blackfyre claim

I'm sure this has between discussed before, but i missed it.

How are the blackfyres NOT the legitimate rulers of the 7 Kingdoms?

Now don't get me wrong, my mantra is that the king is who ever's ass happens to be on the ugly iron chair, but for the sake of this topic i want only legalistic answers. No right of conquest after aegon the first, no extenuating circumstances.

Daemon was older than Daeron, and was legitimized. So case closed?

Edit. Misread the wiki on birth dates vs coronation dates. My bad

Edit, mantra, not manta

I'm sure this has between discussed before, but i missed it.

How are the blackfyres NOT the legitimate rulers of the 7 Kingdoms?

Now don't get me wrong, my manta is that the king is who ever's ass happens to be on the ugly iron chair, but for the sake of this topic i want only legalistic answers. No right of conquest after aegon the first, no extenuating circumstances.

Daemon was older than Daeron, and was legitimized. So case closed?

A legitimized bastard he still was. Not of pure blood.

According to the wiki Daemon was born in 270, Daeron 284.

No, according to the wiki Daemon was born in 170, and Daeron was crowned in 184, when he was "past his forties". Which makes him the oldest brother by a wide margin.

According to the wiki Daemon was born in 270, Daeron 284.

The wiki says no such things. You keep misreading and blaming it on the Wiki. The Wiki says that Daemon was born in +/- 170 AL and Daeron II started ruling in 284 AL (and the date of birth isn't provided except that he was around his forties when he started his rule) but since Daeron wasn't a child when he started ruling, and Daemon was 14 years old, then we can assume that Daeron was older than Daemon.

1) Daeron was definitely older.

2) The Blackfyre Rebellion began a full decade after Aegon IV died and Daeron II ascended. If it was simply an issue of Daemon being the entitled claimant, what took him so long? The issue was more that he was a highly convenient vehicle for aggrieved and discontent lords to rally behind - looked like Aegon I, was a rockin' warrior, had the sword, both parents Targaryen. What more could you want if you wanted to dispose of Daeron II the wimpy dude who liked books...ewwwwwwww...

2) The Blackfyre Rebellion began a full decade after Aegon IV died and Daeron II ascended. If it was simply an issue of Daemon being the entitled claimant, what took him so long? The issue was more that he was a highly convenient vehicle for aggrieved and discontent lords to rally behind - looked like Aegon I, was a rockin' warrior, had the sword, both parents Targaryen. What more could you want if you wanted to dispose of Daeron II the wimpy dude who liked books...ewwwwwwww...

Definitely right, my bad. I edited the op admitting fault. I misread Daerons coronation date as his birth date.

If a Blackfyre can usurp the throne then he is the rightful ruler. In the Seven Kingdoms there is no One True King as the Stannis fans would believe. I know im gonna catch some shit for that. If you want the damn uncomfortable chair take it then, if you have the balls to do it that is, id pass anyways id rather take my luck with Winter and the only king i know, The King in The North!

If a Blackfyre can usurp the throne then he is the rightful ruler. In the Seven Kingdoms there is no One True King as the Stannis fans would believe. I know im gonna catch some shit for that. If you want the damn uncomfortable chair take it then, if you have the balls to do it that is, id pass anyways id rather take my luck with Winter and the only king i know, King in The North!

I like this guy

The wiki says no such things. You keep misreading and blaming it on the Wiki. The Wiki says that Daemon was born in +/- 170 AL and Daeron II started ruling in 284 AL (and the date of birth isn't provided except that he was around his forties when he started his rule) but since Daeron wasn't a child when he started ruling, and Daemon was 14 years old, then we can assume that Daeron was older than Daemon.

You're telling me that Daemon was a 114 when Daeron started to rule??

I think you mean 184 AL,In 284 AL RR was over.

Pretty sure the Blackfyres were disinherited when, y'know, they rebelled and attempted to kill all the Targaryens...

Being disinherited doesnt mean jack shit if you have the power to take the throne back. Rule by Conquest trumps right every time.

It took so long, because Daemon being the all round great guy he was had to be convinced to rebel. However, as soon as he was given the sword many people started speaking about him being the rightful heir, a full 12 years earlier. Daemon was also descendant from the senior line of Targaryens, through Daena the Defiant. Daeron being spiteful with the woman Daemon loved was the straw that broke the camels back.

Archived