Aaron Rodgers and Rich Eisen talk GoT

raj34

If there are any NFL fans here this podcast should really entertain you:

http://ec.libsyn.com/p/9/b/e/9bee981746f04ea7/REP_6-11-13.mp3?d13a76d516d9dec20c3d276ce028ed5089ab1ce3dae902ea1d01cf8637d7cb558f27&c_id=5763533

Skip to the last part of the podcast for the Game of Thrones discussion. Neither Rich Eisen or Aaron Rodgers have read the books, but both are incredibly into it and are mostly able to juggle the zillion plotlines and characters and locations.

More evidence that yes, D&D know what the hell they're doing.

• 1 month later...

Aaron Rodgers ships Dany/Jorah! And he called Daario a Clay Matthews lookalike, hahahaha!

I love how non-book readers who are fans of the show don't even bother calling Dany anything but "Khaleesi."

Aaron Rodgers ships Dany/Jorah! And he called Daario a Clay Matthews lookalike, hahahaha!

I love how non-book readers who are fans of the show don't even bother calling Dany anything but "Khaleesi."

Personally it fills me with unending rage but each to their own I guess :P

Tywin likeable? LOL. He orchestrated the Red Wedding.

Certain people tend to love the cold cunning characters sometimes. It reminds me of how some people absolutely love the Joker as a character, despite the horrible things he has done.

In Tywin's head his actions are completely justified as realpolitik in action. His goal is to prevent the downfall of his house and family, even if it means resorting to Machiavellian means.

I wouldn't say he is likable in the sense of being a guy I would invite to drinks, but he certainly is a captivating character in whom we can find positive traits.

^Yeah, he's a captivating character with some good traits. But overall he's a bastard. ;)

Obviously though there's a huge difference between whether the character is good morally or whether he is good as a character. Anyway, I liked the guy who vaguely predicted

Joffrey's death

. Good effort.

I personally just think he has an unreasonable hatred of weddings. Half of his character is spent plotting to steal away people's betrothals, butcher people at their own weddings, or torturing his son's new bride.

It is Wedding Crashers gone horribly horribly wrong.

I personally just think he has an unreasonable hatred of weddings. Half of his character is spent plotting to steal away people's betrothals, butcher people at their own weddings, or torturing his son's new bride.

It is Wedding Crashers gone horribly horribly wrong.

Man, something bad must have happened when he married Joanna.

Man, something bad must have happened when he married Joanna.

Perhaps Tywin is ashamed that he smiled at his wedding, and is trying to ruin everyone else's betrothals/weddings/marriages so that they forget this fact.

It's sort of funny how the different mediums lead fans to go by different names for the characters. I would never think to call Robb the King in the North or Dany Khaleesi. Actually it's pretty funny how in general show watchers only can barely grasp the names of even major characters.

This was fun though, I miss Rich Eisen and Rodgers seems like a pretty cool guy. Daario will always be Clay Mathews to me now.

They actually have a pretty solid understanding of what's going on. Hopefully they reflect the majority of the audience in that respect (doubt it).

I'd say Rich Eisen represents the average casual viewer, definitely. I've listened to their podcast before, and sometimes they are more confused about certain details than others, but they generally understand the majority of what's going on, and are definitely involved with the show.

It starts at 1:36:24.

This interview brings out how much they have ruined it! ;(

I'd say it's exactly the opposite. It shows how successful they've been with adapting this material for casual viewers who haven't read the books.

I'd say it's exactly the opposite. It shows how successful they've been with adapting this material for casual viewers who haven't read the books.

I'm not saying they didn't do a good job overall, it still makes for great tv, but two things that really bugged me are how a bunch of people feel that Robb was retarded and made bad choices and had it coming and secondly how people like Tywin!

I'm not saying they didn't do a good job overall, it still makes for great tv, but two things that really bugged me are how a bunch of people feel that Robb was retarded and made bad choices and had it coming and secondly how people like Tywin!

Robb and Cat (And to a lesser degree, Edmure) did make bad choices that ended up hurting them. I mean the entire reason the Red Wedding happened as it did was because he broke his word to Walder Frey. I love Robb, but he absolutely had it coming. The majority of book readers feel that way too, I would think.

And as for Tywin...Well it's hard to not like a brilliant actor. If Dance is played by mostly anyone else people wouldn't really like him as well. If anything they've done a better job with the character than I could have hoped.

Archived