Who would be a potential dragonslayer?

Abbadon

First, welcome o the forum :cheers: . May you enjoy here like the rest of us.

Dragons are pretty powerful beasts, and can`t be killed that easily. Although Dany`s dragons aren`t the fully grown, they are still dragons. The obvious choice would be weirwood arrows, or some Maester hidden trick. But I do believe Dany`s dragons won`t last for good...

I think the dragons are there to offset the Others, if they go then my guess would be the dragons go too. As far as a person being a dragonslayer in this story I just don't see it. I think they will be killed by treachery, not valiant knights as they are in other stories.

I remember a (slightly crackpot) theory here that said Theon was one. Hear me out. We know he was a master archer earlier in the books, and handily, Ramsay left him enough fingers to use a bow. And, Brandon Snow (brother to Torrhen Stark, the King who knelt), had some plan to assassinate Aegon's dragons by stealth, generally taken to be weirwood arrows as seen in one of Bran's visions.

If weirwood arrows are indeed dragon kryptonite, it could really be anyone with halfway decent aim. That being said, it seems more likely the dragon will die at the hands of the Others or each other (a la "The Dance of the Dragons"), though I'm not convinced they need to die at all.

Arya has at least half decent aim and Bran will provide weirwood arrows. Just imagine Dany trying to get the North to kneel then oops one of her weapons falls from the sky.

Archers... Sarella and Anguy. Possibly Sam since Jon told him to practice archery. I hope that if Weirwood arrows are the way to kill a dragon that it takes more than just one to do it. A one shot kill with anything on a dragon would be disappointing.

So I'll say Sam. He is a slayer, afterall.

That would be so awesome if the biggest craven in the series ends up being the only person to have slain both an Other and a dragon, and is celebrated through out history as the bravest hero ever.

Archived