June's What are you Reading Thread

Snuffaluffalee

Trying to finish up The Chess Garden which I've been reading for a while just because I haven't had much time to read.

Then, leaving tomorrow for vacation and taking The Lies of Locke Lamora and The Empire of Ice Cream by Jeffrey Ford with me. Me, a comfy chair, a good book, and the ocean somewhere in the proximity: What could be better? (I'll tell you what could be better: no danger of kids interrupting me, but that ain't gonna happen so I'll take what I can get.)

Just finished Tigana a little while ago and loved it. I've been thinking about picking up a couple of his other historical fantasies, and I was just wondering what people thought of them. I see Lions of Al-Rassan and Tigana being pimped around here all the time, but books like A Song for Arbonne, Last Light of the Sun, and The Sarantine Mosaic don't get nearly as much love.

I would say Arbonne and Sarantium maybe aren't quite as great as Tigana but they're still excellent books. I thought Last Light was possibly the weakest Kay book I've read but even that is still good and worth reading.

Archived