The Best Episodes So Far?

Pinkie Baelish

Now, here are my favorite quotes for every episode:

1. Winter is coming - "The king shits, and the hand whipes." (Robert to Ned)

2. Kingsroad - "And go celibate? The whores would go begging from Dorne to Castelry Rock. No, I just want to stand on top of the Wall and piss off the edge of the world." (Tyrion to Jaime)

3. Lord Snow - "Well, lord Snow, it appears you're the least useless person here." (Alliser to Jon)

4. Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things - "Distrusting me was the wisest thing you've done since you climbed down your horse." (Littlefinger to Ned)

5. The Wolf and the lion - "You heard the hand. The king is too fat for his armor. Go find the breastplate stretcher. Now!" (Robert to Lancel)

6. The Golden Crown - "No. He did." (Bronn to Lysa)

7. You Win or you Die - "I've always want to be a wizard." (Sam to Jon)

8. The Pointy End - "I'll not sit here and swallow insults from the boy so green he pisses grass." (Greatjon to Robb)

9. Baelor - "But they have a soft hearts of women. So long as I'm your king, treason shall never go unpunished. Ser Ilyn! Bring me his head." (Joffrey orders an execution of Ned Stark)

10. Fire and Blood - "There's your peace." (Tyrions explains the peace to Kevan by breaking the glass)

11. The North Remembers - "Power is power." (Cersei to Littlefinger)

12. The Night lands - "I'm not questioning your honor, lord Slynt. I deny it's existence. (Tyrion to Janos Slynt)

13. What is Dead may Never Die - "There are no goats halfman." "Well make do." (Tymett and Tyrion)

14. Garden of Bones - "Born amidst salt and smoke. Is he a ham?" (Renly to Melisandre)

15. Ghost of Harrenhal - "Please, kill me if enything should happen to lord Tyrion." (Lancel to Bronn)

16. Old Gods and the New - We had vicious kings, and we had idiot kings, but I don't know if we have ever been cursed with a vicious idiot for a king." (Tyrion to Joffrey)

17. A Man without Honor - "The dog does not need courage to chase off rats." (Sandor to Sansa)

18. Prince of Winterfell - "If Stannis attacks the Mud Gate, what choice do we have? "Pig shit." (Varys and Tyrion)

19. Blackwater - "Fuck the Kingsguard! Fuck the city! Fuck the king!" (Hound to Joffrey and Tyrion)

20. Valar Morghulis - "You honored me beyond word, your grace. I shall need to acquire some sons and grandsons." (Littlefinger to Joffrey)

21. Valar Dohaerys - "You are an ill made, spiteful little creature, full of envy, lust and low cunning." (Tywin to Tyrion)

22. Dark Wings, Dark Words - "Yes, all Lannisters are lions. And when a Tyrell farts, it smells like rose." (Ollena to Sansa)

23. Walk of Punishment - "Yes. All men must die. But we are not men." (Daenerys to Missandei)

24. And now his Watch is Ended - "You are a bastard. A daughter-fucking, wildling bastard" (Karl Tanner to Craster)

25. Kissed by Fire - "I like you boy. But if you lie to me, I'll pull your guts out through your throat." (Tormund to Jon)

26. The Climb - "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." (Ramsay to Theon)

27. The Bear and the Maiden Fair - "All you lords and ladies, still think that the only thing that matters is gold. Well this makes me happier than all your gold ever could! And that makes me happier than all her sapphires, so go buy yourself a golden hand, and fuck yourself with it!" (Locke to Jaime)

28. Second Sons - "Then you'll be fucking your own bride with a wooden cock!" (Tyrion to Joffrey)

29. Rains of Castamere - "You were right the whole time." (Jon to Orell)

30. Mhysa - "Look at us now, Tully! You're dead, your daughter is dead, your grandson is dead, your son spent his wedding night in a dungeon, and I'm lord of Riverrun." (Walder Frey to late Hoster Tully)

31. Two Swords - "You're not a golden lion. You're just a pink little man who is far too slow on the draw." (Oberyn to the Lannister soldier)

32. The Lion and the Rose - "One taste of combat was enough for me, Your Grace. I would like to keep what remains of my face. I think you should fight him. This was but a poor imitation of your bravery on the field of battle. I speak as a first-hand witness. Climb down from the high table with your new valyrian sword and show everyone how a true king wins his throne. Be careful though, this one is clearly mad with lust. It would be a tragedy for a king to lose his virtue hours before his wedding night." (Tyrion to Joffrey)

33. Breaker of Chains - "Horses are faster then men." "Horses are dumber then men." (Dany and Daario)

34. Oathkeeper - "I will answer injustice with justice." (Daenerys to Barristan)

35. First of his Name - "Some old man teach you how to stand, how to parry, how to fight with honor. Do you know what is wrong with honor?" SPIT! (Karl tanner to Jon Snow)

