If L+R does = J, who will drop the bomb?

Lady Flandrensis

Jon, hands down :-) I don't think Aegon made a very favourable impression.

However, Dany doesn't need recommendations:

"Your Grace," he conceded, "the dragon has three heads, remember? You have wondered at that, ever since you heard it from the warlocks in the House of Dust. Well, here's your meaning: Balerion, Meraxes, and Vhagar, ridden by Aegon, Rhaenys, and Visenya. The three-headed dragon of House Targaryen - three dragons, andthree riders."

"Yes," said Dany, "but my brothers are dead."

"Rhaenys and Visenya were Aegon's wives as well as his sisters. You have no brothers, but you can take husbands." (A Storm of Swords 99)

She might actually think it her best interest to chase both guys :D Poor Jon, his vows and chastity will be in grave danger again :D

I mostly agree with the first point, but there is one odd remark that Tyrion makes to himself reflecting on Benerro's preaching: "Griff will see that too, surely, he thought, surprised to find out how much he cared." This occurs in the chapter wherein Ser Jorah and Tyrion meet Vogarro's widow, but several pages before the by now infamous thought about Aegon "taking the bait". What does he care about? Is it just Jon C. saving his life? Or Septa Lemore? Or does he have some concern about Aegon's fate only hinted at here?

I agree the passage you quote, in hindsight foreshadows Dany marrying both, but poor Ser Jorah if this comes to pass. And what a mess! Jon can cope if she bullies him into this, but I suspect this arrangement will drive Aegon up a wall. The war of the senses of entitlement. :)

Dany wouldn't have to marry Jon or Aegeon if they are true Targs.. At least I think still trying to finish all books esp before comic con panel next week. I just hope Comic Con does not turn into when Twilight was at Comic Con and people sat through other panels they did not like to see the twilight panel and people stated that ruined Comic Con. Game of Thrones panel will be a huge audience granted it is in Hall H. Just hope waiting in the line and getting their early enough pays off and hope people want to see other panels as well. I think at least I have a theory that the wall will come crumpling down soon and the battle begins with the others. it appears that the Others cannot pass the Wall otherwise we would have seen them south of it by now. The wall must be protecting the realm and if the Wall falls it is free game for the others. The Wall seems to be there not to protect against the wildlings, but the others. Meaning the Wall has some magic to it as well just like Storm's End.

I don't know if it's been said (not going through 15 pages), but maybe Melisandre or Stannis will see something in the flames, and then realize Jon has king's blood in him. That's what I think, at least. So he survives the stabbing via the Lord of Light in order to be sacrificed at a different time.

I don't know if it's been said (not going through 15 pages), but maybe Melisandre or Stannis will see something in the flames, and then realize Jon has king's blood in him. That's what I think, at least. So he survives the stabbing via the Lord of Light in order to be sacrificed at a different time.

Well,The Stark have king blood already for 8000 years, (targ 300) :P

I think if Dany goes to Asshai, she may see and learn the truth especially of her brother Rhagaear. Quaithe is trying to tell her she must go back in order to move forward. I think she means for Dany to gleam in the past like Bran is and see and learn the truth of her past/family etc.. Then she can move forward, release the anger in her heart, learn and become a better person for it. I also think it is HR/Bran scenario. I think the sooner HR/Bran tell Jon the safer he will be and order to protect himself. Once word gets out about Jon, I fear his life will be in the ultimate danger. I just realized Eddard was dreamt as being sad about Jon and in the crypts by Rickon and Bran. I believe Jon dreamt the same place, but instead of Ned it was a direwolf and the wolf was sad. I think Jon's truth/importance will be found there.

This is close to what I have been saying, but don't forget. Last time we saw Jon he was being stabbed repeatedly. And Mel like Thoros can give him the "kiss" that brings him back to life. In that instant she'll see more of his essence than has ever been available for her to see.

If she hasn't seen it in the flames before seems unlikely she would now.

This is close to what I have been saying, but don't forget. Last time we saw Jon he was being stabbed repeatedly. And Mel like Thoros can give him the "kiss" that brings him back to life. In that instant she'll see more of his essence than has ever been available for her to see.

I've been wondering why/if she hasn't already seen it somehow.

I am hoping she does not give him "the kiss" because it seems like whether she has sex with Stannis to birth the shadows or give the kiss, each act changes the other person and they become less of who they were/are. I think Jon had been shielded from her somehow before and also she has not had any physical/intimate contact with him either.. The flames only show so much and sometimes in order to make the flames true other acts have to be done to achieve it. (ex: davos smuggling Mel under Storm's End and within its walls of magic. I also think the wall has magical properties.)

I am hoping she does not give him "the kiss" because it seems like whether she has sex with Stannis to birth the shadows or give the kiss, each act changes the other person and they become less of who they were/are. I think Jon had been shielded from her somehow before and also she has not had any physical/intimate contact with him either.. The flames only show so much and sometimes in order to make the flames true other acts have to be done to achieve it. (ex: davos smuggling Mel under Storm's End and within its walls of magic. I also think the wall has magical properties.)

Maybe Jon is stronger than we think.

If he has dragon & wolf blood, maybe Mel needs to be shielded from him, ultimately.

• 2 years later...

I believe R+L=J, the idea of Rhaegar marrying Lyanna: Elia would eat her alive but ok whatever suits them

What I don't believe however is that it would make any impact to the story. No one's going to believe Jon (hell I don't even think he'll believe it) and the Targaryens no longer have a claim to the throne so it doesn't matter

They won it by force and now Dany and Aegon will have to get it back through force.

it effects characters in one way and that is jon riding a dragon

There are several characters still alive (or who may still be alive) who could know about Jon's true parentage. I'm thinking either Ser Barristan Selmy or Benjen Stark may spill the beans...
What do you think?

Why or how would Barristan know about R + L = J?

I think the only one that knows is HR. Probably Benjen too. There are no clear indications about anyone else knowing.

Archived