taena merryweather

space

i know its at least a season or two away, but the perfect cast for this role would be http://www.imdb.com/...4665/?ref_=sr_1 from dexter season 2 and spartacus, has the right demeanor, super sexy and age/appearance appropriate, and of course it wouldnt be visually unappealing watching the scenes where she tucks cersei into bed =)

I think they'll probably cut that scene. But you know, reading Taena's description, Jaime Murray would be PERFECT

I haven't watched that new show Defiance yet, but apparently Julie Benz (Rita) and Jaime Murray (Lyla) are both on it. The idea of those two squaring off again, in a totally different context, kinda makes me want to watch Defiance lol

• 3 weeks later...

it wouldnt be visually unappealing watching the scenes where she tucks cersei into bed =)

And she certainly has the right first name to jump into cersei's bed.

I always pictured Taena to look somewhat like Eva Longoria. But tbh, i would be fine with basically any hot brunette or black haired for the role, and Jaime Murray certainly fits that description

I could see that, though I think someone a bit more exotic would be more appropriate. Like Janina Gavankar.

I could see this one playing Ellaria Sand (Oberyn Martell's Paramour) though

No, with the right make-up and attitude she could come across as more exotic. Although you are right, she would be better suited to Ellaria.

• 3 weeks later...

The movie "The Last Legion", despite being awful, seems a breeding ground for GoT Casting... As such, I thought of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan for Arianne Martel, but someone pointed out that she's probably too old... so maybe Taenna Merryweather? She is specifically dark skinned in the books, if I recall.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0706787/?ref_=tt_cl_t3

Why not? She's a part of Cersei's emotional descent in AFFC, which can be very intriguing television, if done right. She loses her son, her father, is removed from her brother/lover, and lives in fear of her rival(s), and will cling to whatever hangers-on that may come. Who else would she interact with/confide in by that part of the story? Internal monologs are fine on paper, but come off poorly on HBO (unless there's a naked chick in the room). And given her distaste for whores (due to Robert and Tyrion), she's going to need to rationalize what/whom she's doing (even if Merryweather is just a whore with a title).

Archived