[Book Spoiler] Meet the Crow's Eye?

Targaryen loyalist

Lol, what? No.

Why would he be in Yara's crew to go get Theon? IIRC, at this point Euron should be sailing around Valyria with that ridiculous horn. Besides, Euron is supposed to be hot ;)

I think that random guy, was just a random guy.

Think They will merge Euron and Victaron into one

as there is for the TV show no point in having 2 actors on payroll when an amalgamation can quite easily do the same job

Also think they will want a named actor being as it looks like Vic will have an important roll in S5 in finally getting us out of Mereen (books 5 and 6)

Asha /Yara should have recognised her uncle so I think this guy is more a nod and a wink to some forshadowning

For S4 I'd expect the character to be at the Kingsmoot, The battle on the boats and then a scene at the captured castle to cover the setting off east, might get Yara getting dragged along after the Moot before being sent back north to rescue Theon at the end of S4

Certainly you COULD have Euron return home just after Balon dies, before Asha returns, declare himself king, maybe declare her outlaw as well. Then no Victarion, Euron runs his own errand.

Asha's in the North where she needs to be, with an inadequate crew. Overall plot proceeds apace. We miss Asha's rant about the wealth of the North being pinecones. Could still do the Dragonhorn scene as part of Euron's bona fides when he crowns himself if you wanted to...dunno how important the horn ends up being.

We don't know what the Victarion/Dany interactions end up being, or what significance Victarion's plan to marry her himself rather than return her to Euron ends up having. He DOES have a Navy, though hardly the capacity to carry Dany's forces. Could be enough naval force to change the situation in Slavers' Bay in her favor, maybe start capturing up all other shipping to build her transport capability.

Of course, we need her to get BACK to Mereen first.

Maybe the Red Priest gets Victarion to an appropriate "rescue beach" to find her?

Without knowing what he's supposed to do, it's REALLY groping in the dark to guess what can or can't be altered.

Think They will merge Euron and Victaron into one

as there is for the TV show no point in having 2 actors on payroll when an amalgamation can quite easily do the same job

Also think they will want a named actor being as it looks like Vic will have an important roll in S5 in finally getting us out of Mereen (books 5 and 6)

Asha /Yara should have recognised her uncle so I think this guy is more a nod and a wink to some forshadowning

For S4 I'd expect the character to be at the Kingsmoot, The battle on the boats and then a scene at the captured castle to cover the setting off east, might get Yara getting dragged along after the Moot before being sent back north to rescue Theon at the end of S4

Euron and Vic have two completely different roles and personalities in the story. Merging them for the sake of saving money for the payroll is a horrible excuse.

Euron and Vic have two completely different roles and personalities in the story. Merging them for the sake of saving money for the payroll is a horrible excuse.

We don't really know what their roles are, entirely, and having different personalities doesn't really impact the decision. Commercial constraints are real, not "an excuse." So far, the role of Euron has been introduce the dragonhorn and sieze the throne, then direct ambitious operations from afar. Victarion's role has been to execute the operations.

Are they really that disparate? IF Euron had taken the throne peacefully and left a steward so he could sail to Mereen, how different would the books' events be, at this point?

Im gonna confidently say that its just a random dude thats ridin with Asha. I dont think its a nod to anything. When you see the Crows Eye, youre gonna know.

I think he was just one of her 50 hand picked ultimate badasses. From Aliens we know that ultimate badasses can be experts of everything from sonic electronic ballbreakers to sharp sticks. Which weapon will this guy use I wonder?

Euron will probably be in season 5 :) Not 4. Look at it this way. There are two big battles at the beginning of WoW. The battle in the snow and the battle in the fire (Mereen).

It depends on which of the two they want in season 5 and which in season 6.

If the battle of Mereen is in season 5, than the Kingsmoot is in season 4. But I think it will be in season 6. Because season 4 can be. Danny taking Mereen, starting to rule. Putting dragons in the pit. Season 5 can be, The whole marriage arrangement, that ends with Danny flying away with Drogo. And season 6 can be Danny's story with the dothraki (and probably ending with here leaving for Westeros, but we don't know what GRRM wants maybe she dies). That means that the big battle of Mereen is season 6 with Barristan. This makes sense because Stannis will be at the wall in season 4. Battle at the wall and jon's lord commander. Season 5 can be, his DwD arc and Stannis leaving south to the boltons and finding Theon and Arya. And the battle in the ice.

I hope they will include that Northern Clansman apologising to Yara (here) for calling her "cunt" hile trying to kill her :)

Expedition to Dreadfort would be waylaid by Stannis forces, that's how Yara ends up prisoner. And kingsmoot might be in, but without her - setting her up for the "latecomer" historical parallel.

I hope they will include that Northern Clansman apologising to Yara (here) for calling her "cunt" hile trying to kill her :)

Expedition to Dreadfort would be waylaid by Stannis forces, that's how Yara ends up prisoner. And kingsmoot might be in, but without her - setting her up for the "latecomer" historical parallel.

I think that she will be at the kingsmoot. Balon will die in episode 1 of the second season or the second episode. Than she will go back because she doesn't want Euron to be King. And if she isn't there, why would people be exciting who it will be? Yara is known, the brothers aren't. And the same with Theon story. He will probably be on his way to winterfell next season. It will probably end with him ariving at Winterfell or the wedding. Season 5 will be about him escaping, captured by Stannis and the whole battle.

Archived