Will Stannis win against Bolton?

theBigPicture

I know that Theon, in the chapter from WOW, tells Stannis that Bolton has 5,6 thousands or more men inside winterfell. Does anybody know aprox how many men does Stannis have? And who is on Bolton's side and who is on Stannis's side?

Frey - leaving winterfell ; loyal to bolton

Manderley - leaving winterfell ; loyal to stannis

karstark - his plan was discovered by stannis, but what about his men

and etc. I simply do not remmeber the rest

So what are the numbers> And who will win and who will die? (i have a feeling that Stannis will win and Ramsey will die, but not Roose)

Manderlys and Umbers and Karstarks will turn on the Boltons and Freys and by the time Stannis arrives to the city, there won't be much of a fight. With both Boltons dead (or mayhaps Ramsay on the run), House Bolton is gone and in a fortnight, the entire north returns to the Starks, especially when Davos brings Rickon back to the real world. The Frey remnants try to run back to the Twins but Howland Reed, Glover and Mormont are waiting for them in the Neck and they kill every single one of them.

The Battle of Winterfell will decide the North's future.

Manderlys and Umbers and Karstarks will turn on the Boltons and Freys and by the time Stannis arrives to the city, there won't be much of a fight. With both Boltons dead (or mayhaps Ramsay on the run), House Bolton is gone and in a fortnight, the entire north returns to the Starks, especially when Davos brings Rickon back to the real world. The Frey remnants try to run back to the Twins but Howland Reed, Glover and Mormont are waiting for them in the Neck and they kill every single one of them.

The Battle of Winterfell will decide the North's future.

I like this except I think Jon will arrive when Stannis has taken Winterfell and duel with Ramsay, then kill him. Roose will either die by Jon's hand or escape with the Frey remnants and get killed down south. And after that Jon will be declared King in the North.

Stannis? No

The northmen? Hell yeah

Because they're totally not allied with each other, right? Right?

Anyhow, all hints lead to Stannis beating Bolton. The Freys and Manderlys will butcher each other out in the snow (Wyman won't have any reason to wait for Rickon now; he's out in the snow with Freys, he's going to kill them). Stannis is a great commander. Stannis some ice-related ground breaking plan in store for the Boltons; Ser Aenys Frey is already dead, Ramsay is a reckless fool. Etc etc.

I like this except I think Jon will arrive when Stannis has taken Winterfell and duel with Ramsay, then kill him. Roose will either die by Jon's hand or escape with the Frey remnants and get killed down south. And after that Jon will be declared King in the North.

I just can't see both Boltons dying indeed, but I think Roose will be the goner. If Ramsay dies, little changes and with Roose alive, the Boltons bannermen/soldiers and the likes of Dustins and such, will remain with him and the battle for the North will endure longer and this can't happen because the Others are coming.

I for one my friend, see this very unlikely. Not the last sentence (though I wouldn't like it) it is a possibility but Jon arriving during the siege, no chance.

I just can't see both Boltons dying indeed, but I think Roose will be the goner. If Ramsay dies, little changes and with Roose alive, the Boltons bannermen/soldiers and the likes of Dustins and such, will remain with him and the battle for the North will endure longer and this can't happen because the Others are coming.

I think Lady Dustin is playing a huge double bluff and is on the Northmen/Stannis side, but is in on the GNC, and her rant about Ned seems to flamboyant and seems sinster to me.

I for one my friend, see this very unlikely. Not the last sentence (though I wouldn't like it) it is a possibility but Jon arriving during the siege, no chance.

Not during the siege but afterwards with Ramsay and Roose? captured, and he gets challenged by them or he wants to challenge them and whoever is in charge allows it.

Anyhow, all hints lead to Stannis beating Bolton. The Freys and Manderlys will butcher each other out in the snow (Wyman won't have any reason to wait for Rickon now; he's out in the snow with Freys, he's going to kill them). Stannis is a great commander. Stannis some ice-related ground breaking plan in store for the Boltons; Ser Aenys Frey is already dead, Ramsay is a reckless fool. Etc etc.

