If L+R does = J, who will drop the bomb?

Lady Flandrensis

Wait what, would the two be in Lyannas tomb? Would Eddard have hid them there maybe?

There is a theory that old crown of Kings in the North, with some sort of confirmation that the two of them were married, and that child Lyanna carries is legitimate, is buried with Lyanna. Something is certainly hiding in those crypts.

There are several characters still alive (or who may still be alive) who could know about Jon's true parentage. I'm thinking either Ser Barristan Selmy or Benjen Stark may spill the beans...

What do you think?

Selmy nor Benjen know R+L=J, if its even a thing.

Selmy nor Benjen know R+L=J, if its even a thing.

Benjen probably does know, and that could be one of the reasons he joined the NW early, because he felt guilty when his father and brother died when he didn't tell them about Lyanna running off with Rheagar and he probably helped Lyanna with her KOTLT armour.

Benjen probably does know, and that could be one of the reasons he joined the NW early, because he felt guilty when his father and brother died when he didn't tell them about Lyanna running off with Rheagar and he probably helped Lyanna with her KOTLT armour.

That's what I'm thinking. Benjen has been a veiled character and been missing for a couple of years but in GRRM world, that means nothing.

Anyone who lived through it may know.

I doubt Selmy knows. Afterall, if he did and knew Jon was the true born heir; why would he search out Dany? Jon, afterall would come before Dany.

As for who will drop the bomb, I think it will be a combination on several fronts. Howland Reed, will be the one who tells Stannis and the other Northern lords at Winterfell. He will also reveal Robb's will. Bloodraven and Bran, will be the one's to tell Jon.

After the wall falls, Jon and his host travel to Winterfell and prepare for the Battle for the Dawn. There he will find the rest of the proof in his mother's tomb.

A Barristan Selmy quote is "Prince Rhaegar loved his Lyanna and thousands died for it." While that's fairly common knowledge the subtlety of "his" Lyanna is delicious.

As for his going after his "true king" Jon is still a bastard, as far as we know, while Viserys and Dany are legitimate heirs.

Archived