Re-Cast Game of Thrones with actors from any era.

Weeping Sore

Jodie Foster - Daenerys, Peter Ustinov - Joffrey, Peter Dinklage - Tyrion, Marilyn Monroe -Sansa, Peter Cushing - Little Finger, Laurence Olivier - Tywin, Orson Welles - Robert, Marlon Brando - Eddard, Betty Davies - Catelyn, Grace Kelly - Cersie, Steve Mcqueen - Jammie, Humphrey Bogart - Stannis, Lillian Gish - Arya and of course all actors would be at there appropriate age vis-à-vis the books.

When I first read A Game of Thrones back in 1997 or so, I pictured Sharon Stone from Basic Instinct as Cersei Lannister, and Rutger Hauer from Ladyhawke as Jamie. (Hard to believe Basic Instinct came out over 20 years ago now)

Can't really picture anybody else as Tywin & Tyrion besides Charles Dance & Peter Dinklage.

George Clooney as Ned Stark?

Josh Holloway as Jaime with an english accent would be perfect. He just fits Jaime much more if you look at the appearance.

The first actress who was slated to play Cat, named Jennifer Ehle.

A shaved Daniel Day-Lewis as Stannis. Channeling his Bill the Butcher character.

Viggo Mortensen as Mance Rayder.

And I kinda like the mention of a younger Sharon Stone as Cersei. She is very beautiful at the same time that she looks very sexy and kind of evil. Kind of devious. And Cersei is meant to look that way.

Timothy Dalton, at his current age, as Blackfish.

Judi Dench as Olenna Tyrell, The Queen of Thorns.

Sean Connery as Jon Arryn.

Marlon Brando could probably make a good Doran MArtell. Of course he should have a bigger part, but I don't see him as Ned or Stannis or someone.

Emmanuelle Chriqui as Arianne Marteill.

A young Laura Fraser or Julia Ormond as Margaery.

This was more of the current era though. I may come back and write down some from the old eras.

I know I already mentioned him for the role, but I'm watching "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" and I can't help but think he would have been great in it.

Lee Van Cleef = Prince Oberyn "the Red Viper" Martell

If only Sergio Leone could come back from the dead and direct the Red Viper / Mountain duel.

If only Sergio Leone could come back from the dead and direct the Red Viper / Mountain duel.

Cold opening. No intro. We're already there, in the yard. Two of them standing on opposite sides. Breading heavily. Looking at each other. Crowd is all around them. People cheer. People can sense blood. Around 15 minutes in, squires bring them their weapons. They arm themselves. Crowd suddenly starts quieting itself. People have no need to sense anything any more. People finally realize they'll get more than what they've bargained for. And people are scared. Too scared to run into safety. And, by the way, there is no safety any more. Around 30 minutes in, two of them are still standing. Looking at each other. And in their eyes, the daggers. Crowd slowly aborts breading. Not a sound from anywhere. And then, around 45 minutes in, everything explodes. The duel. Ten minutes of unprecedented violence. Nukes have nothing on these guys. Pure death televised in ten minutes. And suddenly, everything stops abruptly. They kill each other. Crowd stars breading again. Tyrion vomits. End credits. No music. No preview for the next episode. Who needs a next episode?! Who needs television any more?! We've seen everything now! It's the end of an era!

That paragraph was a hyperbole. Maybe. To an extent.

Cold opening. No intro. We're already there, in the yard. Two of them standing on opposite sides. Breading heavily. Looking at each other. Crowd is all around them. People cheer. People can sense blood. Around 15 minutes in, squires bring them their weapons. They arm themselves. Crowd suddenly starts quieting itself. People have no need to sense anything any more. People finally realize they'll get more than what they've bargained for. And people are scared. Too scared to run into safety. And, by the way, there is no safety any more. Around 30 minutes in, two of them are still standing. Looking at each other. And in their eyes, the daggers. Crowd slowly aborts breading. Not a sound from anywhere. And then, around 45 minutes in, everything explodes. The duel. Ten minutes of unprecedented violence. Nukes have nothing on these guys. Pure death televised in ten minutes. And suddenly, everything stops abruptly. They kill each other. Crowd stars breading again. Tyrion vomits. End credits. No music. No preview for the next episode. Who needs a next episode?! Who needs television any more?! We've seen everything now! It's the end of an era!

That paragraph was a hyperbole. Maybe. To an extent.

Браво!

Oops! The above was my attempt to paste in "Bravo!" in a Cyrillic font.

(Now I can see the frustration- your ideal screen adaptation of ASoIaF would be about 5000 hours long!)

Браво!

Oops! The above was my attempt to paste in "Bravo!" in a Cyrillic font.

(Now I can see the frustration- your ideal screen adaptation of ASoIaF would be about 5000 hours long!)

No, man, that would be Leone's. I'd have to be more practical. You know, budget and all that. If I was some book purist, I'd never be in a position to adapt ASOIAF in the first place. (The last sentence is an actual quote from some D&D's interview.)

And by the way, where are you man when a brother needs help? I'm bleeding, man, in 'General (ASoIaF)' for three days now. Those threads have teeth. All the lovers of particular set of characters and haters of opposite set of characters keep attacking us who just want to discuss things from philosophical point of view. It's a war zone down there.

No, man, that would be Leone's. I'd have to be more practical. You know, budget and all that. If I was some book purist, I'd never be in a position to adapt ASOIAF in the first place. (The last sentence is an actual quote from some D&D's interview.)

And by the way, where are you man when a brother needs help? I'm bleeding, man, in 'General (ASoIaF)' for three days now. Those threads have teeth. All the lovers of particular set of characters and haters of opposite set of characters keep attacking us who just want to discuss things from philosophical point of view. It's a war zone down there.

Ha! I seem to remember your posts having teeth too.

Janos Slint - me.

Archived