If L+R does = J, who will drop the bomb?

Lady Flandrensis

Melisandre, well at least she will figure out that Jon's parents can't be a Northern Lord and a fisherman's daughter from the Vale.

Jon Snow is dead (I don't think there is space in the story's timeline for him to be convalescing for several months)

- The Night's Watch will burn the body (and by saying the words release Jon from his vow)

- The flames will revive Jon, completing the PtwP prophecy (born / reborn amidst salt and smoke)

- Mel will witness this and realise that her visions relate to Jon and not (poor) Stannis

Note: I'd imagine the story of Howland Reed returning to Winterfell after the war with Ned's bastard is pretty well known in the North.

- Thus introducing the need to seek out Howland Reed into the plot  

Howland Reed is the obvious choice. I could also see Bran-as-tree observing it directly in the past. Either way, it'll have to be something definitive and first-hand.

Do you mean seeing your aunt get screwed or?...

i think an interesting scenario I've heard before/thought of before is that with Jon dead/in a coma/in ghost whatever, i can see BloodRaven or Bran giving him visions in his dreams and seeing how he is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. When he awakes he will need confirmation from someone of this dream of his real mother and father. And i believe Benjen or Howland Reed will confirm with him.

Maybe Jon tries to go North to find Bloodraven to see what he knows and then comes across Benjen? Maybe Howland Reed is already on his way North? Maybe Bloodraven told Howland to go north? not sure but i think it would be really cool if he saw visions of it from Bran/Bloodraven in his dreams. 

Melisandre, well at least she will figure out that Jon's parents can't be a Northern Lord and a fisherman's daughter from the Vale.

Jon Snow is dead (I don't think there is space in the story's timeline for him to be convalescing for several months)

- The Night's Watch will burn the body (and by saying the words release Jon from his vow)

- The flames will revive Jon, completing the PtwP prophecy (born / reborn amidst salt and smoke)

- Mel will witness this and realise that her visions relate to Jon and not (poor) Stannis

Note: I'd imagine the story of Howland Reed returning to Winterfell after the war with Ned's bastard is pretty well known in the North.

- Thus introducing the need to seek out Howland Reed into the plot  

this isnt a bad idea either. i could see that. the whole burning thing concerns me though, because Jon burned his hands trying to stop the wights in Mormonts quarters. so im not sure fire would do anything but melt his flesh away lol 

There are several characters still alive (or who may still be alive) who could know about Jon's true parentage. I'm thinking either Ser Barristan Selmy or Benjen Stark may spill the beans...
What do you think?

Among the living, Howland.

Among the dead, Ned's ghost in Jon's dream. Maybe Lyanna's ghost too.

"When the time comes, I'll tell him myself."

Jon finishes his dream?

Exactly.

Howland Reed.  But who would listen to a crannogman.

Jon. He does not need the words of this man or that man to convince people of R+L=J. He will do that by deeds.

Archived