Am I the only one that would prefer Jon being Ned's bastard?

The Crow

I must be the only person that would rather have Ned as his father than Rheagar and Lyanna. Does anyone else feel this way? Btw: I'm not saying that R+L=J is false, I'm just saying that I would prefer him as Ned's bastard over some Targ.

I must be the only person that would rather have Ned as his father than Rheagar and Lyanna. Does anyone else feel this way? Btw: I'm not saying that R+L=J is false, I'm just saying that I would prefer him as Ned's bastard over some Targ.

It's not about me prefering Jon to be Rhaegar's son. I actually think Ned is Jon's father, at least in terms of role models and all that. Still, the evidence for Rhaegar as the physical father is just overwhelming...

Maxpey is probably the most prominent R+L=J supporter who still longs for Ned as Jon's father ;)

No, I prefer that Jon is Rheagars heir:- so long as he never becomes a king. It pleases the part of me that equates tragedy with romance; Jon could have been the fairytale prince who saves the world then comes into his rightful inheritance and everybody lives happily ever after, but this is no fairytale so what was wrong will not be set right and the Westerosi will not get a happy ending. If Jon were truly Ned's son the Westerosi would still not get a happy ending but without the cruel irony of the subverted fairytale it is merely sad and not tragic.

I'm with you.

Even if Rhaegar is his biological father, his real father has always been Ned. The 'bastard of Winterfell' is such a major part of his character and his identity, he isn't just going to throw it aside.

ETA: I'm with you OP. R+L=J is probably true (although people shouldn't just take it as fact, as they often do), but him being The Bastard of Winterfell, I think, would be better than him being a Targaryen (although that might be my time on the board having to put up with all the secret Targ theories influencing my preference)

I don't even know why I like the idea of Jon being a bastard more than him not being one but I just kindda do. I like the fact that despite his closeness to the Stark children he was always forced to step aside or away when push came to shove. (For example at the feast when the King comes to Winterfell he is not seated with the high table with his other brothers and sisters, in fact I don't think he was allowed to the feast if memory recalls). Anyway my point is he being pushed aside in certain situations mainly by Cat has made him into the character we love. I don't see why I need to know Jon Snow's mother and father, I like him as the bastard who grew with the Starks because it made his character.

Regardless of being Rhaegar's son, Jon is a Stark at heart and Ned always was and always will be his father. In the end that's what matters most, I think.

Blood might turn out relevant. The fact Jon has a good dose of Stark first Men blood (and so can warg) and Valyrian blood (who knows if there's something latent going on here), might be important later in the story.

I was convinced Jon is Ned's bastard. Then, the internet interrupted. Now I'm more convinced of the Rhaegar's bastard version and I'm hoping he is Rhaegar's bastard too.

Reasons. I was never really fond of Ned or Jon. I'm also not fond of Ned's bastard playing the hero and being the hero all the time. I mean, get real, bastards just don't become heroes. Even if they are the bastard of Ned Stark. It's too boring. Poor boy works hard and becomes hero. GRRM is better than that. Also, I really like Rhaegar and if Jon is his son, that just plays some psychology on me and makes me have more sympathy for Jon. Also, it makes things a lot more exciting.

I do want him to be Ned's son because he does show the story of the outcast becoming a great leader all based on his character. But R+L=J is also convincing and it shows that Jon was never a bastard and that he could been King but you know both N+A=J and t R+L=J are 50/50 with edvidence. But you know no matter if he is a Targaryen, Baratheon, Dayne, Lannister, or what ever house he maybe. He is a Stark of Winterfell the blood of First Men runs in his veins. He is a Prince of Winterfell and Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. He is Jon Snow son of Lord Eddard Stark brother to King Robb, Princess Sansa, Princess Arya, Prince Bran and Prince Rickon. He is a direwolf born of the North

I was convinced Jon is Ned's bastard. Then, the internet interrupted. Now I'm more convinced of the Rhaegar's bastard version and I'm hoping he is Rhaegar's bastard too.

Reasons. I was never really fond of Ned or Jon. I'm also not fond of Ned's bastard playing the hero and being the hero all the time. I mean, get real, bastards just don't become heroes. Even if they are the bastard of Ned Stark. It's too boring. Poor boy works hard and becomes hero. GRRM is better than that. Also, I really like Rhaegar and if Jon is his son, that just plays some psychology on me and makes me have more sympathy for Jon. Also, it makes things a lot more exciting.

Have you considered that Jon, erm, isnt a bastard?

Archived