What Are You Listening to? Part IX: If You Read It Backwards... You Might Get Nausesous

Durckad

I've given Atoms for Peace a shot. It's good if you like the electronica turn that Thom has been on since he discovered technology. It sounds quite a bit like his solo album. Flea does a great job of adapting his style to fit this which is pretty cool. But I don't think it's all that great or anything that will appeal too strongly to folks that aren't predisposed to it.

Well hello there new thread, it's been a while...let's start off with something maybe two other people on the board might appreciate. ;)

Genesis - "Dancing With The Moonlit Knight"

Hell yeah, start this thread right!

I too am listening to Genesis, but not Gabriel era; I'm listening to

. This is because I watched American Psycho the other day. For the same reason I'm also listening to
by Huey Lewis and the News.

ETA: really Dancing With The Moonlit Knight might just be the greatest song ever written.

I too am listening to Genesis, but not Gabriel era; I'm listening to

. This is because I watched American Psycho the other day. For the same reason I'm also listening to
by Huey Lewis and the News.

Well, then you should be listening to

too. :)

ETA: really Dancing With The Moonlit Knight might just be the greatest song ever written.

I can't stop listening to it..

Except for right now.

Well, then you should be listening to

too. :)

I did. All day yesterday. You know I love the Invisible Touch.

I believe I'll be listening to a lot of Genesis in the near future.

Listening to Philip Glass'

. If you have a spare 15 minutes and even a passing interest in dramatic, orchestral music...I can't recommend this enough.

Woah, thanks for that. Stunning track. Particularly love the operatic female backing vocals/descant.

Tough to pick one track from a great prog metal concept album. I suppose the opener is a good place to ah...start. :)

I was pleasantly surprised by that album. Usually prog metal debuts go all out on the cheese factor, but Beyond The Bridge had a respectable level of cheddar, enough to be tasty but not too much that you're all blocked up for a week. I should probably give that another listen sometime again.

What I'm listening to now:

Sigur Ros - Kveikur

New album is pretty fucking cool. Has a heavy rock and industrial vibe which is a nice change. I liked Valtari but there's no doubt that most of it was kinda samey at times. Perfect for playing in the background while you do something else, but Kveikur demands your attention.

I was pleasantly surprised by that album. Usually prog metal debuts go all out on the cheese factor, but Beyond The Bridge had a respectable level of cheddar, enough to be tasty but not too much that you're all blocked up for a week. I should probably give that another listen sometime again.

I've given it about 50 listens and it never gets old; freakin' love that album. Cool guys, too. I ordered a T-shirt from their store, it apparently got lost in the mail at some point between Germany and here and they sent me a replacement for free.

What I'm listening to now:

Sigur Ros - Kveikur

New album is pretty fucking cool. Has a heavy rock and industrial vibe which is a nice change. I liked Valtari but there's no doubt that most of it was kinda samey at times. Perfect for playing in the background while you do something else, but Kveikur demands your attention.

Good song. Never been a big fan of theirs, but the new album is getting such universal acclaim it's hard to ignore.

Relaxing before sleep -

Archived