Thenns?

ctid1977

Seems like it, and I do hope that we get some expansion on the Thenn culture. Maybe David Peterson will create the Old Tongue. I think that would really add some spice to what is currently a rather lacklustre subplot.

Very skeptical about their returning to Iceland again. Hopefully filming in summer instead of winter means it's going to be a different ball game, but from all the reports I've heard the shooting conditions where just awful.

Cool find. Does anyone know why they've even decided to introduce Styr and his Thenns at this point? I'm thinking the Magnar will replace Leathers and serve as an interpreter for Jon when he interacts with Wun Wun.

That, or they could be included on the northern part of the attack on the wall (with Mance et al) the one that Stannis helps to win. I don't really see them including the Alys Karstark subplot, at this point.

That, or they could be included on the northern part of the attack on the wall (with Mance et al) the one that Stannis helps to win. I don't really see them including the Alys Karstark subplot, at this point.

On the contrary I think this is confirmation (or good as) that Alys will be in. Styr, the first Magnar really does nothing that couldn't be covered by Rattleshirt say. His son Sigorn's only act is to marry Alys. When we already have Rattleshirt free to take up whatever role at the Wall they want, it makes no sense to introduce Styr unless Alys is also in - unless of course the Thenns have some other significance in TWOW we're unaware of.

On the contrary I think this is confirmation (or good as) that Alys will be in. Styr, the first Magnar really does nothing that couldn't be covered by Rattleshirt say. His son Sigorn's only act is to marry Alys. When we already have Rattleshirt free to take up whatever role at the Wall they want, it makes no sense to introduce Styr unless Alys is also in - unless of course the Thenns have some other significance in TWOW we're unaware of.

so is it Sigorn that's being brought in, or Styr? Or both?

Yeah, I could see that. He'll probably replace Sigorn and have to be convinced to join Jon after Mance's defeat. Later, when Alys (or whoever replaces her :rolleyes:) is chased to the Wall, Jon will marry them off to protect her as well as to form a small bridge between the Wildings & Southrons. Though I can see Mance, Tormund, Rattleshirt, and Styr all taking part in the Battle of Castle Black against the Night's Watch.

so is it Sigorn that's being brought in, or Styr? Or both?

I'm pretty sure it's Styr who's being cast, but he'll likely be a composite of both Styr and Sigorn.

• 2 weeks later...

I don;t see any of it as anything other than confirmation that we'll see the Thenns. I Imagine that they's play the same role as they do in the book, and that Styr will meet the same fate.

Archived