Your Favorite Frey.

My first thought would be that this is a trick question. My next, that only the fool Jinglebell would work. However I have to admit that Lord Walder helped give me one of the best chapters of the series.

Favorite Frey: Lord Walder (now I feel as clean as flea bottom whore)

Merrett. He's the only one I can find any kind of sympathy for (excluding even Roslin), a total luckless schmuck who is an archetypal woobie. Okay, so he tried to bully his fellow Crakehall squires but this ended when he was beaten (presumably in front of everyone) by Jaime. He then gets captured later by The White Fawn, who brands him on the arse before he's ransomed. He gets so disgraced by this that his fellow squires gang up on him and force him to eat faeces. Later, he gets a mace to the head that effectively ends any chance of him becoming a knight, and leaves him with such constant headaches that he becomes a chronic alcoholic. His wife, who he hates and who berates him constantly, appears to be having an affair with his hated kinsman Black Walder. He is even humiliated when Roose Bolton takes his daughter as wife for no other reason than Roose will get a dowry based on her massive weight. Lord Walder holds him in contempt, and gives him the job at the Red Wedding of making sure the Greatjon gets too drunk to fight, but he fails at that as well. He's considered expendable enough to send on a possible suicide mission to The Brotherhood to get back Petyr Pimple. But despite having next to nothing to do with The Red Wedding, he gets hung by Lady Stoneheart instead.

It's impossible not to feel sorry for this guy, so he's therefore the only Frey I've happened to either sympathise with or like, excepting Cleos, who was fairly harmless as well.

Oh, yeah, and Jinglebell. Poor Jingles, RIP.

• 2 months later...

Jared Frey.

He tasted just like chicken.

Out of the living ones, I think it's gotta be Fat Walda. I am also very sympathetic to Roslin, who in many ways is one of the victims of the Red Wedding herself.

The Old Man is a tremendous heel, mos def. in Love To Hate territory with all the other great villains in this series.

Walder Frey, he takes no shit from nobody and laughs at the prospect of going to hell if he gets the last laugh. He probably also thinks his house is going to hell with him. Dont mess with crazy old coots.

Of course i like him only as a character, the man is wicked.

Olyvar is my least favorite Frey. He was Robb's squire and friend and did nothing to warn him or prevent the red wedding.
How do you know he did nothing? How do you know he even knew about the Red Wedding?

It's like saying you dislike Bran because he did nothing to warn Robb or prevent the red wedding.

Archived