Littlefinger takes Kings Landing, Sides with Stannis (with evidence)

Irelands Gemstone

'We will march into the sea and out again. Under the waves we will ride seahorses, and mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming, oh, oh, oh' A familiar Patchface prophesy, I started the 'How Stannis will take the Throne' topic, its gotten a few thousand views anyhow, and a few hundred comments, but in my analysis, and with a clever posters comments, it has led me to the above conclusions.

I went on the topic of how Aurane Waters (With Cerseis stolen warships) would side with Stannis and how it fitted with "we will ride seahorses" as the Velaryon sigil is a Seahorse.

I didnt pick up on the second part CORRECTLY. I thought it obviously meant Manderlys right, maybe under the command of a Stark, "mermaids will blow seashells" - I couldent analyse it, but I eventually, this is where the poster comes in, with the help of a smart poster was reminded of Littlefingers ship, leaving with Sansa for the Vale. It flew a flag from it, bearing a Merman, blowing a seashell.

This is obviously an allusion to the Vales contribution in the coming war, an ambitious man like Littlefinger with the support of the Vale (Lord Protector of the Vale) the Riverlands (Lord Paramount of the Riverlands) and the North (Ally? of Sansa) attacking a depleted Lannister / Tyrell alliance, who have fought against Aegon, and maybe Dany before they find each other and start to fight - could easily take Kings Landing, I doubt he could hold it, but maybe thats why he sides with Stannis.

I havent worked the ins and outs yet, but I think its pretty correct, It cant be interpreted less literally, and with less guesswork.

Thoughts, Comments, Descriptions, Naysayers and Yaysayers, please lend your assistance and brainpower to a vital theory in the mystery of ice and fire.

I like smart posters. I very much had not considered that the ship went on to Braavos, where Justin Massay is hiring sellswords for Stannis, and Arya Stark is there too - yes yes, I like it. Maybe Massay brings the sellswords back on Aurane, who sides with him, and Salladhor Sann who left due to lack of payment, as the Iron Bank is backing Stannis - and Aurane dosent go to Stannis at all, but to Massay, and they take Kings Landing, and trumpet Stannis coming

I like smart posters. I very much had not considered that the ship went on to Braavos, where Justin Massay is hiring sellswords for Stannis, and Arya Stark is there too - yes yes, I like it. Maybe Massay brings the sellswords back on Aurane, who sides with him, and Salladhor Sann who left due to lack of payment, as the Iron Bank is backing Stannis - and Aurane dosent go to Stannis at all, but to Massay, and they take Kings Landing, and trumpet Stannis coming

im liking where this is heading. The timing would be better, I believe, if his ship went on to the iron bank to let them know where stannis was so he could send stannis some money. I dont think baelish wants to hook up with stannis, just strengthen him enough to lay waste to the current regime.

There is only two possible ways I could see this working, 1 Baelish talks to manderly, and Manderly is aware Petyr has Sansa and to save Sansa, Manderly guarantees Baelish a use of ships to bring her to the Vale to bring the north into the alliance when he finally brings back rickon. This gives the North a navy and solidifies the MT. and VALE regions, which eventually could lead to the unification of the vale, riverlands and north, once the freys and boltons are defeated.

2nd thing that would need to happen is Stannis's would have to agree to the terms, of said alliance to march on KL. Now if it gets this far, and Stannis takes KL, with the prophecy surronding Cersie being taken down by a prettier and younger queen. Sansa would have to be a kings wife, so either Shireen dies at the wall, and Stannis takes Sansa, or Stannis dies on the way and Sansa marries Aegon. Only way I could see it working. (IMHO ALL CRACPOT DON'T TAKE TO SERIOUSLY).

Plus I think that Stannis will be able to figure out once Littlefinger reveals Sansa that Littlefinger violated Guest Right by having Joffrey poisoned. He'd certainly kill him for that and maybe even Sansa thinking she was an intentional accomplace.

I buy it. There has to be something to what Patchface said. You're definitely connecting some dots. I know that Patchface saying "We will ride seahorses..." makes us think that this applies to Stannis' army, but maybe it means someone else. Maybe Stannis isn't part of this prophecy.

Archived