36. Laws of Gods and Men - "Watching your vicious bastard die gave me more relief then a thousand lying whores." (Tyrion to Cersei)

37. Mockingbird - "Nothing isn't better or worse then anything. Nothing is just nothing." (Arya to dying man)

38. The Mountain and the Viper - "Wait! Are you dying? No, no, no, you can't die yet, you haven't confessed." (Oberyn to Gregor)

39. The Watchers on the Wall - "Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come." (Grenn and others before the giant strike)

40. The Children - "All the same. We do not kneel." (Mance to Stannis)

To go a bit more in-depth, here's my best-to-worst ranking of all the episodes to date after season four:

1. Blackwater (9)

2. The Rains of Castamere (8)

3. The Children (8)

4. Valar Morghulis (7)

5. The Mountain and the Viper (7)

6. And Now His Watch is Ended (7)

7. The Watchers on the Wall (7)

8. Kissed by Fire (7)

9. The Pointy End (7)

10. Fire And Blood (7)

11. You Win or You Die (7)

12. The Lion and the Rose (7)

13. Baelor (7)

14. The Laws of Gods and Men (7)

15. Mockingbird (7)

16. The Wolf and the Lion (7)

17. What is Dead May Never Die (7)

18. A Golden Crown (7)

19. The Ghost of Harrenhal (7)

20. Second Sons (7)

21. Garden of Bones (7)

22. The Old Gods and the New (7)

23. The North Remembers (7)

24. Mhysa (6)

25. Two Swords (6)

26. The Prince of Winterfell (6)

27. Walk of Punishment (6)

28. Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things (6)

29. Dark Wings, Dark Words (6)

30. The Climb (6)

31. Breaker of Chains (6)

32. Valar Dohaeris (6)

33. First of His Name (6)

34. The Bear and the Maiden Fair (6)

35. Oathkeeper (6)

36. The Kingsroad (6)

37. The Night Lands (6)

38. A Man Without Honor (5)

39. Winter is Coming (5)

40. Lord Snow (5)

My favorite season is still season three in terms of overall pacing, writing and story structure. Then comes season four, season one and finally season two.

1.The Rains of Castamere

2.Baelor

3.Blackwater

4.Fire and Blood

5.Valar Morghulis

6.You Win or You Die

7.And Now His Watch Is Ended

8.The Lion And The Rose

9.The Laws of Gods and Men

10.The Wolf and the Lion

11.A Golden Crown

12.The Pointy End

13.The Mountain and the Viper

14.Second Sons

15.Kissed by Fire

16.The Watchers on the Wall

17.The Children

18.Mhysa

19.The Prince of Winterfell

20.The Old Gods and the New

21.Mockingbird

22.Two Swords

23.What Is Dead May Never Die

24.Winter Is Coming

25.A Man Without Honor

26.Garden Of Bones

27.Oathkeeper

28.Walk of Punishment

29.Breaker of Chains

30.The North Remembers

31.The Kingsroad

32.Valar Dohaeris

33.Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things

34.Lord Snow

35.The Climb

36.Dark Wings, Dark Words

37.The Bear And The Maiden Fair

38.The Climb

39.Firts of His name

40.The Night Lands

Watchers of the Wall is now my favourite episode. had more "important" deaths than Blackwater, and that 360 shot was probably one shots of the best in the show.

Jon's my favorite character so its a pretty easy call for me. I love the way Gilly asks Sam not to die... and Aemon's 'the past is never a sweeter place to visit than when facing certain death'/ Sam's face while hes saying it are amazing.

edit- Winter is Coming is probably second.. I didn't know anything about ASOIAF before I watched it so I was instantly hooked after Jaime pushed Bran out the window.

1) Kissed by Fire

2) The Rains of Castamere

3) The Watchers on Wall

4) Baelor

5) Fire and Blood

6) Blackwater

7) A Golden Crown

8) And Now His Watch is Ended

9) The Laws of Gods and Men

10) The Mountain and the Viper

11) The Pointy End

12) You Win of you Die

13) What is Dead May Never Die

14) Mockingbird

15) Two Swords

1. The Rains of Castamere

Blackwater

The Children

Kissed by Fire

Baelor

The Pointy End

Second Sons

Fire and Blood

The Laws of Gods and Men

The Lion and the Rose

And Now His Watch is Ended

The Watchers on the Wall

You Win or You Die

Mockingbird

The Mountain and the Viper

The Old Gods and the New

A Golden Crown

Walk of Punishment

What is Dead May Never Die

Winter is Coming

Valar Morghulis

The Kingsroad

The Wolf and the Lion

First of His Name

Oathkeeper

Garden of Bones

Mhysa

Breaker of Chains

Dark Wings, Dark Words

The Bear and the Maiden Fair

The Climb

Two Swords

Valar Dohaeris

A Man Without Honor

Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things

The Night Lands

The Ghost of Harrenhal

Lord Snow

The North Remembers

The Prince of Winterfell

It's interesting to see that so many people dislike North Remembers. For me, that's actually one of the better episodes, a beautiful reintroduction to the world of GoT after the shitstorm at the end of the previous season. It was a bit slow and plot-light, but it had atmosphere in spades, not to mention fantastic direction by Alan Taylor. Every time I re-watch the episode, I'm fascinated by how right and smooth it feels.

