Could Old Nan beat Olenna Tyrell in a duel if both of them had Valyrian greatswords?

Inquisitor Glokta

This thread is inspired by Light a wight tonight. Thank you very much!

You'd prefer one of those "Could Old Nan beat Lady Olenna if they both had Valyrian swords?" topics? Maybe a Frey who's not a total slimeball is just refreshing.

I think this is a topic worth of a lengthy thread:

Which of our favorite grans from ASOIAF would win in a duel if both were wielding Valyrian greatswords?

My first instinct would go to Olenna, since i think she can be a lot meaner, when it counts.

BUT one can not forget old Nan. Maybe Dunk showed her a few tricks after she showed him a few. We will find out in the she-wolves.

So far my money would be on Olenna!

Sometimes it's amazing how bored everybody can get waiting for the next book.

Sums up 99% of all threads. BTW Old Nan wouldn't need a great sword just her sewing needles ... click..click...click...

Olenna. The old woman has some fight in her left I bet. Any fierceness Old Nan once possessed has been reduced to telling scary stories to children by now.

OTOH, Olenna is maybe 4 foot six and Nan is Duncan the Tall's daughter or something like that. Size counts.

Sums up 99% of all threads. BTW Old Nan wouldn't need a great sword just her sewing needles ... click..click...click...

Excuse my digression...

But wow. The "... click..click...click..." makes me think of her as a giant spider...like the ones she scares children with. Aaand she's always knitting her web.

"In that darkness the White Walkers came for the first time. They swept through cities and kingdoms, riding their dead horses, hunting with their packs of pale spiders big as hounds."

Olenna probably. She seems to be mobile, while Nan could barely walk.

Mace Tyrell vs. Tyrion?

Wyman Manderly vs. Illyrio?

Jojen Reed vs. Sam?

How about Walder Frey vs. Maester Aemon?

Willas Tyrell vs. Bran?

Penny, Groat, and Tyrion vs. Hodor.

This thread is inspired by Light a wight tonight. Thank you very much!

I think this is a topic worth of a lengthy thread:

Which of our favorite grans from ASOIAF would win in a duel if both were wielding Valyrian greatswords?

My first instinct would go to Olenna, since i think she can be a lot meaner, when it counts.

BUT one can not forget old Nan. Maybe Dunk showed her a few tricks after she showed him a few. We will find out in the she-wolves.

So far my money would be on Olenna!

Lady Tyrell . . . . . . . .

GRRM needs to get to writing the topics on ASOIAF boards have been out of this world the last 2 years.

Archived