Who will be the next Regent?

BaseBornBastard

I think Mace assumes the Regency with Cersei still awaiting trial, and promptly bungles things. Either that or Cersei convinces Tommon to name Devan Lannister (he is Warden of the West and was introduced in ADwD) as the new regent.

Cersei, she is not the one to standby when she thinks the Tyrells killed Kevan and Pycelle to take the small council with Tyrion.

True, but after everything that's happened, Cersai doesn't really have the 'pull' anymore. I'd sooner think it's Mace rather than Cersai.

Its all about Cersei. She's the person Vary's can most manipulate because he knows her better then any other candidate. Besides Cersei has to get her revenge on the Faith and she can't do that if she's out of power.

After her walk of shame one would expect Cersei to be humbled and fade out of the picture, this is exactly why I don't think she will. Mace is going to challenge her for the regency and with her new toy Robert Strong at her side I think Cersei will win. A weak Mace Tyrell might be enough to push Randyl Tarly into Aegon's arms.

If Cersei has a measure of intelligence left, she will gtfo of King's Landing. Until Aegon sits the Iron Throne, i think the Regency will be in the hands of the High Septon. (Unless Cersei kicks his ass somehow.)

This is Cersei we're talking about, and she has never been one to flee a fight. She thinks her son's life is at stake along with the Lannisters' control of the crown.

This is Cersei we're talking about, and she has never been one to flee a fight. She thinks her son's life is at stake along with the Lannisters' control of the crown.

I don't see how Tommen's life could be at stake, considering that the Tyrells only have ties to the throne through him. If he was older then they could wait until he impregnates Maergery then kill him, but since I very much doubt he's capable of that yet I'd think he's safe until he hits puberty.

Then again, Cersai has a serious case of paranoia so I suppose her thinking Tommen is in danger wouldn't be that unrealistic.

If Cersei has a measure of intelligence left, she will gtfo of King's Landing. Until Aegon sits the Iron Throne, i think the Regency will be in the hands of the High Septon. (Unless Cersei kicks his ass somehow.)

I have detected a flaw with this plan.

I would have to assume Mace but he is not there at the moment. So maybe Randall Tarly. Or Kevan's death will be the catlyst for a Lannister/Tyrell power struggle which Cersei somehow wins after Robert Strong decapitates the faith's champion. Cersei takes control, kills all the tyrells and the kingdom implodes, leaving it ripe for Fakegon

I agreed that Cersei has been weakened by her walk of shame and Tywin's death. However, knowing Cersei she would probably use any means (Qyburn and Robert Strong) to retain her power. We know that she will win her trial by combat. I can't wait to see her reaction to fake Aegon. I can't stand her but I think she is the most controversial character in KL and George will keep her alive a lot longer.

The whole point of Varys killing Kevan was so that Cersei would be regent again.

This is pretty much confirmed. Cersei is regent. That's not to say the Tyrells won't turn on her- Another reason why Varys did what he did.

Archived