^ I loved it too! The comet really makes the episode seem unique to me.

Every good show has episodes like this - seemingly non-eventful outings where nothing much happens in either plot or character departments, and often overlooked by fans. Big moments are what people remember, not quiet episodes like this one. Yet, North Remembers is chock-full of great scenes that are well written and beautifully shot - just look at the camerawork and lighting, not to mention magnificent vistas we're treated to whenever we jump to a new location... It's one of the most moody and atmospheric episodes of the show so far. Tyrion's arrival in KL - notice how the Sun hangs low on the horizon, Dany lost in the Red Waste, tired brothers of the Night's Watch reaching the grey and inhospitable Craster's Keep, Stannis' beach party (visually still one of the best scenes I've seen on GoT), the dark, muddy, and damp Robb's camp (it rhymes! Yay!) including fantastic scenes with Jaime and Alton. And yeah, that comet following us every step of the way.

Man, I love me some North Remembers. Writing all this down, I really think it's actually one of the best episodes of GoT.

- The Watchers on the Wall : Personal favourite of the series.

- Kissed by Fire.

- The Rains of Castamere.

- The Children.

- The Mountain and the Viper.

- Blackwater.

- The North Remembers.

- A Golden Crown.

- Baelor.

- The Laws of Gods and Men.

Every good show has episodes like this - seemingly non-eventful outings where nothing much happens in either plot or character departments, and often overlooked by fans. Big moments are what people remember, not quite episodes like this one. Yet, North Remembers is chock-full of great scenes that are well written and beautifully shot - just look at the camerawork and lighting, not to mention magnificent vistas we're treated to whenever we jump to a new location... It's one of the most moody and atmospheric episodes of the show so far. Tyrion's arrival in KL - notice how the Sun hangs low on the horizon, Dany lost in the Red Waste, tired brothers of the Night's Watch reaching the grey and inhospitable Craster's Keep, Stannis' beach party (visually, still one of the best scenes I've seen on GoT), the dark, muddy, and damp Robb's camp (it rhymes! Yay!) including fantastic scenes with Jaime and Alton. And yeah, that comet following us every step of the way.

Man, I love me some North Remembers. Writing all this down, I really think it's actually one of the best episodes of GoT.

Yup I agree (definitely top 20 for me).

There is one extremely, extremely minor thing that I always get bummed about in regards to this episode (and it doesn't have much to do with episode at all), which is the title. I wish they had saved that for the episode with Wyman Manderly's speech. It would have been so much more poignant (especially since the RW has occurred) and relevant.

BTW, I'm loving all the love for The Watchers on the Wall here. It's truly awesome :)

There is one extremely, extremely minor thing that I always get bummed about in regards to this episode (and it doesn't have much to do with episode at all), which is the title. I wish they had saved that for the episode with Wyman Manderly's speech. It would have been so much more poignant (especially since the RW has occurred) and relevant.

:cheers:

I thought about including that very point in my previous post! Yeah, it has such a huge symbolic power in the fandom. It would be the perfect title to a particularly badass episode down the line, perhaps in Season 5.

I thought about including that very point in my previous post! Yeah, it has such a huge symbolic power in the fandom. It would be the perfect title to a particularly badass episode down the line, perhaps in Season 5.

Similar opinions on the episode, the title, Michelle McLaren- damn, you're probably the first person on this board who I've agreed with to this extent :)

Top 3 of this series:

1. Watchers on the Wall - this took me back to the excitement I felt watching Helm's Deep for the first time. One of my all-time favorite GoT episodes now.

2. The Mountain and the Viper - the build-up and the pay-off was amazing for me. I didn't even mind the beetle story.

3. The Children - I think they just hit on so many high notes throughout this episode that it doesn't give you time to catch your breath before something else unexpected happens.

Similar opinions on the episode, the title, Michelle McLaren- damn, you're probably the first person on this board who I've agreed with to this extent :)

You put North Remembers in your TOP 20, I think it belongs in TOP 10! I'm so very disappointed! :crying: ^_^

You put North Remembers in your TOP 20, I think it belongs in TOP 10! I'm so very disappointed! :crying: ^_^

I sorry :bawl: :crying:

It would have been top 10 were it not for the plethora of awesome episodes season 4 gave me.

Archived