Who would be a potential dragonslayer?

Abbadon

Jaime after Tyrion betrays Dany and tells him the secrets of how to kill a Dragon. Maybe Bran will somehow warg one or play a big role in its death.

Yeah, guess that dragon warging will take place too. And the Theon thing makes sense and would be great!

Weirwood arrows might do the trick but I think they have to shoot an open wound or something I think dragon scale is hard and n arrow might not pierce it so maybe a weirwood arrow to the eye?That may be the reaswon why Brandon Snow wanted to kill dragons by using stealth?

I so want bust a skyrim joke right now but seriously I put my money of Jon Snow slaying a dragon as I think one weakness of dragons is Valyrian steel.

did you perhaps mean the Dragonborn of legend? Bane of Alduin, arch-Mage of winter hold, Guildmaster do the Thieves Guild, or Listener of the Dark Brotherhood?

I don't know if anybody could slay a dragon in battle at this point. The descriptions of their abilities in A Dance with Dragons made them out to be virtually unstoppable WMD's. I may be misremembering, but I believe it was suggested that even direct hits from scorpions would fail to stop dragons. If that is true, I don't see how a man with a sword could face one. Archery is a possibility, but making a lethal shot would likely be a matter of luck more than skill.

Given Bran's visions from the scenes in front of the weirwood tree of someone making arrows and that it was probably a Stark, I go with Arya. She is continually stating she wants to learn how to shoot a bow. Foreshadowing, no?

Could the one making weirwood arrows be Bloodraven? He was an expert archer.

Could the one making weirwood arrows be Bloodraven? He was an expert archer.

It's thought that the man was Brandon Snow, bastard brother to Torrhen Stark, who was making Weirwood arrows to kill Aegon's dragons.

• 7 months later...

I think weirwood arrows can by influenced by magic to hit the right spot which is why Bloodraven used them. I don't think the weirwood itself is any more toxic than normal wood. I think Theon is a likely candidate as he wants to die fighting and is actually starting to look like Bloodraven now he is skinny with white hair. He is also talking to trees which is likely to be where he will find the knowledge.

The other way to kill dragons is decapitation but even Theon is not that mad yet. Maybe someone can give that task to Ilyn Payne as his last job.

Theoretically speaking, anyone could do it with the correct means.

Didn't Brandon Snow take down a dragon with a wierwood arrow? If all it takes it an arrow to the eye or something, any decent archer could do the job.

We also don't know how dragons would fair against other magical creatures or wielders yet. Like the Children of the Forest or Others.

There's also the potential Maester conspiracy against magic, in which case there may be some secret poison or weapon in the Citadel that may be used against them.

There's also just things like environment. Who knows how well the dragons have fair in bitterly cold weather like that on the Wall.

Really, anyone could do it if they had the right tools.

Edit:

Sorry, made a mistake on the Brandon thing. I meant, didn't he intend to kill a dragon with a weirwood arrow?

Anyone with a valyrian steel blade would be a good bet, it isn't dragon kryptonite or anything, but i reckon a good swordsman would be able to cleave through a lot of dragon with say longclaw or oathkeeper (or blackfyre, the irony). Really i doubt that any individual would be able to kill a dragon, it would have to be a whole mob of people.

Archived