What prequel Novel would you like GRRM to write?

Jose Stark

I like Robert's Rebellion myself. But I want to get a better look at the Greyjoy Rebellion, more specifically the Iron Throne's campaign to put down the rebellion. I always see Robert, Ned, Stannis, Barristan, Jorah, Thoros of Myr, Paxter Redwyne fighting on the same team as the closest thing to a Westeros All Stars. I'm sure if GRRM wrote about the Greyjoy Rebellion, we'd learn about who else was part of that campaign.

First and foremost, I want GRRM to finish the main book series. After that is done, though, I would love a short novel (maybe even a novella) about the Tourney at Harrenhal. I think it could use three POVs. Elia could give us insight into Prince Rhaegar without giving away too much. Someone in the Knight of the Laughing Tree plotline would be good, too, but I don't think we would want it to be the mystery knight, so probably Howland Reed. I think the final POV could be either Bob Baratheon or Brandon Stark.

I would also like a novel about Robert's Rebellion. That would need to be a big one, probably on par with ASoS.

The Long Night.

GRRM once explained why he isn't going to write the Robellion prequel (since we know all there is to know about it, with no significant plot twists possible, what's the point?).

Roberts Rebellion hands down, start off about a year before the tourney at Harrenhall. A Ned ToJ POV. Barristan POV. Jaime POV. JonCon POV. Lyanna POV. Maybe a Robert POV for the battle at the Trident. Mayhaps even a Rhaegar POV.

A little part of me secretly believes GRRM has all this already written and will publish it after the 7th book, whenever that is.

A HBO adaptation of Roberts Rebellion would be awesome too. Maybe even the Greyjoy Rebellion as well.

well since we already getting the dance of dragons i would like to see the conquest no lie. To know what dragon stone is like from a targ perspective and the relationship with visenya, aegon and rhaenys, most importantly how to train your dragons.

Robert rebellion no lie with povs from elia, rhaella, jon con, ned, arthur dayne. Wouldn't mind it starting from when arthur dayne and barry the bold beat the kingswood brotherhood and to go right into harrenhal since about that time elia and rhaegar marry. Meaning yes tywin at court with rhaella and everyone.

I would pick from just before the Tourney at Harrenhal to Robert's wedding with Cersei. That would cover everything I have a burning desire to know.

I do find all of the stuff with the first dance of dragons to be fascinating though. From Viserys I down to the Blackfire rebellion. And ending with Aegon V's reign. So much interesting stuff there and I'd love to see it all depicted somehow.

I would like him to write a tale of the struggle for the Iron Throne, so while the war rages thereal threat will emerge, The Others, and they will attempt to conquer Westeros, but an ugly dragon queen will come and kill the Others with her dragons, and then Westeros is saved...too bad that's never gonna happen...

Archived