Wex

Dragonstar

Anyone else think that Manderly & Glover's story about the mute Wex stinks?

He hid above a tree and the wolves failed to sense him? he trailed Osha & Rickon without Shaggydog picking up on him? Just doesn't add up.

What motive could Manderley have to make up that story though?

Why is Wex so good at dagger throwing?

And if it wasn't Wex, how else would Manderley have gotten the info that Rickon was in Skagos?

Am I over thinking this?

The story itself may stink a tad bit, but they had to have gotten the info from somewhere, and Wex Pyke was right there in the thick of it. I think Manderly was being honest. How else would they have gotten word that Rickon was on Skagos?

ETA: Also, Wex is Ironborn. It't not too farfetched that he knows how to throw daggers or may be skilled in combat. That's what they do in the iron islands.

I always thought it was very convenient to add Wex in there. Borderline lazy writing, but I let it go since it moved the story along.

If it wasn't Wex, how did they do it? Maybe magically pull the information from the Maester's mind?

One Ironborn is stronger, sneakier, and more perceptive than any three men from the mainland.

It's not far-fetched that Wex, using his superior Ironborn stealth abilities, would have stayed undetected while keeping track of them with his superior Ironborn eyes and sense of smell (Which are said to be even more developed than a Direwolve's).

I think there was some good debate in the great northern conspiracy thread (great read if you haven't seen it) which thought Wex's story was somewhat unlikely. I think its possible that Manderly sent Rickon to Skaagos to avoid discovery in White Harbour, otherwise how would Wex get an audience with him it's not like he can just walk up and say he knows where Rickon is.

This was discussed in one of the Great Northern Conspiracy threads. The point was made that Wex, an Ironborn, wouldn't have been able to follow Osha, a spearwife, and Shaggydog, a wolf overland from Winterfell undetected. He was probably set up by Manderly to persuade Davos to retrieve Rickon from Skagos without implicating Manderly in getting Rickon there in the first place.

Manderly is one subtle SOB, for sure.

Anyone else think that Manderly & Glover's story about the mute Wex stinks?

He hid above a tree and the wolves failed to sense him? he trailed Osha & Rickon without Shaggydog picking up on him? Just doesn't add up.

What motive could Manderley have to make up that story though?

Why is Wex so good at dagger throwing?

And if it wasn't Wex, how else would Manderley have gotten the info that Rickon was in Skagos?

Am I over thinking this?

Yes you are. The only way manderly could know is if Wex is telling the truth

Also, Wex is OBVIOUSLY a partially trained Faceless Man, and is only mute because they temporarily disabled his speech as part of his "work without each of your senses in succession" training but hasn't been able to make his way back to the temple to get it restored. So it's only natural that he'd be able to follow somebody undetected.

:)

Wex is just a catalyst. And given the situation he was in, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that everything went down the way Wex and Manderly say. The important takeaway here is that Davos is coming for Rickon.

This was discussed in one of the Great Northern Conspiracy threads. The point was made that Wex, an Ironborn, wouldn't have been able to follow Osha, a spearwife, and Shaggydog, a wolf overland from Winterfell undetected. He was probably set up by Manderly to persuade Davos to retrieve Rickon from Skagos without implicating Manderly in getting Rickon there in the first place.

Manderly is one subtle SOB, for sure.

but how would he know about Rickon other than from Wex. Before you can speculate on on weather Wex is lie you have to figure out Manderly could have known Rickon was Alive and on Skaggos. the only way I can think of is Wex was telling the truth

One Ironborn is stronger, sneakier, and more perceptive than any three men from the mainland.

It's not far-fetched that Wex, using his superior Ironborn stealth abilities, would have stayed undetected while keeping track of them with his superior Ironborn eyes and sense of smell (Which are said to be even more developed than a Direwolve's).

All Ironborn are Vulcan Jedi. It is known.

Also, Wex is OBVIOUSLY a partially trained Faceless Man, and is only mute because they temporarily disabled his speech as part of his "work without each of your senses in succession" training but hasn't been able to make his way back to the temple to get it restored. So it's only natural that he'd be able to follow somebody undetected.

Were you being feceshous or do you really think that cuz it's just non sense based on nothing but I assume u were joking because nothing would lead you to think Wex is a faceless man

All Ironborn are Vulcan Jedi. It is known.

It is known.

The training of a Faceless Man coupled with the undeniable physical superiority of the Ironborn?

My God, Wex is the perfect killing machine. :shocked:

Archived