What/who is Quaithe? Her's/It's motivation?

Arya Wargface

I like the Sheira Seastar theory, especially with the wooden mask. If she kept using magic to make herself look younger, it might have gone wrong, disfiguring her face.

Crackpot-ish time. She and BR are still in communication, trying to unite Bran and Dany so that he can warg a dragon and beat the others ba-boom!

But really, I like the Sheira theory.

Shiera was known for practicing sorcery to make her appear younger. Given that Brynden was able to use magic to extend his life, it's not much of a stretch that Shiera could do the same, especially in a place like Asshai.

At least BR has the decency to rot slowly in a cave. I can see that it is not impossible that it is her but I think it highly unlikely. According to Wiki she had mismatching eyes. Dany should have noticed that.

Yes he was, he was legitimized, but he was one of the great bastards.

Is this a joke? Daemon, Aegor, Shiera & Brynden are the 4 known Great bastards.

Yes it was a joke, calm down. I forgot to mention Deamon as one of the great bastards, sorry.

At least BR has the decency to rot slowly in a cave. I can see that it is not impossible that it is her but I think it highly unlikely. According to Wiki she had mismatching eyes. Dany should have noticed that.

I don't know if some weird chic in a mask kept telling me about my future I might not be zoned in on the color of her peepers.

Also you are telling me she can magically look 40 years younger with a glamour....but she can't change 1 eye color?

She's Quaithe of Asshai, first of her name, fooler of girls, wearer of masks, talker of nonsense and dea ex machina.

I wouldn't say she's a dea ex machina but she is a plot device and she's a little too mysterious--to the point where she might be an annoying distraction to the reader. It'll be interesting if she's Shiera. If she's just a simple plot device--a shadowbinder from Asshsi introduced to give Dany cryptic warnings that appear to be at cross purposes, well that seems a bit contrived, no?

I don't know if some weird chic in a mask kept telling me about my future I might not be zoned in on the color of her peepers. Also you are telling me she can magically look 40 years younger with a glamour....but she can't change 1 eye color?

I wasn't telling that she was looking 40 years younger. I wasn't thinking about a glamor. With a glamor she could of course.

Archived