blackfyre claim

Daemon had good reasons to think he should be king the most important is that he was given the Blackfyre sword. Every Targaryen king had been given this sword at some point.

Daeron then gave away Daenerys the woman, Daemon loved and she loved too, to the Dornish to bring them into the realm. The thing is he did this in part to spite Daemon, because many people were whispering Daemon was the rightful king and marrying Daenerys would help his claim. This made Daemon furious. Daeron ordered his arrest, but the former Master-at-arms and a great swordsman Fireball saved Daemon and then the rebellion began.

The whole sword thing seems silly to me. The previous king could have just named his rightful heir could he not? As for the rest I think I will have to read up on what happened.

The whole sword thing seems silly to me. The previous king could have just named his rightful heir could he not? As for the rest I think I will have to read up on what happened.

The previous king was the worst Targaryen king ever according to Martin. I reckon he purposely left things vague just to mess things up. The two signs of kingship for a Targaryen were the Blackfyre sword and the Iron Throne. There was no Targaryen throne so leaving Daemon the sword starting people talking. Literally from the day he received the sword, people mentioned that he was the rightful heir.

Also he was thought to be too close to the Dornish.

From what we've heard about him Daeron actually became a very wise and good King, but if it hadn't been for Bloodraven his goose would have been cooked.

Definitely. The story about the random archer taking out Fireball could be true, but then again it seems like just too much of a coincidence. One of the greatest swordsmen and generals gets taken out by a mysterious archer on the eve of the battle.

So how is him giving Daemon the ancestral sword silly?, Aegon the Unworthy had many heirs to choose from so it must have been a hard decision to make, thats why he legitimized his bastards to see if any of them fit the bill. Daemon fit perfectly fit into what his father wanted and was the complete opposite of the pussy book worm Daeron. So he gives Blackfyre to Daemon because he believes him to be the best candidate. However remember Aegon IV was not the smartest of the Targs and didnt really think of the consequences of his actions.

Archived