Will Davos haft to kill Osha?

Mr.Black

Sorry I'm not being nasty I just found it really amusing that you'd clearly completely forgotton :laugh: I'll be nice now.

I'm not sure in regard to the OP. either she'll fight to keep Rickon out of the war or she will go with them to White Harbour I guess it all depends on hoe Davos presents the idea of returning Rickon.

Rickon is such a mystery right now, it's hard to say. I could see him (with Osha) at the head of an army when Davos shows up. I guess it all comes down to what each person wants. Davos wants to bring Rickon back. Rickon might prefer to stay hidden, but he might also be ready to return and claim his inheritence.

No, Davos will go to them openly and tell them of Wyman Manderlay's plans to get Rickon back in charge of Winterfell. Most all of the North seems as if they would be very willing to flock to a legitimate Direwolf Stark banner. They already have the Manderlay's, the Glover's, the Mountain clans would come instantly, Alys Karstark and her Thenn husband would likely be an ally, and even Stannis would restore him as Warden of the North. I'm probably forgetting people too. Osha will see this for the golden opportunity it is, even if she does some very thorough and mistrustful vetting of Davos. Davos certainly wouldn't kill Shaggydog, SD is the proof that Rickon is Rickon.

The more interesting question is, will Rickon have honed his warging abilities at all?

The possibilyt raises an interesting moral dillema for Davos. Up to this point he seems to have been critical of the idea of killing an innocent to support obtaining the Iron Throne. At this monent of desperation, what will he do to support Stannis's perhaps last chance (he likely has no idea of developments relating to the Iron Bank of Bravos) at success?

I don't think killing Osha would make Rickon particularly inclined to listen to Davos, so I don't see that happening. I can see Osha throwing Davos into prison (just for character consistency) until he proves he's not trying to hurt the boy though.

Rickon is going to be what, almost 5 if/when Davos finds him on Skagos?

He is not going to need to "hone" his warging - he is young enough to just get it. There is no Maester's teachings to unlearn, and he's a wild spirit as it is. Osha knows enough to trust the direwolf, so if you think anyone is getting near that kid without going through Shaggydog, they better be prepared to lose at least some fingers. And Davos doesn't have that many to spare.

I think Davos is wise enough to reason with Osha, and wise enough to realize he has to speak to Rickon with respect, and not treat him like a normal child.

I think Osha will no doubt be suspicious of Davos, but from the way Davos dealth with Lord Borrell, he will be able to sway her. Killing Osha would only turn Rickon against him.

I think Davos will manage to get the lords of Skagos to fight for Rickon and Stannis.

Man, that would completely ruin my fantasy of Davos being a surrogate father to Rickon.....

If Davos didn't already have a family I would love for him to fall in love with Osha and have wacky sitcom-esque adventures on Skagos with Rickon as their surrogate child.

Good spin-off series for when the books/show ends, eh? :lol:

If Davos didn't already have a family I would love for him to fall in love with Osha and have wacky sitcom-esque adventures on Skagos with Rickon as their surrogate child.

Good spin-off series for when the books/show ends, eh? :lol:

Of course! :thumbsup:

But I meant it more in the sense that he would potentially be a father-figure to a young orphan, and a rather good one to boot. I can also see Davos seeing Rickon as another chance after losing four of his sons.

Archived