Re-Cast Game of Thrones with actors from any era.

Weeping Sore

A young Michael York as a young Tywin, Liz Taylor as Lyanna Stark, Vivienne Lee as an older Arya, Christopher Lee as Pycelle, definitely Oliver Reed for Robert, resurrected Heath Ledger as Jaime, Grace Kelly, maybe Kim Basinger as an older version as Cersei, a young Yul Brynner as Oberyn, a young Catherine-Zeta Jones as Arienne, Gemma Arteton as Lady Nym, Rooney Mara as Elia Martell, Nicole Kidman as Catelyn, a younger Amy Adams as Sansa, a young Guy Pierce as Viserys, Charlton Heston as Ned, Audrey Hepburn with a wig as Daenerys, A young Vanessa Redgrave as Mellisandre and a young Gene Kelly as Renly

• 1 year later...

If Game of Thrones was made during the early 1950's:

Meinhardt Raabe as Tyrion Lannister, Joan Crawford as Cersei, Joel McCrae as Jamie, Henry Fonda as Sandor Clegane, Walter Huston as Tywin, Peter Lawford as Joffrey Baratheon, John Gielgud as Petyr Baelish, Peter Lorre as Varys, Melvyn Douglas as Bronn, Sidney Greenstreet as Pycelle, Elizabeth Taylor as Daenerys Targaryen, Walter Pidgeon as Ser Jorah Mormont, Margaret O'Brien as Arya Stark, Audrey Hepburn as Sansa, Claudette Colbert as Cat, Roddy McDowall as Bran, Montgomery Clift as Robb, Tim Holt as Theon Greyjoy, Charlton Heston as Jon Snow and Christopher Lee as Grenn.

I'm trying to make a dream cast if the show was filmed during the 1980s.

• 2 weeks later...

Marlon Brando is Wyman Manderly

Ian McKellen is Maester Aemon

Sean Bean is Ned Stark

Daniel Day-Lewis is Tywin

Sean Connery is Robert Baratheon

Gary Oldman is Vargo

Liam Neeson is Randyl Tarly or Jorah or the Hound

Jeremy Irons is Balon Greyjoy

Simon Pegg is Pyp

Emma Watson is Sansa

Ralph Fiennes is Roose Bolton

Young Christian Bale is Robb Stark

Michael Caine is Kevin Lannister

Young Sean Connery is Jorah, or old Sean Connery is Sir Barristan

Anthony Hopkins is Walder Frey

Daniel Craig is Jamie Lannister

Jeremy Irons is the half hand

Ben Kingsly is Pycell

Colin Farrell is Dario

Cillian Murphy is Ramsay

Kate Winslet is Cersei

Tilda Swinton is Catelyn

Pierce Brosnon is Jorah if Connery is Barristan

John Cleese is the kindly man

Gerard Butler is Victarion

Young Orlando Bloom is Jon Snow or Loras

Liam Cunningham is still Davos

Christopher Lee is the wizard from Old Town

Brendan Gleeson is Mace Tyrell

Keira Knightly is Margery

Carey Mulligan is Dany

Saoirse Ronan is Arya

Antonio Banderas is the red viper

Damian Lewis is Griff

Rupert Friend is Theon

Brienne is perfect

Tyrion is perfect

Sam is Jonah Hill

Melisandre is Cate Blanchett

Asha is Claire Danes

Jude Law is Jon Snow also

A young Michael York as a young Tywin, Liz Taylor as Lyanna Stark, Vivienne Lee as an older Arya, Christopher Lee as Pycelle, definitely Oliver Reed for Robert, resurrected Heath Ledger as Jaime, Grace Kelly, maybe Kim Basinger as an older version as Cersei, a young Yul Brynner as Oberyn, a young Catherine-Zeta Jones as Arienne, Gemma Arteton as Lady Nym, Rooney Mara as Elia Martell, Nicole Kidman as Catelyn, a younger Amy Adams as Sansa, a young Guy Pierce as Viserys, Charlton Heston as Ned, Audrey Hepburn with a wig as Daenerys, A young Vanessa Redgrave as Mellisandre and a young Gene Kelly as Renly

I would exchange many of your recasts. In your version, Arya is more classically beautiful than Sansa, Dany and arguably Cersei. Vivien Leigh would be great as either Margaery (if younger) or Cersei (if older, with a blonde wig/dyed hair). Natalie Wood could also be a good physical match for Margaery from the books, with her doe eyes and innocent sweet look, it would be ambiguous and deceptive just like Marg in the books, unlike the more obviously ambitious and scheming Marg from the show. Liz Taylor is Ashara Dayne (she was even the inspiration for her), not Lyanna. Katherine Hepburn is the completely wrong type, physically and otherwise, for Dany, but she would be a great Catelyn. Grace Kelly would be more suited to Dany or Margaery (with dyed hair/wig) than to Cersei, at least physically, though she's not the ideal candidate for either. And Christopher Lee is all wrong for Pycelle, too tall and dignified and physically impressive even at an old age. You need someone who could look pathetic and slimy. Hm... I have to think about that.

Also, has anyone said it yet - Peter Ustinov as Wyman Mandely and Charles Laughton as Ilyrio?

Some of these look like recasting Casablanca or Spartacus as Game of thrones!

I get the Spartacus one though, Though I'd throw in Ustinov as Varys as Varys and Illyrio kind of parallel those characters in a visual way and Pentos=Rome kind of works a bit too.

I'm gonna do a Magnificent seven one:

Steve McQueen - Jamie

Yul Brynner - Drogo

Robert Vaughn - Littlefinger

James Coburn - Tywin

Charles Bronson - Ned Stark

The young one - Robb

The other dude who nobody knows the name of - Meryn trant

Eli Wallach - (I Love Eli Wallach) but I could only see him as Locke/Goat

Pretty good, eh? Even has the long ponytail.

~Nods YES~ That was a spectacular photo of Sean Connery. I get the feeling that I might see a glimpse of that picture in my mind on future rereads. I love Jason as Drogo, I used to picture Lost's Naveen Andrews (Sayid) when I read, and now they will both have to compete with a fleeting glimpse of Sean Connery. I'm betting the accent would be weird from Connery, though, LOL

~Nods YES~ That was a spectacular photo of Sean Connery. I get the feeling that I might see a glimpse of that picture in my mind on future rereads. I love Jason as Drogo, I used to picture Lost's Naveen Andrews (Sayid) when I read, and now they will both have to compete with a fleeting glimpse of Sean Connery. I'm betting the accent would be weird from Connery, though, LOL

Ha ha!

The accent from Sean Connery would be Sean Connery's accent as it always is!

James bond, Scottish accent.

Spanish immortal, Scottish accent.

Irish American policeman, Scottish accent.

Richard the lion heart, Scottish accent.

Khal Drogo would be from Edinburgh and we know it.

Still, it would be class and he'd rock.

Archived