Aegon and Blackfyre

midnight ghost

The Golden company alone is a giveaway, to people like Selmy who know that they were interetwined with the Blackfyre line of legitimized Targ bastards. They do have the sword I believe and we will see it soon I am sure. Probably weilding it during or after he takes Storms End.

If the Blackfyre conspiracy is true, I have a feeling Varys is not a real Blackfyre loyalist, just using Illyrio, the Golden Company and fAegon for his purposes.

the Strong theory on the boards is that Varys and illyrio's late wife were blackfyre decendents. Varys, may be like Egg was as a child, shaving his head so that his true hair will not give him away. It is also believed that Aegon/Young Griff is Illyrio's son by Vary's sister.

Wielding Blackfyre wouldn't really help his legitimacy. Sure, it would present an inspiring image, but it doesn't make him anymore legitimate than it did Daemon Blackfyre.

He want to show everyone he's cool and a Targ. What's cooler than wielding one of the ancestral blades of House Targaryen?

He want to show everyone he's cool and a Targ. What's cooler than wielding one of the ancestral blades of House Targaryen?

People would still question why he's wielding a sword that was last wielded by a Blackfyre, and has never been seen since the last male Blackfyre died.

People would still question why he's wielding a sword that was last wielded by a Blackfyre, and has never been seen since the last male Blackfyre died.

Well, the Golden Company, according to legend retreated and took the sword with them when Maleays the Monsterous was slain by Ser Barristan selmy at the end of the War of the Nine Penny Kings. The Golden Company is with Aegon/Young Griff and Kings Landing knows it. So, why not bring out the sword, The sword and the Golden Company are practically one in the same at this point in history.

Well, the Golden Company, according to legend retreated and took the sword with them when Maleays the Monsterous was slain by Ser Barristan selmy at the end of the War of the Nine Penny Kings. The Golden Company is with Aegon/Young Griff and Kings Landing knows it. So, why not bring out the sword, The sword and the Golden Company are practically one in the same at this point in history.

If they do give (F)Aegon Blackfyre then I think they'll wait a while before so people don't get suspicious.

If they do give (F)Aegon Blackfyre then I think they'll wait a while before so people don't get suspicious.

I think he wins the Iron throne before the end of TWOW, there when he is crowned, they may present it to him as a gift.

I think he wins the Iron throne before the end of TWOW, there when he is crowned, they may present it to him as a gift.

If (F)Aegon does reach KL and gets the throne before Dany arrives, I can see them giving him Blackfyre. But I don't think he'll reach KL in time.

Yeah, as I said, it makes for a good image, but wielding Blackfyre does not help his claim when it comes to succession. In other words, wielding Blackfyre does not prove him to be Aegon VI or make him the lawful heir to the Iron Throne.

If (F)Aegon does reach KL and gets the throne before Dany arrives, I can see them giving him Blackfyre. But I don't think he'll reach KL in time.

I think he will, most likely, he will gain it, then Dany arrives and begins her war against him for it. The Second Dance of Dragons is about to begin.

Archived