Video Games: And Now For Something Completely The Same

Poobah

I ended up picking up 2014 on xbox, I was buying a bunch of other shit and threw it in, lol.

I have only finished the tutorial and like 2 missions of the storyline. I have also played in one free for all match online.

It seems pretty easy to grasp the concept, but the strategy and deck building aspect will take some experience. Overall I enjoy the game itself and wish I would have jumped into the actual physical game when it first started. Seems like it would have been a lot of fun.

Damnit. I ended up getting the game too and now I'm all nostalgic for the card game again (haven't played since sometime around 2002-2003) but I don't know anyone who plays and my old cards, if they haven't been thrown out, are in storage 400 miles away.

The electronic game is fun though.

I am playing through Deus Ex: Human Revolution. For some reason i never finished it fully the first time, and its easily one of my favorite shooters. It is moody and interesting and has fantastic atmosphere. I would like to see another in the franchise to follow this one.

I could honestly pop in the original right now and still have a blast. What a phenomenal game.

Jet Sett Radio

Wow. That brings back memories.

Back in college, I bought a Dreamcast off eBay to play Phantasy Star Online and it was used and came with a few games I never would have played otherwise. There was a fishing game (with a controller) and Worms Armageddon (lots of drunk nights playing that) and Sonic Adventure (might have played that anyways) and Jett Sett Radio. A bizarre little game at the time, but loads of fun.

I just heard the news about Ryan Davis of giantbomb.com. Completely stunned. I feel like I knew the guy.

Yeah I love Giant Bomb and the Bombcast is one of those things that makes my week that little bit more awesome. I was pretty crushed to hear Ryan had passed, especially since he'd only gotten married a few days prior.

Hey guys, I'm not sure if any of you are Civ 5 players but there's a 25% off coupon on Green Man Gaming today (GMG25-BAWQB-8UQWG) which wworks on the already discounted Brave New World preorder to knock a further 25% off the already discounted price, so you end up getting BNW at a 32.5% discount, which is pretty good for a game that isnt even out yet.

Was on the fence about picking it up at release, but watching some streams got me excited for it, and then this coupon today pushed me over the edge from "I want this but retail price is a little high for an expansion" to "WANT NOW" :)

GMG is late posting their keys. WAS THIS REALLY WORTH THE MONEY I SAVED!?

Battlefield 3

Jet Sett Radio

Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD

Dokuro

Metal Slug XX

Thanks. I might order this PS+ soon actually because I might play a few of those games over what I have right now. I tried Assassin's Creed and I am having trouble liking it.

For some reason, I don't really enjoy the run system.

I just heard the news about Ryan Davis of giantbomb.com. Completely stunned. I feel like I knew the guy.

I went to the site just yesterday and saw his game of the year video for 2011 on the front page and was really confused, and then saw the article talking about his death. I kind of refused to believe it for 20 minutes or so.

Ryan felt like the most consistently funny guy in Quick Looks. He had an enthusiasm that really made the entire format work. Vinny or sometimes Jeff or Patrick can bring something similar, but Ryan just made it seem so natural.

Looks like the gunplay is like Red Dead's, which is great. Loved the weapon wheel, and it's back. It looks like they really focused on making it as open world as possible, which is great. While GTA 4 was pretty good, I felt boxed in whereas in RDR and San Andreas, I could go wherever and do whatever (I also cheated like 950 times in SA, but who hasn't lol).

This looks promising, a possible pseudo-sequel & mash-upt to Star Control + NES's Lifeforce. Hoping they do a Mac port ASAP:

Release: Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages

Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages, a unique space shooter/RPG mash-up, with tons of creative ideas, brilliant humor, and huge replayability value, is available 33% off on GOG.com. That's only $9.99 for the first week.

Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages takes such ideas such as space opera, role-playing, shooter, and exploration of procedurally generated space to a whole new level. Combining many different gameplay modes, mechanics, and set-ups it's giving the players near-infinite possibilities to experience a unique space-adventure, full of action, humor, and cosmic awesomeness. Either in singleplayer or seamless multi-player mode, it creates an ultimate space playground for you to explore and dominate!

Archived