Why Did The Hound Have Soft Spots for The Stark Daughters.

NedStark2013

I don't think he had a soft spot for Ayra. In the TV show he was a lot nicer to her, but not in the books. In the books he mainly just wanted to ransom her, for the most part.

As for Sansa... Well, someone had to be nice-ish to her in that cesspool. I don't think he gives a damn about the Starks, he's just being honest with Sansa, and in doing so has no reason to treat her like shit, unlike Joff's lapdogs.

I wouldn't say it was because of Ned or liking the Starks since he offered to kill Summer and hoped that Bran would hurry up and die.

With Arya she is his hostage. He was partially motivated by money. Kidnapping a little girl is easier than making money the honest way I guess. It may have also been in part due to his Sansa obsession.

He is attracted to Sansa and likes her/wants her.

I think he finally started to see Joff's treatment of Sansa as being similar to his brother's treatment of himself. Seeing as how she was pretty much powerless to do anything about it. Maybe he helped, and I use the term loosely, Arya because he kind of cares for Sansa.

I don't think he had a soft spot for Ayra. In the TV show he was a lot nicer to her, but not in the books. In the books he mainly just wanted to ransom her, for the most part.

I still think he had a soft spot for her. If he didn't, he'd sell her back to the Lannisters in a heartbeat. Sansa I think he had a soft spot for because he was attracted to her and was really too dumb to see how fucked up the world and King's Landing were. Once she did, he felt he had the obligation to protect and educate her about the way of the world. The Hound being in love with her certainly helped too.

The reason he had a soft spot for Arya is that he sees a lot of himself in Arya. At her age, Sandor also probably had a murderous unquenchable rage within him and tried to off his brother at any given moment. The Hound learned to control the rage as Arya had, and so I think he felt that Arya was sort of the daughter he never had. Arya saw the world as he did, which almost no one else did, so the Hound actually started liking Arya.

I still think he had a soft spot for her. If he didn't, he'd sell her back to the Lannisters in a heartbeat.

The reason he had a soft spot for Arya is that he sees a lot of himself in Arya. At her age, Sandor also probably had a murderous unquenchable rage within him and tried to off his brother at any given moment. The Hound learned to control the rage as Arya had, and so I think he felt that Arya was sort of the daughter he never had.

He actually can't sell her to the Lannisters unless he had a death wish. He is known as a deserter. It's partially why Gregor's men wanted to kill him.

I think Sandor was projecting. He wanted to kill his brother and assumed that Arya felt the same way about Sansa.

I don't think she was like his daughter or else he would not be holding her against her will. He was abusive towards her just not physically and he threatened her in an effort to keep her submissive.

I still think he had a soft spot for her. If he didn't, he'd sell her back to the Lannisters in a heartbeat. Sansa I think he had a soft spot for because he was attracted to her and was really too dumb to see how fucked up the world and King's Landing were. Once she did, he felt he had the obligation to protect and educate her about the way of the world. The Hound being in love with her certainly helped too.

The reason he had a soft spot for Arya is that he sees a lot of himself in Arya. At her age, Sandor also probably had a murderous unquenchable rage within him and tried to off his brother at any given moment. The Hound learned to control the rage as Arya had, and so I think he felt that Arya was sort of the daughter he never had. Arya saw the world as he did, which almost no one else did, so the Hound actually started liking Arya.

He wouldn't sell her to the Lannisters because they'd take his head off for deserting. He's smarter than that.

I don't think she was like his daughter or else he would not be holding her against her will. He was abusive towards her just not physically and he threatened her in an effort to keep her submissive.

Well, Arya did the same thing basically. As I said, the have an identical point of view at life.

Well, Arya did the same thing basically. As I said, the have an identical point of view at life.

The power dynamic between them was that he was the one in control not her. He's just another one who takes away any power or control over her own life from her.

They have similarities but they do not have an identical life POV. Sandor's wish to kinslay would be one example.

They have similarities but they do not have an identical life POV. Sandor's wish to kinslay would be one example.

Pretty confident if one of Arya's siblings thrust her face into the fire and held her down on it over a toy, Arya would make it her life's mission to kill them as well. They have the same views.

I think the Hound wished that he could be a good man. He's scarred and twisted, mostly because of his brother. He never really had a lot of chances being good. Not to excuse him or anything. But I think that was why he was drawn to Sansa/Arya. They were lost and weak, and he could be their White Knight. More of a Soiled Knight, for sure. He would not admit this, of course, but that's how I saw him.

Pretty confident if one of Arya's siblings thrust her face into the fire and held her down on it over a toy, Arya would make it her life's mission to kill them as well. They have the same views.

That's not the same thing as Sandor wishing to murder his brother. Arya does not actively wish to kill any of her family members.

Archived