Is Dany Going Mad?

This is not an I hate Dany thread. I'm just saying throughout the series she goes all over the place morally, first she is freeing slaves then she crucified people, and near the end of her pov in ADWD she is clearly hallucinating. The Targaryans have a history going mad, sometimes in the most horrible sense of the word as was the case with Aerys II, and sometimes in good sort of way as was the case with Baelor the Blessed

No, the Crucifixions was, while brutal and perhaps a terrible idea, was in retribution for the wrongs perpetuated by The Masters. We know for a fact Quaithe is a real person as other characters have seen her and talked about her. The end POV in ADWD is Dysentery, de-hydration and fever based hallucinations.

This is not an I hate Dany thread. I'm just saying throughout the series she goes all over the place morally, first she is freeing slaves then she crucified people, and near the end of her pov in ADWD she is clearly hallucinating. The Targaryans have a history going mad, sometimes in the most horrible sense of the word as was the case with Aerys II, and sometimes in good sort of way as was the case with Baelor the Blessed

No. She's hallucinating because she is dehydrated. She crucified the slavers in revenge for the children. There's no evidence of mental illness wether you like her or not.

Well, I think her breakdown in the Dothraki grassland where she is with Drogon, about to be meeting a rather hated Khal and his 30 thousand warrior/tribe is going to be quite telling. i hope what Viserys jibed her with when she met Drogo about," I would let all............ and their horses too........................ if I thought it would get me an army" does not come true. That would be too much for readers to bare. Either she is going to climb on Drogon's back and cry DRACARIS!!! and wipe out a few just so the rest of the mass will follow her as she would show them who is dominant or she gets in "good graces" with the new khal and some blood riders. I will go for the fire and blood approach. When she tames this army, she will march on Mereen and go absolutly ballistic. She will take the Iron Born ships whether they give them or she takes them and imed organize an invasion of Westeros. She will not be friendly, more on the mad side I would say.

I think the insinuation in aDwD is that her coin is still spinning.

Wish I had thought to say that. And as to the OP the Targ "madness" that some get usually doesn't come on until later in life, as for the hallucinations, she is very sick and has had a traumatic couple of days so I wouldn't chalk it up to madness yet.

Well, I think her breakdown in the Dothraki grassland where she is with Drogon, about to be meeting a rather hated Khal and his 30 thousand warrior/tribe is going to be quite telling. i hope what Viserys jibed her with when she met Drogo about," I would let all............ and their horses too........................ if I thought it would get me an army" does not come true. That would be too much for readers to bare. Either she is going to climb on Drogon's back and cry DRACARIS!!! and wipe out a few just so the rest of the mass will follow her as she would show them who is dominant or she gets in "good graces" with the new khal and some blood riders. I will go for the fire and blood approach. When she tames this army, she will march on Mereen and go absolutly ballistic. She will take the Iron Born ships whether they give them or she takes them and imed organize an invasion of Westeros. She will not be friendly, more on the mad side I would say.

well i got different feeling from that meeting , i think they are there to swear an oath to Daenerys ...

the dothraki fallow only the strong and Daenerys conquered 3 citys and is at war with rest of the Essos ...

i maybe wrong but i think dothrakis think that is rly cool and they see her now as a strong leader ( + she has dragons now )

only question remains is Braavos - i wonder if they join Daenerys or remain neutral - they seem like natural alliance

No.

Like the person before me said, she's misguided

Selmy cant give her good advice because he's not there for that, and she sent Jorah away, so she's kinda lost on what to do

ADWD was not a good book for that character

No. She frees slaves and crucifies people for exactly the same reason: she really hates slavery. You might disagree with one decision, but it's not evidence of any mental inconsistency - they're perfectly consistent with each other. As for the hallucinations, that's what people do when they're sick and feverish and dehydrated.

well i got different feeling from that meeting , i think they are there to swear an oath to Daenerys ...

the dothraki fallow only the strong and Daenerys conquered 3 citys and is at war with rest of the Essos ...

i maybe wrong but i think dothrakis think that is rly cool and they see her now as a strong leader ( + she has dragons now )

only question remains is Braavos - i wonder if they join Daenerys or remain neutral - they seem like natural alliance

Well, The Iron Bank is not keen on Dragons. I am sure the Faceless men as well. I bet they side with Westeros.

Let's look at a few things from GoT and consider what some characters would think of her...

Believes her unborn son will rule the world.

Tyrion: Crazy

Littlefinger:Crazy

Tywin: Crazy

Ned:Crazy

Thinks it's a good idea to let a woman whose whole village has just been pillaged tend to her injured husband... the man responsible the the woman's situation.

Tyrion: Stupid

Littlefinger:Naive

Tywin:Stupid

Puts priceless dragon eggs, her dead husband, and the woman she previously freed on a pyre then walks into the flames. (Yes, the outcome was good, but...)

Tyrion:Crazy

Littlefinger:Crazy

Tywin:Crazy

Dany has had the misfortune of every crazy action she has taken being rewarded with positive results. When that trend ends she will snap.

Archived