Who really is the Heir to Robert Baratheon?

Rodrik Storm

i respect Stannis a ton because he is a total badass. has the legit claim by law and all that... but i really dont want to see him on the throne. Melisandre ruins him for me i cant stand her and i hope she dies immediately! he is becoming her puppet and needs to man up and kick her ass to the curb

I say Gendry even if he is a bastard because he is Robert's eldest son even if he would be illegitimate wont be the first time a bastard became King.

Gendry has the same amount of claim as Robert's heir as Hot Pie does. Robert didn't even know of his existence. And we also don't know that he is Robert's eldest son. Robert supposedly had 16 bastards, only 7 of which are accounted for.

Robert's true heirs are the following (however, I'm not 100% sure because I'm not sure what kind of succession laws the Baratheon dynasty follows concerning women)

1. Stannis

2. Shireen

3. Renly

4. Cousins, if the Baratheons have any

Stannis, like it or not.

BUT! As most of the world do not belive/know that cersei children's father is Jaime instead of Robert, there could be two posibilities.

Acording to the tradition in most of westeros(pretty much a legacy of the andal tradition) the eldest male son come first in the line, after the female and they the closest relatives. This make Tommen the rigthful heir.

In the other hand, acording to the Dornish tradition, the eldest children, despite it gender comes first in line. Which is, in this case Myrcella.

Archived