They are, with Stannis being the minor ally, so I am not going to say that he is the one responsible for the win, when it is not so likely (unless he proves otherwise of course). Just let me grumble ;)

Jon has been slightly incapacitated by Bowen&friends and will not participate in any battle for quite some time in WoW, if Jon ever fights human enemies again (and assuming he's "alright").

The battle of Winterfell will be decided by northmen in the end and this detail will not be lost on neither Stan B or the northmen. I fully expect that Stan B will need the North a lot more than they need him after the battle.

I know that Theon, in the chapter from WOW, tells Stannis that Bolton has 5,6 thousands or more men inside winterfell. Does anybody know aprox how many men does Stannis have? And who is on Bolton's side and who is on Stannis's side?

Frey - leaving winterfell ; loyal to bolton

Manderley - leaving winterfell ; loyal to stannis

karstark - his plan was discovered by stannis, but what about his men

and etc. I simply do not remmeber the rest

So what are the numbers> And who will win and who will die? (i have a feeling that Stannis will win and Ramsey will die, but not Roose)

Freys are going outside the walls where they are vulnerable despite their superiority to the Manderly forces they can be jumped by Stannis' lot.

And while the Karstarks themselves were going to fuck over Stannis their soldiers most likely don't care all to much and probably don't really know what's going on anyway and just do what they are told by their lords. So they will probably fight for Stannis.

So far it looks like things are stacked against Roose but he still holds Winterfell and only a resurgent Stark is likely to make his Northern bannermen go over to Stannis, who is an Andal.

So far it looks like things are stacked against Roose but he still holds Winterfell and only a resurgent Stark is likely to make his Northern bannermen go over to Stannis, who is an Andal.

...so is the majority of the population of the North and especially the Manderlys.

Only the Wildlings still have enough First Men 'blood' to consider themselves that and even they got "Andalized".

I doubt the Northmen will betray Stan like E-Ro feared but I think they will either declare Jon KitN through Robb's will or declare Rickon their new lord and name a regent, like Wyman Manderly. After that they all will be too busy beating off zombie apocolypse 201x to care much about the IT.

Jon has been slightly incapacitated by Bowen&friends and will not participate in any battle for quite some time in WoW, if Jon ever fights human enemies again (and assuming he's "alright").

I'm with Scipio Africanus on this one.

Not during the siege but afterwards with Ramsay and Roose? captured, and he gets challenged by them or he wants to challenge them and whoever is in charge allows it.

Stannis will lose. You cannot stop Roose, he is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent. You cannot prevent the Roosepocalypse, you can only delay it's coming. And when it does hit, not even Stannis 'Iron' Baratheon will be able to withstand it.

Stannis will lose. You cannot stop Roose, he is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent. You cannot prevent the Roosepocalypse, you can only delay it's coming. And when it does hit, not even Stannis 'Iron' Baratheon will be able to withstand it.

Roose is over-rated as heck with no military achievements to boast of, speaking seriously.

They are, with Stannis being the minor ally, so I am not going to say that he is the one responsible for the win, when it is not so likely (unless he proves otherwise of course). Just let me grumble ;)

Help my memory out a bit, didn't these Northerners accept Stannis as King? Or didn't they? Either way, he's the leader of their charge, and if you've read the TWOW chapter you'll know its him making the strategy plans and shiz.

If Stannis takes WF I don't see Roose and/or Ramsay escaping Stannis' justice. If he misses one or both of them, I'm pretty much sure he'll chase him/them. Well maybe Northerners will take them out?

Same goes for Littlefinger. I will be very, very upset if Sansa kill him. (There's heavy foreshadowing for it though)

The Freys getting into a pincer between Stannis and the Manderlys right when they are at the frozen lake, with Stannis later entering Winterfell through subterfuge and liberating it would be too easy.

There are only two more books to play, so some things have be closed. But I really, really doubt of happy endings.

Roose is over-rated as heck with no military achievements to boast of, speaking seriously.

Tox, I think Corvo was joking, should be obvious after the omnipresent bit ;)

oh by the way, Stannis will crush the leechlord or his son.

just to quote the man himself

Stannis bristled at that. "I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm's End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers. Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?"

Archived