be much for him to go "home" to...Rainwood area currently is housing some Golden Company and god knows who else. Best bet would to get his wife and kids over to Essos until things are actually safe. He has no actual loyal guards, so they are sitting there as ransom bait.

I think a lot of people have got Davos wrong. There's absolutely no way that he'll end up a Stark loyalist.

The only person Davos is loyal to is Stannis (and by extension Shireen). He doesn't want to be in the game - but he feels he has to because of his devotion to Stannis. If Stannis wasn't around then Davos would go and live a quiet life with his family.

Archived