Do You Think the Other Reach Lords are Preparing to Betray the Tyrells?

I see Hightowers and Redwynes betraying Tyrells and flocking to Aegon. Fire Eater (God bless your Rundown thread :)) has wonderful theory about that.

Yep. They'll join (F)Aegon after he helps them defend Oldtown.

You should really read Fire Eater's Dance of Dragons 2.0 rundown.

I see Hightowers and Redwynes betraying Tyrells and flocking to Aegon. Fire Eater (God bless you :)) has wonderful theory about that.

Not everyone finds it wonderful. ;) But now that we're at it, could you provide a link or a thread's name so I can re-read it and refresh my memory? Thanks in advance.

Honestly, I don't understand how people would find betraying your liege lord such an easy thing. The Reach seems to have honorable bannermen and not so ambitious people (except maybe for Mace) so it does intrigue me a lot on why a friendship would so easily mean betraying another friendship (as in turning against the Tyrells for Aegon).

Not everyone finds it wonderful. ;) But now that we're at it, could you provide a link or a thread's name so I can re-read it and refresh my memory? Thanks in advance.

Here is link. It`s just my opinion...

I think Randyl Tarly is planning to betray the Tyrells. It's said that Joncon has "friends in the Reach" isn't it?

I think it was an exile of the Reach who mentioned Mace doesn't have as much powering the reach that he believed he has and that the Golden Company still has friends in the Reach.

I think it was an exile of the Reach who mentioned Mace doesn't have as much powering the reach that he believed he has and that the Golden Company still has friends in the Reach.

I think it's Randyl Tarly. He was a staunch Targaryen loyalist during Robert's Rebellion and may be rather spiteful of Mace for stealing his accomplishments during the rebellion.

I don't know. Tyrells have marriage with Redwyne, Hightower and Fossoway. Redwyne and Hightower are Tyrell's most powerful bannermen. Willas can still marry one of Tarly's daughters. So they should be secure because they have ties to many of their bannermen. Plus most lords in Golden Company are from Reach so Reach's lords wouldn't be happy that they should return lands which they got after Blackfyre rebellion.

I don't know. Tyrells have marriage with Redwyne, Hightower and Fossoway. Redwyne and Hightower are Tyrell's most powerful bannermen. Willas can still marry one of Tarly's daughters. So they should be secure because they have ties to many of their bannermen. Plus most lords in Golden Company are from Reach so Reach's lords wouldn't be happy that they should return lands which they got after Blackfyre rebellion.

I agree the Redwynes won't rebel. Olenna is a Redwyne herself and I believe one of the Redwyne twins is still hostage at KL. The Hightowers are just too mysterious at this point to say anything. They're certainly planning something but I see it as more of a magic based thing than a betrayal of the Tyrells.

The Tarly's on the other hand - they have no direct ties to House Tyrell, there is a motive and they're one of the most powerful houses in the Reach. House Rowan is another possibility though we don't know much about them.

ETA: Although Lord Rowan is married to a Redwyne, however we don't know if she's part of the main branch. So it's possible that make the Rowan's reluctant to join any rebellion. The Merryweathers are another possibility, especially if Taena is up to something.

Randyll should have that ambition. He is considered one of the finest battle commanders in westeros, and he is licking boots of tyrells which house they were never kings of the reach...

the only explicit example we know for sure of Tyrell bannermen thinking they should be Lords of Highgarden are the Florents, whose defection hasn't been felt by the Tyrells at all.

Though obviously the "friends in the reach" comment suggest some who might be willing to join Aegon, though whether they are major, important houses remains to be seen.

It might be Randyll Tarly and Mathis Rowan.

As to the Redwynes and the Hightowers, I don't see them specifically going over to Aegon unless the Tyrells do. Paxter Redwyne is Mace Tyrells first cousin AND brother in law. Leyton Highgtower is Mace Tyrells father in law, and his grandchildren are Mace Tyrells children. Redwyne-Tyrell-Hightower are too intermarried if you ask me for one to betray the other.

It might be Randyll Tarly and Mathis Rowan.

As to the Redwynes and the Hightowers, I don't see them specifically going over to Aegon unless the Tyrells do. Paxter Redwyne is Mace Tyrells first cousin AND brother in law. Leyton Highgtower is Mace Tyrells father in law, and his grandchildren are Mace Tyrells children. Redwyne-Tyrell-Hightower are too intermarried if you ask me for one to betray the other.

:agree:

And, yes. Willas can still marry one of Tarly's daughters or even Olenna could take one of them as a hostage.

:agree:

And, yes. Willas can still marry one of Tarly's daughters or even Olenna could take one of them as a hostage.

I have a feeling that the man who told his eldest son to join the Night's Watch or he would murder him is not going to be that bothered by one of his daughters being taken hostage.

I thought first that the Tyrells were going to marry tatl's daughter to the son who got the Florent lands but since hes already married Willas will do instead..Maybe the Tyrells will provide dowerys to the other girls as a sweetener to keep Randylll happy.Maybe willas or garlan will take dickon tarly as squire

I thought first that the Tyrells were going to marry tatl's daughter to the son who got the Florent lands but since hes already married Willas will do instead..Maybe the Tyrells will provide dowerys to the other girls as a sweetener to keep Randylll happy.Maybe willas or garlan will take dickon tarly as squire

Yep, there's a lot of probability. If Kevan realised that Randyll is a dangerous man, then Olenna probably aware the situtaion.

I have a feeling that the man who told his eldest son to join the Night's Watch or he would murder him is not going to be that bothered by one of his daughters being taken hostage.

But her mother would care, I think...

I just want the best for House Tyrell :dunno: :crying:

:agree: No way he cares too much if one of his daughters are captured. Might be more motivation for him.

Archived