if boros blount were in jaimes position would he have done the same?

Sansa_Stark

Killing the King thus breaking the Kingsguard oath requires much more courage than simply not defending him. I think he would have closed himself into a cabinet the instant the sack of King's Landing began and shouted "I YIELD" at the first Lannister man-at-arm opening it.

Killing the King thus breaking the Kingsguard oath requires much more courage than simply not defending him. I think he would have closed himself into a cabinet the instant the sack of King's Landing began and shouted "I YIELD" at the first Lannister man-at-arm opening it.

living with dishonor takes less courage than dying by fire

jaimes solution was easier and would better insure his survival

But it requires the courage to face the inevitable backlash when people find out what he did. Boros doesn't have that courage. Nor would he have the conviction to follow Aerys into a fiery grave.

But it requires the courage to face the inevitable backlash when people find out what he did. Boros doesn't have that courage. Nor would he have the conviction to follow Aerys into a fiery grave.

pretty sure everyone knows boros is a dishonorable loser. kingslayer or no i dont think hes going to risk his life a bit more just because he is scared what others think

pretty sure everyone knows boros is a dishonorable loser. kingslayer or no i dont think hes going to risk his life a bit more just because he is scared what others think

Doesn't matter what they think. It matters what they do. He doesn't have a prestigious backer like Tywin Lannister or the skills Jaime possesses. If he had been found as a Kingslayer, they would have executed him or sent him to the wall.

Doesn't matter what they think. It matters what they do. He doesn't have a prestigious backer like Tywin Lannister or the skills Jaime possesses. If he had been found as a Kingslayer, they would have executed him or sent him to the wall.

so does that mean jaime only went with kingslaying because his dad would protect him afterwards

so does that mean jaime only went with kingslaying because his dad would protect him afterwards

No, Jaime doesn't think like that. But were Boros Blount so completely in Jaime's shoes that he had the wealthiest lord in the Seven Kingdoms for a father, critical to the stability of the new king's realm, as well as himself being one of the finest swordsmen alive, would he have done what Jaime did?

Yeah, probably. He has neither the father nor the skills, though, and would have been every bit as expendable at that time as he is now.

No, Jaime doesn't think like that. But were Boros Blount so completely in Jaime's shoes that he had the wealthiest lord in the Seven Kingdoms for a father, critical to the stability of the new king's realm, as well as himself being one of the finest swordsmen alive, would he have done what Jaime did?

Yeah, probably. He has neither the father nor the skills, though, and would have been every bit as expendable at that time as he is now.

so what jaime did wasnt because of bravery or altruism as much as it was to save his own hide

Archived